Thread: Game: This or That

Blog Entries
    I think Italy, but I haven't been to either.

Italy, Spanish or French (as a language)?
    So with the courage of a clown, or a cur, or a kite jerkin tight at it's tether

Closed
    My other niece--only 17--is speaks fluent Italian (she's currently translating for her parents as they tour Sicily), and it sure sounds cool when it rolls off her tongue. But all Romance languages are beautiful.

Okay wine or good beer?

Blog Entries
    Eh, I can take or leave either to be honest. Lets go with the wine though, I like the look of it more than beer.

Would you rather be fluent in all Germanic or all Romance languages?

Closed
    Romance languages, as long as my native tongue was still my beloved English.

Would you rather know French or Russian well enough to read literature?

Blog Entries
    Russian, especially because my French is okay (comprehension wise, I can't speak or write it) and I know Russian is much much harder to learn. That said I had to stop reading my Fleurs Du Mal because I kept reading the French side (which I can't understand, sophisticated poetry is well beyond my comprehension) and noticing how much better it sounded. Seeing the two side by side has pretty much killed any enthusiasm I had for translated poetry.

Would you prefer to introduce me, Lykren or North Star to your niece (sorry, you have to pick one)?

For a non PB specific question... Playstation1 or Nintendo64 (PB you can answer this too)
    Last edited by Clopin; 06-02-2015 at 11:57 AM.

Closed
    I'd be happy about any of you, but I know her well enough to predict her response, which would be: "Tell 'em to get in line."

No opinion about the computer games, so I'll let someone else take it

Blog Entries
    Lykren was probably the correct answer, he's a big sweetie.

Would you rather have a genuinely great personality and everyone really respects and likes you but you never get laid, or a really infantile, unpleasant personality but you have lots of sex?

Closed
    The former by far, as long as never getting laid means getting laid now and then. And after marriage it's less of an issue.

Would you prefer it if Homo sapiens turns out to have or not to have some Neanderthal DNA?

Blog Entries
    Yeh I should have phrased that so it was a harder choice.

And I don't know what it really entails, but I was under the impression that, Europeans at least, have Neanderthal DNA, or is that just theorized? I think I read that on /pol/ though, which is sort of a white supremacist board on its good days so I am really not sure.

I would prefer we have it I suppose.

Would you rather be an incurable neo nazi or an incurable ultra left wing, politically correct, bullying, male feminist with Maoist leanings?
    Last edited by Clopin; 06-02-2015 at 12:39 PM.

Closed
    Get rid of Mao, and I'd rather be left than Nazi. With Mao (or Stalin) it's six of one, half a dozen of the other.

The supposedly irrefutable proof on that keeps going back and forth. Despite the popular media proclamations from time to time, our relationship to the big dummies is an open question.

Living in ancient Sparta or living in Medieval Scandinavia?

Blog Entries
    I think you had more freedom to do your own thang in Scandinavia so I'll take that.

Nearly dying of thirst or nearly dying of blood loss?

Closed
    Nearly dying of thirst, since nearly dying of blood loss is going to make you pathologically thirsty in any case.

Drowning or falling off a skyscraper?

Blog Entries
    Skyscraper, no question.

Placed immediately (so no time to explain anything to your family or friends) in a very distressing and painful situation with a slight (around 5%) chance of coming out of it alive, or being given a guarantee that you will peacefully in your sleep in one months time.

Closed
    Not much of a choice. 5% is about what lung cancer gives you, so I'll figure both are death sentences and take the easier death.

Same question.

Blog Entries
    I'll die in my sleep, I fear pain over death anyway.

Asparagus or Zucchini?