Thread: Game: This or That

Closed
    Oh did I react too strongly to that?

One of my pet peeves is to hear how Homer, and Milton, and The Bible were actually written by women, usually because the language is "so nurturing."

I personally like Gilgamesh more than Sappho, but then we have so little Sappho.

Julius Caesar or Genghis Kahn?

Blog Entries
    Eh I know little about either so from caricature I'll say Caesar.

Brutus or John Wilkes Booth?
    So with the courage of a clown, or a cur, or a kite jerkin tight at it's tether

Closed
    Two really different characters there, neither too admirable. Brutus wasn't a coward, though (just a loan shark), so I'll give it to him.

And Caesar was a greater "world conqueror" than Genghis (in my opinion) because he left cities in his wake. The Mongols built only bridges so they could look for more cities to burn.

Girls with toenails painted red or pink?

Blog Entries
    Haha, wow tough question. I'll say pink, but I find toenails painted any colour to be quite cute.

Probably too young for you or probably too old for you (considering a romantic partner)?

Closed
    I only consider one, honestly. Most 20-somethings are gorgeous and some are really sweet, but being done with them is liberating. And older than me? Well, many are sweet, let's just leave it at that.

Same question.

Blog Entries
    Well I'm twenty three so right now so too young gets uh... illegal pretty fast, I wouldn't consider eighteen to be anything amiss though. I'll go with older since I never have (cut me off at 35).

Movie theatre popcorn or popcorn made at home?

Closed
    Movie popcorn. It's got that fire and brimstone smell of movie lobbies.

Microwaving dinner or cooking on a stove even if you could easily microwave it?

Blog Entries
    I pretty rarely microwave anything and usually I'll reheat on the stovetop.

Reading all of The Faerie Queene or gnawing your own arm off (or reading Finnegans Wake)?

ive heard things like that about the faerie queen, and I have it, but haven't read it yet.

as I like my arms though, id have to say the faerie queen.

on a lighter and less grisly note:

jim backus as mr magoo, or as Thurston howell III?

Closed
    I never started The Faerie Queene because I wasn't sure I'd enjoy finishing it. I'll get to Joyce someday--as the guy from Gladiator said, "IN THIS LIFE OR THE NEXT!" But there's a pretty long line. So--chewing my arm off?

Lady Camilla Whatshername or a bear's *ss?

Closed
    Oh sorry, Bounty. Mr Howell.

Same question from me.

Blog Entries
    I've lived in a Canadian national park, on and off, for almost a decade now and I have yet to see any part of a bear. My British coworker went for a run the other day and saw (and photographed) a small black bear and a grizzly, his fourth bear sighting since being in Canada.

I choose the God damned bear.

Turning a corner while jogging and nearly running into an enormous make elk or seeing a bear about a hundred feet away?

Closed
    Both sound really dangerous. Maybe I shouldn't run at all. Yes, I feel better already.

News stories about the Royal Family or news stories about puppies being rescued from drainpipes by kids with leukemia?

Blog Entries
    I haven't had a bad experience with an elk so far, but it's definitely possible. In that instance I screamed (he reared back when I did haha, freaked him out too at least) and ran off the trail pretty fast until I was certain I was out of range.

I mean, puppies being rescued by leukemia orphans has got to be more interesting than baby George.

Two huge flies buzzing about in your room or a spider among your blankets when you want to go to sleep (you shake the blankets but don't find the spider)?

I was removing a large rock from a property once and I noticed a black widow on the rock. I was wearing a black shirt at the time too. I needed to look away from the rock a moment in order to get my bearings and when I looked back, the spider was gone. I think I took my shirt off and did a lot of shaking.

most spiders are harmless, so in this case, I go with the spider, even I don't find him.

bbq potato chips or sour cream and onion ones?