Thread: Complete (Horror)

Complete (Horror)

Please be aware: This short story contains strong language, gore, and violence.

Please keep in mind, I'm not so great at writing short stories.

~ Sorry if I posted this in the wrong section. If you haven't noticed, I'm still new here and getting to know this place a bit more. ~

At a small dining table, a young woman sat at the end wearing a white nightgown. Her hair was still a mess from waking at such an early time."5:35 a.m.", read the clock on the wall. She sat in a wondering state of mind, sipping coffee, as she looked over pictures laid out over the table. “I can’t believe this.”, Judith spoke with a slight whimper of pain. It was many pictures of her husband with another woman. “How could he?”, she asked herself as rage began to grow. The rings under her eyes indicated her lack of sleep. “Why David? Why did you do this to me?”, she asked herself as if she were asking the man in the pictures. “I was good to you, wasn’t I?”

An alarm, going off upstairs, brought her back to her senses. Judith forced a smile as she placed away the pictures of betrayal inside her faded and chipped brown leather purse. She began to prepare breakfast for her two young children. Judith could hear Vera and Victor arguing over who was going to get the bathroom first. “Time has passed so quickly”, thought Judith as she peered up to the clock “6:00 a.m.” She had been up for hours waiting for her cheating husband to return. The small fruit painting on the wall seemed to fade in and out from her exhaustion. “Hurry up, kids! Breakfast will be done in a few minutes!”, Judith yelled to her children. “Ok Mom!”, both answered simultaneously.

A few minutes later, the kids were on their way down the stairs. Judith sat at the end of the table with a warm smile on her face. A small tear formed in the corner of her eye as she looked at them with pride. The oldest of her two children, was Victor. A 14-year-old boy, who was always polite and kind to everyone. Vera was a little angel; 5-year-old little girl, with a heart of gold. This would be the perfect family, but fate was taking that way.

“Mommy?”, Vera said, peering into the tear swollen eyes of her mother. “Are you ok?”

“Yes, sweetheart, mommy is ok.”, She smiled and wiped the tears from her eyes.

“Daddy didn’t come home last night did he?”, Victor asked with a heartbroken look in his eyes.

“No, sweety, he had to work late again.”, She replied looking over to her purse.

“Why does he always have to work late, Mom?”, Victor asked as he sit at the table along with Vera. “He never used to work late until he got his new whore.”

“What?!”, Judith looked to Victor with a shock in her eyes, “What did you say?!”

Victor looked to his mother and repeated his sentence “I said, he never used to work this late until he got his new job.”

Judith smiled, and sipped her coffee giving no reply. The kids began to eat, and talk about what they were going to do after school. Judith though, seemed to drift off into deep thought. “Mommy?”, She heard, then feeling a small hand tug on her nightgown sleeve. She looked over to see her daughter. “The bus is here Mommy, and we have to go.” She stood smiling, then took Vera’s hand and walked with her to the front door where Victor was putting on his jacket. Two backpacks sit beside the door ready to go. Everything was perfect, for now . . . Kneeling down to kiss her daughter, Judith noticed a figure heading to the front porch. She kissed her kid’s good-bye and hugged them tightly. David stood outside the door grooming himself before he entered. “Have a great day at school, sweethearts. I will be waiting for you to get home”, Judith said with a smile.

Victor opened the door to the shock of their father standing infront of them with an innocent smile across his face. The smell of alcohol filled the area around them. Victor pushed his way by, not having a word for his father. Vera slowly fallowed her brother. The farther away she got from her father, the faster she walked to catch up.

“What in hell was that about, Judith?” David asked as he stomped into the house. “What did you tell them?” He said with a sharp tone to his voice while pulling off his jacket and throwing it onto the wall.

“I never told them anything, David.”, she spoke in a calm voice as she turned to walk away. “I want a divorce, David.” Never did Judith stop smiling.

“What in hell are you talking about?” He snapped, grabbing Judith by the arm.

