Page 1478 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 478978137814281468147314741475147614771478147914801481 LastLast
Results 22,156 to 22,170 of 22203

Thread: Game: This or That

if you played baseball as a kid tailor, or even just had a group of friends you regularly hung out and played with, its an utterly fantastic movie. there is a lot that the movie is about, but one of the things that drives the plot is that they have hit a baseball over the fence at the sandlot, into a yard guarded by "the beast" and they have to get the ball back.

I should have given you an "in the middle" option---that's kinda where my dressing goes too.

if I put the croutons on before the dressing, they slide off! the dressing gives them something to hold them in place.

what, no garbanzo beans??

ever have raisins on a salad?

i'll drink plain water if im out and about from the occasional fountain or bottled water in the middle of working if im otherwise unprepared, but at home my water has an unpleasant mineral taste to it so I use little packets of flavoring. right now ive got a half gallon of "lemonade" and a half gallon of "blazin' blueberry" in the fridge.

reading a "page-turner" late into the night to see what happens, or putting it aside until tomorrow in order to go to sleep?

Blog Entries
    Garbanzo beans - yes, raisins - no. We have well water for home use... tastes nasty too, so we drink and cook with bottled water; bought some Mio flavorings for the occasional taste boost to bottled water since I do not drink sodas.

I would put the book aside.

Writing on paper (letters/notes/etc): Cursive or hen scratch hand printing ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

over the past large handful of years ive gotten back into letter writing as opposed to emailing, and its been both great, and a chore at the same time. I think when I first started back I wrote in cursive, but quickly found out that my printing was a bit more legible, so I overwhelmingly go with that.

returning to a country you've been to before and liked visiting, or going to a country you've not been to before?

Blog Entries
    Never been out of the Untied States of America... pray I live long enough to visit my Brother in Italy.

Music: Jefferson Airplane or Jefferson Starship or Starship ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I remember your mentioning your hope for a trip to Italy before tailor. summer is a good time to visit!

I think grace slick has one of my all time favorite voices, so the early stuff for me.

canoe or kayak?

Blog Entries
    I would be equally inept in either and have never had the privilege, even in my brief boy scout years, to try one... Tragic in the sense that the American River(s) and others are so accessible here. I have an odd tendency to calling kayaks "yackety-yak's".

Bus or train ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

there must be some place nearby then tailor where you can rent one or the other for pretty cheap. although neither require a lot of skill or any experience to enjoy yourself, id suggest a canoe as a first go.

for a large handful of miles in a large city where the subway isn't an option, the bus is okay. but for long distances, the train for sure. ive taken some trains in Europe but never partook of the famed "euro-rail" pass that if I remember rightly, pretty much allowed unlimited miles on for a limited amount of time.

having to watch a half dozen zombie musicals or giving up Roquefort blue cheese dressing for 6 months?

Blog Entries
    Plenty of places to rent, I'm sure... maybe a rafting excursion in the future on the American River... who knows. Never been on a subway in the NY sense... closest, I guess, would be the BART system in the SF Bay Area which I loved using... especially on day jaunts to SF that went under the SF Bay, and to El Cerrito Del Norte for bowling at a favorite venue of mine that also had a fine restaurant for a steak dinner with salad including garbanzo beans

lol... I do not like zombies, Sam I am, neither here nor there, nor in the ęther, nor anywhere. I don't like them in a soup, I don't like them in a chicken coop, zombies to me tain't any fun, in the dark or in the sun... I do not like zombies, Sam I am, so guess I'd have to do without my Roquefort for a time (mic drop)... slam!

Watched "Searching for Bobby Fisher" early this morning on free Pluto streaming telly station and was impressed with Ben Kingsley's character... which has almost nothing to do with this question: Gandhi or Mother Teresa ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

oh go this summer tailor. the older one gets, the less likely such wonderful things happen.

its been a long time since ive been to the city. hard to imagine going back, and maybe all the more so hard to imagine taking the subway. both have certainly deteriorated over the years.

I tried reading pride and prejudice and zombies some years ago but really couldn't get into it. however, I recently saw the movie preview and it looked lots better than my experience with the book, so I think i'll be watching that in the not too distant future.

that's a fun question, maybe the tension between changing the world, and changing my little corner of the world. slight edge to mother Teresa. ive got biographies of both, maybe i'll read one after I finish elvis Presley.

having to watch the princess bride and read watership down or giving up anything avocado for a month?
    Last edited by bounty; 06-10-2023 at 05:41 PM.

Blog Entries
    (watching the princess bride AND reading watership down) OR (giving up anything avocado for a month)... hmmm, classic double bind argument (hate those... drive me nuts)... at least the avocado is only for a month, prolly gone longer... so avocado.

Skipping rocks on a body of water or putting a penny on the railroad tracks ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

heck tailor, don't know how I missed this so many month ago...

both are fun, but the rock skipping is more enjoyable.

a book written in the 1st person or one written in the 3rd?

Blog Entries
    Prolly first... three's a crowd

Salad: Spinach or Lettuce(s)
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I like spinach, and i constantly try to grow it and mostly fail, but I like the crispy texture of lettuce better as the base for salads.

jadzia dax or ezri dax?

Blog Entries
    I prolly will continue to vacillate on this choice:

• Intellectually Ezri is the most experienced, having Jadzia's "experiences", et al, plus her own.
    • Jadzia was the original cast in DS9 and thus it's difficult to overcome the attachment to an original character, especially over several episodes/seasons
    • Ezri more the diplomat perhaps
    • Jadzia more sure of herself

This round goes to Jadzia

Buckaroo Banzai or Doc Brown ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

that was a good comparison list tailor. I was bummed when jadzia left and ive been debating the writers choices on making ezri so unsure of herself. I absolutely love though what the writers can do in their stories with a joined trill.

oddly enough, I dont think ive seen all of any of the back to the future movies but Christopher Lloyd is a hoot, so I feel okay going with him.

darth vadar or thanos?