Page 1475 of 1482 FirstFirst ... 47597513751425146514701471147214731474147514761477147814791480 ... LastLast
Results 22,111 to 22,125 of 22229

Thread: Game: This or That

thanks tailor---it looks like something id enjoy. im going to be at a library soon, maybe today, no later than Thursday, and i'll see if anyone has it.

like my pushkin quote, so much of big bang theory was bent on the males in the show pursuing female attention, random celebrity included!

by "joe" do you mean julian?

that's a fun question---lately ive been enjoying star trek; Lower decks and I really like the theme song to that. it seems to have been inspired by TOS and nextgen.

but for pure iconic status, its hard to beat the first 10 seconds of the TOS theme and how artfully its been used in subsequent incarnations.

as star trek villains---the borg or the Klingons or the romulans or the dominion?

Blog Entries
    re: Joe... "It took you 33 years to come up with Joe?!" – Tom Paris, 2404 (STV: "Endgame")... https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/The_Doctor

Haven't seen STLD though I like the premise.

villians, eh ? Prolly the spectacle/heads-up display game one-time alien antagonists (Ktarians) in TNG... sneaky devils. https://memory-alpha.fandom.com/wiki/Ktarian

Monet or Van Gogh ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

ah, alas tailor---my voyager viewing was very sporadic, but I am looking forward to catching up on it with the dvd collection. I recently saw the ds9 episode where Robert picardo as a "real person" character visited the station to do research in order to improve the holographic medicine program.

lower decks is pretty nifty---the story is told mostly from the perspective of four ensigns who don't serve on the bridge, mariner, boimler, tendi and Rutherford. there are bunches of star trek "easter eggs," species you recognize, cameo visits, frequent references to other famous and beloved character and a great deal of both reverence and irreverence.

I checked at the library today, they only have the first two seasons of Babylon 5. I could maybe give it a shot and then if im really liking it, search elsewhere for the remaining seasons.

im relatively weak in the art field but I do know I like impressionism as a style and so i'll go with monet.

paintings or sculptures?

Blog Entries
    I'll have to say paintings... more accessible in the wild.

Dancing or karaoke ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

in terms of watching, dancing for sure. in terms of participating, also dancing for sure, but within the confines of square, folk and some ballroom.

youre reading along in a book and you come across a word you don't recognize or otherwise cant define. do you ignore the word or look it up?

Blog Entries
    re: "word" - Ask Alexa/Computer or google (mostly)

You receive a meal you did not prepare... do you • salt first • or taste first then salt • or salt at all ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

ive read somewhere that its considered insulting to the chef to salt food that's been prepared for you but I wonder how true that is. the only prepared meal type thing in life I ever really put salt on is mashed potatoes so the sample size is realllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllly small. if someone served me mashed potatoes, and I couldn't see any pepper on them, id assume there wasn't any salt either and id go ahead and add some. if I could see pepper, id assume salt was there too and give 'em a try to see if a bit more was desirable.

there is a local pizza place that, although I haven't been in a long time, when I do i'll often puts lots of garlic salt on the pizza.

lately ive been making lots of pasta and oil dishes and have been playing with all sorts of different oils and spices and other flavorings. ive got 3-4 different kinds of seasoned salt that ive been adding to those (but if someone served that to me id eat it without salt). as much as I like salt, the best thing on the pasta has been brown sugar.

tony stark and pepper potts or thor and jane foster or steve rogers and Peggy carter or scott lang and hope van dyne?

Blog Entries
    My Sister-in-law does the garlic salt w/ pizza... I'll sprinkle Parmesan cheese with a side of ranch. The only oil I cook with is olive oil.

Had to google scott et Hope... going with tony & Pepper.

Sharpies or dry erase ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

olive oil yes, and I have some almond oil, and grapeseed oil that both work really well with pasta.

we'll sit there at the pizza place and shake on bunches of garlic salt, red pepper, parmesan cheese and garlic powder. ive had ranch dressing on pizza, its a good innovation. I had pizza once with popcorn on it and it was surprisingly good.

you haven't seen any of the ant-man movies?

when I think of endgame it had to be tony who died and the movie had to end with captain America and Peggy carter together.

the advent of white boards and dry erase lightly revolutionized the classroom, so three cheers for them!

par-mee-shen cheese or par-muh-shan cheese?

Blog Entries
    No, no Antman movies nor comics... remember him lastly with the gang who time travelled where Captain Marvel later returns.

lol... meh

Pomegranates or pineapple ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I ate a pomegranate once and remember liking it, but its too exotic and rare around my parts to be a fruit staple, so pineapple it is. plus the latter is great on pizza and I have fond memories of eating pineapple and cheese sandwiches in English pubs.

spock or data?

Blog Entries
    mmm... tough choice - going with Spock (never heard Data's real persona wax on about Bilbo Baggins). The Bynars would be my favorite "logical" beings however: outstanding holodeck engineers.

Captain Crunch or Count Chocula ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

i cant remember if we talked about this before tailor---data plays a central and interesting role in star trek: picard.

have you watched any of discovery yet?

count chocula for sure---I think peanut butter doesnt translate well into a cereal flavor. plus peanut butter and milk isn't as successful a combination as chocolate and milk is.

sherlock holmes or hercule Poirot or some other famous literary detective?

Blog Entries
    re: Discovery - I think I saw season 1+ before I defenestrated DISH.
    re: Picard - Not a single show as of yet. Does Joe make an appearance ?

Holmes, with a polite nod to Poirot et al.

Roller skates or Rollerblades ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

no joe, but there is a holographic doctor of sorts. however, a character from voyager does appear, saves the day, and plays a significant role in at least a couple of episodes near the end of season 1. the characters initial appearance was really well done and I think made me cheer right out loud.

id say if I value aesthetics and speed, gotta go with rollerblades. im tolerably bad at them---maybe that'll give me something to do this summer.

from a real life production chronology: the first three star wars movies, the middle three, or the last three?