Judith turned, with a smirk, as she faced her husband. “I said that I want a divorce, David!” She pulled away with a quick twist and walked into the kitchen. David had stopped in silence. In a breath of rage, he yelled out, “You ****ing *****!”, as he stormed toward her. Judith whipped around, staring into David’s dark demeaning eyes. “You don’t need me. You have your new assistant. You're new 'job', if you can call it that.”, she spoke in a sarcastic tone of voice. “What in hell are you talking about?!”, David snapped, stepping forward. Judith turned and walked quickly to her purse. “Answer me!”, David snapped again, as he stormed toward her. Judith remained calm and smiling as she picked up her purse and walked to the table. “Answer me, Goddamn it!”, he began to yell. Judith removed the pictures, and threw them at David. He managed to catch a few in his arms. “That is what I mean. I want my divorce. I don’t want to talk about it. Well . . . In your case, ***** about it. I just want my divorce and I want you out of my house away from my children!”

David looked over the pictures as anger grew inside him. “You have no right.”, he said in a calm state of voice, while looking over the pictures. “You aren’t getting anything. I’m taking MY kids. I’m not leaving MY house. However, you . . . You are getting the hell out.”, David replied with a slight laugh.

Judith replied in a sarcastic voice, “I can see it now, David . . . You take the house, and turn it into a whore house.” She laughed loudly. You’re kids? HA! You don’t even act as if they exist. I am the one who loves them and cares for them. I am the one who is always there for them. Where have you been David? Out scre.”

Judith hit the top of the sink counter and landed in the floor from David’s powerful punch. A small chunk of flesh and hair hung to the edge of the counter. “You *****!”, David screamed out as he began kicking Judith repeatedly. Her arm snapped in half with a crunch, causing the bone to pierce through the flesh. David had knocked her unconscious, and bleeding badly.

“I’ll ****ing kill you!”, David yelped as he grabbed a knife from the kitchen counter. Without a second thought, he began stabbing Judith in the back and side repeatedly . . . Blood splattered across his face bringing him to the reality of his sin. “Oh God . . . What have I done?!”, whispering to himself as fear and shock took over his body. He stood looking over Judith's body as blood poured from the wounds. David had created A river of blood in their own kitchen. “I have to get rid of the body! I have to bury it!”, David dropped the knife in the kitchen sink as he looked to the blood that had splattered onto the walls. A tear of pure fear took over his body, as the oxygen was taken from his lungs from shock. “Oh God!”

David began to wash his hands rapidly as if he were washing away his crime. Continuously, he took deep breaths to keep himself calm. "Come on old man. You can do this. Just a ****ing dead dog. It needed to be put down.", he laughed to himself. "Just a dead dog." He looked down to the body with a grin, as he turned off the water, "Maybe if you didn't stick your nose into my business, you would still be alive. We would be living out our lie as the perfect family!", he whispered to the corpse with a slight laugh. He kneeled down looking into the wide, glassed over eyes of Judith as he brushed her hair out of her face. "I see you put your make up on just for me. Shame it had to be washed off this way.", David laughed to himself from his sarcasm. "Hmm . . . Now, what to do with the dead dog? Eat it, sale it, burn it, bury it, or just let the sleeping dog lie?”, he burst out in laughter, almost falling into the puddle of blood forming around him.

"Hmm.", he began to ponder while staring into the blood circling him. "It will take hours to clean up this mess.", David spoke, in a seemingly serious manner. He stood, grabbing Judiths arms, and started to drag her through the kitchen. Her broken arm made bloody cracking noises as he pulled her to the corner of the room, and propped her up next to a small trash can.

A few hours later, the bus pulls up outside and the kids walk off with a smile, waving to their friends. Victor stopped as the bus drove away, feeling something was wrong. Vera stood staring at the house as if she had never seen it before. Victor takes Vera’s hand and whispers “Don’t let go.” They slowly walk to the front door as cold chills raced through their bodies. They came to a stop at the front door and peered through the glass, hoping to see their mother. "Mommy?", Vera whimpered as Victor released her hand to remove his backpack and placed it under a bush near the door.

