Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

View Poll Results: I also wanted to ask, what age group are you in?

Voters
28. You may not vote on this poll
  • 13 - 19

10 35.71%
  • 20 - 29

11 39.29%
  • 30 - 39

6 21.43%
  • 40 and up ...

1 3.57%
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: The Creative Type ...

Ever Benevolent and Wise
    Any food is great if someone else cooked it for ya...

yeah, I thought the english boiled everything

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    um, ya. i have to totally support the contention that english food sucks pretty bad.
    i used to live with this guy from Manchester, and his idea of gourmet was mushy peas (pronounced Mooshay pays) which caused him to evacuate whole office buildings for days afterwards and tasted like split peas soaked in eau de old sweat sock.
    however, running a close second was his old favorite, steak and kidney pie. now i, personally am not one for organ meats (no comment), but anything that takes three hours to put together, and then has to be carefully steamed (yes, steamed) and still tastes like split peas soaked in eau de old sweat sock just does nothing for the reputation of the inhabitants of the region.
    Last edited by verybaddmom; 04-13-2004 at 11:38 PM.
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    i have never really considered myself a creative person; however, i do love to cook (with the exception of the above mentioned culinary mistakes) and once i have mastered a recipe, i usually try and put my own spin on it. a while back i worked in a bar that allowed me freedom to create and i came up with some interesting drinks that sold really well, but usually knocked out the consumer in two or less, which isnt exactly a marketing boon.

also, i love kickboxing, which i find allows me time to both express myself creatively and blow off steam, while working up a sweat. this is good as the only other time i break a sweat is, well. nevermind. on that note, i have creative outlets that are unmentionable. and this is where i sign off. blushing.
    :o
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    Originally posted by Koa
    Really??? Is she English??? My English ex-idontdaretocallhimboyfriend was impressed cos in his view I was able to cook...cos for his English mind cooking just meant take something from the freezer or from a can and put it in the microwave....
    No, my girlfriend is DEFINATLEY not English. She's American. And its true, the food in England is really gross. The pub I work at serves somthing called "Bubble and Squeek". Evidently its cabbage mash with chunks of terrifying, unidentifiable meats and veggies. Eew. I have yet to meet an English woman who can cook English food that doesn't make me want to hang myself.
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

Aaah right Kik. Now everything fell into place. For a moment I was worried that you had met the only English woman who knows the meaning of the word cook...You know, if such girl existed, her place would be in a museum! Now there are also stereotypes about Americans&Cooking, but I'm sure that there are some who don't eat only hamburgers and peanut butter...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

The majority do, however, abstain from anything they cannot deep-fry and smother in ketchup.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

Deep fried mars bars? How do they do that? (And WHY?)

Sadly ... I work, and that´s mostly it.

But sometimes - I write , paint (badly, but who cares!) , cook - right now I´m trying to learn how to cook thai food to my boyfriends delight, tend my garden, and once in a while I´m involved in live action roleplaying events. I dress up, sometimes in period costumes, and pretend I´m someone else for awhile. That is really a lot of fun.

I used to practice kenpo-karate and train selfdefense - but I´m not sure if that can be considered creative. :-).

Oh, yes - and I dance every chance I get.
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake

Okay, my turn
    I like to take pictures, haha my camera is like my baby. It's sad. It is fun to try and capture moments in the worlds history...
    I also dabble in writing, but nothing too intense. My life generally takes all my time away for that, but one day I will write a novel.

I also like to watch movies, sing very badly...
    Okay, so school and work takes away from any form of a social life, I try though. hehe

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    Originally posted by emily655321
    The majority do, however, abstain from anything they cannot deep-fry and smother in ketchup.
    My girlfriend comes from a conservative southern christian home. Her and her sister are amazing homemakers. She's going to make a damn good wife. We're talking huge three course dinners of traditional southern food (not deepfried), big chunks of meat and potatoes, fresh garden-picked veggies, homebaked bread, homemade fruit pies, everything from scratch. She also likes to expiriment with multicultural food and makes good Indian, Italian, Pastries, basically if you can give her a recipe, she can make it. If she learns how to make Kebabs, I think I'll die. Just die.
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

I'm in the 13-19 group.
    I'm into drama, on the improv team at school. We, as a whole, didn't do very well in the competition, but it certainly doesn't help that we are a new team and had only several practises. I love art. Sculpting, painting, drawing,... all that stuff.
    I'm a drummer. Been playing for almost a year, had piano for 5 years before that.
    I like talking to people I know on messenger and playing computer games.
    I'm a swimmer. I've taken Bronze Medallion, Aqua Leaders, and am currently in Bronze Cross, if that means anything to anybody. It is my goal to become a lifeguard. I was on the school swim team.
    It's probably already obvious I love to read.

Originally posted by smilley0688
    I love art. Sculpting, painting, drawing,... all that stuff.
    i just curious as to what kinds of things you like to sculpt, draw, ect.

(btw welcome to the forums )

Right now in art were working on water colors, and I'm really enjoying that. My flowers are turning out quite well if i do say so myself,... I'm going to invest in some good brushes as I start to get money.

I like to draw pretty much anything. I try to stay away from drawing things more on the cartoony side, because thats what I tend to lean towards doing. When i put time into a sketch, they turn out really well.

I dont really sculpt as much, partly because it's so messy to do at home, and partly because I have yet to find sufficient clay.

What do you like to do?

Sorry to break in on this. Did Blade get banned?

Anyhow, I don’t have a creative bone in my body but I really like stringed instruments. My wife will leave me if I bring home another ratty old guitar. I own and play badly many guitars. I also own and play badly a banjo a mandolin and a ukulele. I’ve been thinking about getting a fiddle. Maybe I just need a bigger amp. Nah.

The neat thing, I think, about the guitar is that there always something else to learn. I think that holds true for literature and philosophy as well; to one degree or another they all make life a little more worth living.
    Uhhhh...

Why would Blade be banned?? Unless it happened like, an hour ago, then no.

I love the guitar, but I'll never be able to learn it. I've tried. More ratty guitars, Sancho! And try the mandolin. Your wife can't hate a mandolin. It's been scientifically proven that it is impossible to hate the mandolin.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

I love the mandolin. Unfortunately you really need those triple flanged polyeurithane ear plugs when I play.
    Uhhhh...

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast