Page 1473 of 1482 FirstFirst ... 47397313731423146314681469147014711472147314741475147614771478 ... LastLast
Results 22,081 to 22,095 of 22227

Thread: Game: This or That

so we're still on top gun: maverick then---you would like the story better without the Jennifer Connelly character in it?

I mostly grew up with only a passing referential knowledge of both pairs, but with probably more familiarity with fred and ginger. to that point, I just recently watched my first ever movie with them, and in so much as you can like 90 yr old movies, I liked it. I don't think ive ever seen or heard anything with roy and dale---unless maybe an old hee-haw episode ive long forgotten. so fred and ginger it is!

here's what I hope is fun one tailor that you might have to indulge me a bit in order to do some video searching...

heart's performance of stairway to heaven live at the kennedy center honors event or Jordan smith's live performance of somebody to love from NBC's the voice finale?

Blog Entries
    re: TGM... the time line would be different. Also to clarify she wasn't in the original TG. Not interested in TC's love interest whatever the flic is... just fast planes and rock music and/or Sci Fi

Lol... never saw Roy and Dale on Hee Haw... will have to watch

JS singing Freddie is pretty good (Freddie is infinitely better) but prefer Heart's performance... blows me away.

Wooden Ships... JA or CS&N ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

so in the first movie if youre the new producer, youd look at Kelly mcgillis and you say "girl, youre outta here!"

for my part, almost always the romance makes the movie better.

I lean towards the heart performance also---when the choir kicks in, it was especially powerful, and seeing one of the led zeppelin kids in the band, and one of the led zeppelin guys with tears in his eyes was pretty moving too.

I love wooden ships but I confess ive never heard the Jefferson airplane version. however I LOVE grace slick's voice so the next time im at the library i'll have to see if I can hunt it up and give a listen.

your inviting danik here or your inviting PeterL here?

Blog Entries
    hmmm... as PeterL is a time traveler it might not suit his schedule; going with Danik 2016

In the classic sense: Symphony or Opera
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sorry guys, didn't read the last post correctly. The right answer is .
    Opera, unless it is Beethoven's 9th.
    Comic stripes or manga?
    Last edited by Danik 2016; 03-29-2023 at 04:44 PM.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    lol...

Comic strips

Butter or margarine ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

glad to see you here danik, I hope you'll end up enjoying it and staying.

im about on equal footing on a symphony vs an opera. if opera's were in English, or I understood a foreign language, that would go a long ways towards liking them better. but then as danik stated, it depends on the symphony too. some foreign operas might be more enjoyable than a symphony that doesn't quite cut it.

flavor wise id go for butter, but im a vegetarian who tries to minimize dairy products whenever there are acceptable alternatives, so 99 times out of a hundred, its margarine.

this one might be more tailored for you tailor, no pun intended:

star trek----original series or next generation or deep space 9 (I remember your liking that one) or voyager or enterprise?

Blog Entries
    Thanks, Bounty. The thread has become more interesting of late, since it isn´t part of the reboot any more. As for the Opera , the foreign language is a problem but today they are often presented with under titles. I remember watchin once a wonderful Chinese performance. I got a bit of neck ache because I had to turn the face up to read the under titles. I had also tochoose sometimes betwen watching the opera and reading the under titles. But without them it would have been impossible to understend the opera.

Poetry or prose?
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

Blog Entries
    Voyager
    Poetry

Dandelions or Sunflowers ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    I love the majesty of Sunflowers!

Fish or meat?

what is about voyager that makes it your favorite?

I was riding my bike one summer in the loire valley in france, came around a curve in the road upon a large field of sunflowers with all their heads turned to the sun. it was beautiful. similar occurrence in Holland except with tulips.

but I had an ex gf in the answer to the question of "what kind of flower would he be"---say, "a dandelion." plus I love their feisty tenacity and since they are unfortunately much maligned as a "weed" to be gotten rid of, their underdog status too. so I have to go with them.

a lot of poetry's lost on me danik---I have a really good collection of poets' works, but I hardly ever make use of them. I suspect if I had someone in my real life who enjoyed poetry, id get more into it.

I watch a fair amount of dvds on my computer while im riding my bike. the noise from the bike is loud enough that i'll usually have the subtitle function on for the movie. I enjoy being able to read what im hearing. I don't have any sense of missing out on the viewing of the action.

are there dandelions in brazil?

there is a whole M*A*S*H episode that deals with this one: you are reading a murder mystery, and are nearing the end of the book, about to find out who the culprit is, and then you find out the last page is missing!

do you try to figure out the murderer yourself or find the answer elsewhere or let it all go?

oh I took so long to answer that danik snuck in!

im a vegetarian!
    Last edited by bounty; 03-31-2023 at 09:16 AM.

Blog Entries
    re: "do you try to figure out the murderer yourself or find the answer elsewhere or let it all go?"... I'd be like all over finding the answer.

re: fish or meat... both too expensive, going with Cheetos just kidding. So, fish or meat: I'd go with beef... prolly less toxins and plastics.... though I love fish.

Sunrises or sunsets ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

in the M*A*S*H episode they ended up calling the author, but she gave them an answer that didn't work! and they had to figure it out themselves.

have you ever read Edwin Drood---it was dicken's last book, a murder mystery that he didn't finish. makes me wonder if anyone ever picked it up and finished it on his behalf.

i have lots of boxes of Cheetos flamin' hot spicy mac n' cheese.

i live in the hills so i hardly ever really see either. I like to think im full of hope, and so the sunrise is really consistent with that, but a sunset is also in tune with my melancholy spirit, plus I think they are more beautiful. so sunsets it is!

i might have asked this one before---from the movies not the books: eowyn or Arwen or Galadriel or tauriel and whats the criteria from which you made your choice?

Blog Entries
    re: "have you ever read Edwin Drood---it was dicken's last book, a murder mystery that he didn't finish. makes me wonder if anyone ever picked it up and finished it on his behalf." - Perhaps a plethora of alternative endings have been spawned: a romp of what is, what might have been, and the truth ?

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/art...ts-ending.html
    https://www.google.com/search?client...UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

Galadriel hands down the best character in the movie(s)... she rocks Middle earth and didn't give in to the temptation of the one ring... books are the same in overkill... finis

Hawkeye or Margaret ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 04-03-2023 at 01:23 PM. Reason: link
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I couldn't get to the dailymail article tailor but the search results were pretty neat, thank you. wouldn't it be fun to see a series of plays that are all the same up to the end of the book, and then wildly different afterwards depending on the new writers direction?

Margaret's interesting because her character evolved through a few different stages and became more likeable as the series progressed but there's a line from colonel blake that gives the answer: "hawkeye pierce, warts and all, is kinda the heart and soul of this unit" (or something very much like that). hawkeye was essential to the show so ya gotta go with him. plus I never found Margaret, "hot lips" and all, desirable like so many characters throughout the show did. major Winchester was my favorite character. ironically though, i thought the show as a whole went downhill starting probably in the early 80s.

cate Blanchett as Galadriel or as hela?