He looked into Vera’s eyes as they feel with tears. “I'm scared, Victor.”, she whispers to her big brother, taking his hand in hers again. “I am too.”, he whimpered out, “Something just doesn’t feel right.” Vera tightly grips to her brother hand while wiping a tear from her eye with the other. Victor slowly opened the door and stepped inside cautiously. Chills ran through his body as Vera slowly tagged along. “Mom?”, he yells out, hoping to hear her voice. “Mom, are you home?”

David ran out infront of them drying his hands on a small light blue towel. “Hey kids!”, he spoke loudly in a cheerful voice. They jump in shock. “What happened?”, asked Vera with a whimper of fear in her voice. David looked around himself with a smile, then back to Vera. “Nothing has happened. Everything is going to be fine from now on. We are going to be a family again! Victor slowly reaches to the towel, causing David to pause as he watches his son curiously. “What is this?”, Victor asks. “What's what?”, David asks with a slight bit of unstable tone in his voice. “This . . . ”, pulling up a small red stain on the towel. “Oh that’s nothing son! I accidently cut my finger while trying to plant some flowers for your mom! God, I love that woman. She went out to the store to get some groceries for tonight.” Vera looked up to Victor with tears forming in her brokenhearted eyes. “Mom’s car is parked in the driveway.”, she whimpered.

“Are you calling me a liar?”, he dropped the towel and started tword Vera’s with psychotic look in his eyes. “Because you know, I’m not a liar.”, David whispered to his daughter. Vera hid behind her brother and started to whimper in fear. “Don’t you touch her!”, Victor yelled out staring into the eyes of his father. Coming to a stop, David looked to Victor as he stood his ground, protecting his sister. He slowly backed off and smiled as he picked up the towel. “I will see you brats . . . Oh! I mean, sweethearts at the table.” Victor and Vera watched with caution as their father walked into the kitchen whistling. He threw the towel onto his shoulder and gave a passing grin to them. The kids ran quickly upstairs.

A few moments later . . .

“He killed her. I know he did.”, Victor spoke with a whimper of pain and anger in his voice. Vera sat on her pink flowered bed, clutching to a toy bear as tears rolled down her face. “Mommy!”, she cried. Victor walked over to Vera and sat on the bed beside of her. Wrapping his arms around her. He whispered, “I’m not going to leave you sis.”, as tears began to form in his eyes. Vera hid her face in her brother’s shirt as they began to cry.

Thunder began to roll in. Vera was passed out asleep on her bed while Victor stood peering out the window to a pile of fresh dirt. No emotions were on his face. He was completely alone as he looked out onto the ground. The feeling of being helpless took over as he wiped away a tear rolling down his face. "You won't get away with this.", he whispered to himself. Slowly, it began to rain. “Kids! Its dinner time!”, David yelled, from the foot of the staircase. Victor looked to the clock feeling as if he were next on death row “7:09 p.m.” Slowly walking away from the window, thoughts raced through his mind. Thoughts of his beloved mother who never left his side. Who was always there for him. Everything . . . A small tear raced down his face as he gently shook Vera to wake her. She rolled over, wiping her eyes, “Is Mommy home yet?” Victor forced a smile, “Not yet, sis.”

“Get the **** down here right now before I come up there and drag you down here you ****ing brats!”, David yelled upstairs to them. Vera clutched to her brother and whimpered in fear, “I don’t want to go!” He gently pushed her back and looked into her eyes. “I’m not going to leave you, sis. I’m going to be right by your side.”, he said, with a smile as he took her hand, helping her out of bed. Slowly walked to the door, “What’s wrong with Daddy?”, asked Vera as she held to her brother’s hand tightly. “I don’t know, sis.”

