Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: God and Prophets

Bonafide...Savage. Neo_Sephiroth's Avatar

God and Prophets

Word up, yo!

I would ask what is God but then I'll get, like, the typical answers. So I won't ask.

I'll start off, though, by asking...What are prophets? What is the connection between God and prophets?

Yo, yo, yo! Word up, homies!

...*Ahem*...Just feeling the groove today.
    "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums. Christ changes men, who then changes their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." ~ Ezra Taft Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Neo_Sephiroth View Post
    Word up, yo!

I would ask what is God but then I'll get, like, the typical answers. So I won't ask.

I'll start off, though, by asking...What are prophets? What is the connection between God and prophets?

Yo, yo, yo! Word up, homies!

...*Ahem*...Just feeling the groove today.
    Prophets are God's messengers - His "mouthpiece" to the world.
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

I figure that...

So, uh...Does anyone believe that there are prophets in the world today?

Word up, yo! Chicka, chicka, bound!
    Last edited by Neo_Sephiroth; 05-01-2007 at 07:39 PM. Reason: I can't help myself...I'm still feeling the groove, baby!
    "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums. Christ changes men, who then changes their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." ~ Ezra Taft Benson

Hi, how shall I start?

Moslims believe that Mohammed was the last prophet on earth, but we are waiting for Jesus to come back again to earth from heaven.

So ... I don't think they live now, only with the message of God they had teached to people, and they live now in every Mosque and every Church and every faithful heart.

if you wanna hear the religious belief just tell me
    I Love and Hate reading, you know why? Cuz my nights became sleepless when I discovered that Somethings called "books" do exist!

Quote Originally Posted by Redzeppelin View Post
    Prophets are God's messengers - His "mouthpiece" to the world.
    Quote Originally Posted by shadowy girl View Post
    Hi, how shall I start?

Moslims believe that Mohammed was the last prophet on earth, but we are waiting for Jesus to come back again to earth from heaven.

So ... I don't think they live now, only with the message of God they had teached to people, and they live now in every Mosque and every Church and every faithful heart.

if you wanna hear the religious belief just tell me
    Word, word...Man, I gotta stop saying that.

Faith, yo, can move mountains.

I figure that...

So, uh...Does anyone believe that there are prophets in the world today?

Word up, yo! Chicka, chicka, bound!
    Prophets ... today??

no

The last one is prophet Mohammad peace be upon him.. But there will be someone in the end of time, Muslims call him (Imam Mahdi ) I do not know exactly what Christians call him .. He will establish his own country built on justice and fairness.. His is the flesh and blood of Prophet Mohammad peace be upon (he is number 12, his mother is a Christian woman, her father was an Emperor of Rome (a son of Caesar)

This Imam or the savior will appear at the end of time to fill the world with justice..

Some Muslims believe that he is alive and well and God concealed his mother's pregnancy on everyone and now God has chosen to conceal him not allowing the days to affect his age so he will be less than 40 , and allow him to appear on the right time ..

Other Muslims believe that he is yet to be born when the right moment comes..
    Last edited by ashley3554; 05-01-2007 at 08:06 PM.

but we are waiting for Jesus to come back again to earth from heaven
    that is true

Quote Originally Posted by ashley3554 View Post
    Prophets ... today??

no

The last one is prophet Mohammad peace be upon him.. But there will be someone in the end of time, Muslims call him (Imam Mahdi ) I do not know exactly what Christians call him .. He will establish his own country built on justice and fairness.. His is the flesh and blood of Prophet Mohammad peace be upon (he is number 12, his mother is a Christian woman, her father was an Emperor of Rome (a son of Caesar)

This Imam or the savior will appear at the end of time to fill the world with justice..

Some Muslims believe that he is alive and well and God concealed his mother's pregnancy on everyone and now God has chosen to conceal him not allowing the days to affect his age so he will be less that 40 , and allow him to appear on the right time ..

Other Muslims believe that he is yet to be born when the right moment comes..
    Hmm...If prophets are the "mouthpiece" of God, but there are no prophets on earth today, then...Uh...What does that mean?

What's the purpose of a prophet?

Thank you ashley, wonderful adding..

ashley> Most Moslims I know believe that Imam Mahdi isn't born yet, but someday will be.

and more thing, Neo, why don't you know much about your religion??!
    Last edited by Scheherazade; 05-04-2007 at 09:42 AM. Reason: inflammatory
    I Love and Hate reading, you know why? Cuz my nights became sleepless when I discovered that Somethings called "books" do exist!

NeO said:
    " Hmm...If prophets are the "mouthpiece" of God, but there are no prophets on earth today, then...Uh...What does that mean?

What's the purpose of a prophet? "

So that wheb god askes us about what we've done in our lives after we die we can't tell him that we weren't religious, cuz his message of relogions reached every spot on earth, but seems that people hearths are like stones these days, and refuse to believe any religion at all.

Ouch!! Yo! Watch the yelling... My ears were about to explode.

I gotta go. I'll be back to chat on this thread tomorrow. Peace!

Hmm...If prophets are the "mouthpiece" of God, but there are no prophets on earth today, then...Uh...What does that mean?

What's the purpose of a prophet?
    Dear

The prophet is a human being sent to humanity with a message (certain time, certain place to a certain community in order to fix a certain problem with that community)

But a prophet is just a human being he dies at the end.. God never dies

You follow the message not the message carrier..

You worship God not his messenger

Messengers / prophets are there to show us the way and it is up to us to walk it or not ..
    Last edited by ashley3554; 05-01-2007 at 09:06 PM.

Strange, I don't think I was yelling at all!

Thank you ashley, wonderful adding..
    We moslims also think that someday will come when all the world is ruled my Moslim, and every one shall become a true Moslim or dies.

ashley> Most Moslims I know believe that Imam Mahdi isn't born yet, but someday will be.

and more thing, Neo, why don't you know much about your religion??!
    Thank you sweetie..

Yes there is a prophesy that the world will be ruled by Muslims and Jesus (al messiah) peace be upon him the son of the chaste virgin peace be upon her will be there with them and he will lead the army.. After he prays after Imam Mahdi ..

Sweetie shadowy girl, I know both sides

Dear shadowy girl poor Neo was only asking

Indeed! My dear are you a Moslim too?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast