Page 1472 of 1481 FirstFirst ... 47297213721422146214671468146914701471147214731474147514761477 ... LastLast
Results 22,066 to 22,080 of 22203

Thread: Game: This or That

I get a station in my tv package that often has music biographies on it, AXS I think. maybe i'll come across a bob Dylan one someday.

I like to watch jeopardy and every so often they'll have some category like "before and after" where one part of the answer flows into the next part of the answer and the clue is some clever description of both ends, often times the ends are fairly and comically disparate but in this case we'd end up with "who is bob Dylan Thomas?"

how does minimalism intersect with non-rhyming poetry?

its interesting how some elements of fashion are consistent with personality. I could not for the life of me see myself wearing cowboy boots. some people i could see wearing them, others not. there's also a geographical bent to some things also. cowboy boots in the south seem okay, in the north they seem weird and all the more so in the urban/suburban north.

for me and mine id take running shoes all day long---unless youre a cutie from texas and we're going out square dancing.

I cant remember the exact quote but ive heard Geraldo rivera say something like "my grandfather used so to say 'we're all Hispanic and we're only different by the kind of beans we like.'"

black beans or red beans?

Blog Entries
    I saw Bob Dylan on Netflix, possibly "An American Masters" PBS piece if my meager research holds: Bob Dylan - No Direction Home. It's a bit long, but not nearly long enough if that makes sense. Joan Baez is endearing in her recalling her prime time with Dylan.

black beans or red beans?: In a chili they are equal All y'all are invited to our chili cook-off/silent auction on the 15th April... just bring a pot of chili !

Rock duos: "The White Stripes" or "The Black Keys ?
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

Blog Entries
    re: "how does minimalism intersect with non-rhyming poetry?" - When I first answered I was thinking of end rhymes and perhaps I over-reached because of the fun of adding internal rhymes within a minimalist poem; here's a web page that may give some insights... https://wordwool.com/minimalist-poem-type/
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

if I remember this rightly---theres a big bang theory episode where Sheldon is at raj's apartment and priya offers him some chili. he asks if there is beans in it. she says yes, and he says "then its not chili." ive always wondered at that but never pursued understanding it further.

ive only ever had or made "chili" with kidney beans.

black beans for soup, on top of tortilla chips, and red beans with rice.

thank you for the link, unfortunately my super slow internet wont allow me to get to it.

id go with the black keys. little black submarines is one of my all time favorites and I really like some others by them too.

I know I have asked this recently, but I don't remember if it was here or somewhere else:

the new beatles (the red album) or the older beatles (the blue album)

Blog Entries
    re: the new beatles (the red album) or the older beatles (the blue album) - I'm a bit conflicted but lean towards "red" since their sound and the culture created were so new and unexpected.

March Madness or Spring Training ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I like baseball as a sport lots better than basketball, and spring training is the renewing part of James earl jones famous quote "baseball has marked the time..." but, even though its not too many steps below soccer hooliganism and i think we care about sports too much, i appreciate the student and alumni spirit that comes with march madness. its a larger, and seems to be, a more important cultural phenomena. so lets go with that one. heck, by way of illustrating, because i spent some time in school at Tennessee, i watched the last few minutes of, and enjoyed, their beating duke.

a zombie movie with a def leppard soundtrack or a sean connery James bond musical?

Blog Entries
    lol... good grief !

zombies (other than the rock group) - hard no (-10)
    Def Leppard - Hard Yes (+10)

musicals - no (-8)
    James Bond - yes (+9)

ergo: Sean Connery James Bond musical by a nose (+1)

Orchestral instruments - Woodwinds or string ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

and so a def leppard musical would beat a sean connery James bond zombie movie!

that's a toughie. major Winchester was my favorite character on M*A*S*H and one of the reasons was because not just his love of classical music, but also by how moved he was by it. so id be looking at which one created the most or better emotional response and I think they both can do an excellent job of that.

if im not allowed to say "tie" even though im trying somewhat badly to teach myself the recorder right now, I say slight edge to the strings---maybe in part because I really enjoyed the movie if I stay where the main character, played by chloe moretz, was a cellist, and I loved that part of the movie.

beavis & butthead or wayne & garth or ted & bill or ren & stimpy?

Blog Entries
    Def Leppard in the scheme of a musical would boggle the mind if not in a rock vein... maybe as a mini opera like Queen made Bohemian Rhapsody... but not like the Who Tommy. I could envision the Eagles lent to the Sound of Music though.

Bill & Ted... In order: Bill & Ted (10) / Wayne & Garth (9.5) / Ren & Stimpy (4) / Beavis & Butthead (2)

Ozzy Osborne in right field for the Boston Red Sox or The Red Rocker as shortstop for the Yankees ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

if the premise behind the choice is which arrangement would cause the most comedic relief, id go with ozzy Osbourne in right field for the red sox, but there's probably more balls to left (plus the big green monster), so lets shift him over there!

in the second Austin powers movie, felicity shagwell tells Austin, "...and believe me, youre gonna get the girl!"

movies where the guy "gets the girl" or movies where romance/attraction isnt a part of the story?

Blog Entries
    Lol, I haven't seen the Austin Powers movies... I'll go with "where romance/attraction isnt a part of the story".

Pizza: Stuffed crust or no ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

so in top gun: maverick, you would have liked the movie better if the Jennifer Connelly character wasn't in it?

tailor, if you are a James bond fan and like campy humor, the Austin powers movies were made just for you!

from an added taste perspective, for sure the stuffed crust. from a cost perspective--im a major thrift shopper and cost usually wins out over taste, so I have to go with the no stuffed crust.

ive been fiddling with cake mix recipes in order to get brownies instead of cake because I like brownies better. I succeeded once, partially succeeded once, and failed a couple of times.

brownies or cake?

Blog Entries
    re: Top Gun - not at all, the time line wouldn't be the same.

re: Austin Powers - nay, too over the top for me.

Not a baker here, brownies or a good chocolat cake would be a push

Escargot or Sushi ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I think I didn't follow your Jennifer Connelly answer tailor, can you try again?

waittttttttt a minute, haven't you on this very forum declared your undying love for the three stooges and confessed to having posters of them all throughout your house and are president of the larry, moe and curly fan club and have a dog named shemp? or I am confusing you with someone else?

I used to be a big fan of the reality show on cbs, survivor. I don't watch it anymore so I don't know if they still do this, but years ago they used to have the players eat all sorts of local cuisine that most people with western sensibilities would find gross. some people succeeded, others couldn't do it. I often wondered which camp I would land in. despite their being somewhat common foods, id put escargot and sushi into the "gross" category and I can only imagine eating either one of them if im on the show and im playing for a million dollars!

five books of ~200 pages each or one big whoppin' tome of a thousand pages?

Blog Entries
    Love the three stooges ! especially in the early Curly (not Curly Joe) years Don't know why AP grates on me... it just does.

Lol... had to google Jennifer Connelly.

re: five books of ~200 pages each or one big whoppin' tome of a thousand pages?... 1

Fred & Ginger or Roy & Dale ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015