They slowly made their way to the last step on the stair case and peered into the kitchen Their father laid out plates of what looked to be fresh cooked beef. “Come on, kids. Diner is all set up”, he said with an innocent smile and a cheerful voice. The light above the table began to flicker on and off from the storm. Victor slowly walked into the kitchen, clutching to Vera’s hand. They sat at the end of the table and watched as their father hovered over his plate with a smile. “Eat up!”, he said as he stuffed a large piece of meat into his mouth.

“I’m not hungry, Dad.”, Victor spoke up with a slight insecurity in his voice. Vera sit quietly, slumped over in her chair.

“You mean . . . ”, David drops his fork in his plate, “I just worked my *** off, fixing you kids this great meal. You’re not even going to try it?”, he spoke in a calm voice.

“No . . . I’m not feeling so good.”, Victor replied staring at the meat laying infront of him.

“What about you, Vera? You will eat it, won’t you?”, he asked while peering across the table to Vera. She never replied, but remained slumped over, looking to the food. “Vera? . . . Vera?!”, David yelled out in anger. Still, she never moved. “Fine. You know what?! Both of you, get the **** out of my sight!”, David snapped then threw his plate onto the floor. Suddenly, the power flashed brightly, than out. In anger, he slammed him hands on the table,“Get out!”, David yelled as Victor grabbed Vera’s hand and pulled her into the dark hallway, next to the staircase.

They watched in horror as their father threw the plates around and turned over the table. Both hid behind the staircase as David ripped open a small drawer. Forks and spoons crashed everywhere. He searched the floor as if he were looking for a weapon. Victor looked to Vera and slowly started to push her toward the back door at the end of the hallway. “Oh, Kids!”, David said with a laugh in his voice. “I want to play a game with you, kids. Like old times!” Victor looked back to see his father with a large knife, and a grin covering his face. Quickly, he took Vera’s hand and ran out the back door quietly. They continued running in the storm until they got to the fresh piled dirt. Thunder clashed over head as they were being drenched in rain. He looked back to the door and saw his father was not fallowing them.

Vera stood beside of her brother without an expression on her face. She had gone into shook from what she was looking at. Victor looked down, and saw the hand of his mother sticking out of the ground . . . “Mom!” he yelled out, as the thunder and lightning picked up. He began to dig into the mud and dirt using only his hands. Vera stood watching in fear, as her mother was being dug out of the ground by her brother.

Finally, Victor had completely uncovered his mother’s face. He began to cry as he clutched to her hand, “Mom! Please help us!” Vera began to cry. Fear had built up inside them both. The horror of finding their mothers body buried in their own backyard, was crushing to them both. In pure rage, Victor began to scream at the top of his lungs, and hit the ground with his fists. Vera slowly began to tung on her brothers shirt. She began to gasp and mumble out the words “L-Looook!” Pointing to their bedroom window, stood their father staring down at them. Nothing was left inside him. Anger and hate had taken over.

In this moment, sanity was a very thin line. They watched as their father disappeared from the window. Victor, still clutching to his mothers hand, looked to Vera and screamed, “Hide Vera!” She stood with tears streaming down her face. “Go! Run Vera! Hide!”, Victor continued to yell in fear trying to get his sister to go to safety. Vera gave one last look to her mothers lifeless body, then ran off into the darkness of the storm. Victor stood staring at the house, “I have to get inside to call for help.”, he thought as a cold chill ran his body. Mud dripped from his drenched clothing, as he began to tremble in fear.

He slowly started toward the back door, unknowing where his father was. Opening the door quietly, he walked inside with his with his eyes open wide. No sound was made inside the house. It felt completely empty. He walked with caution to the phone in the livingroom. The power was out and he knew he had to feel around. Slowly, he got to his knees and started into the darkness, feeling for the phone. His hand ran over the phone cord, leading him to the phone on the small end table. Victor quietly picked it up and hid beside the couch. Lightning was lighting the room with every flash. He picked up the phone receiver and heard nothing. The phone line had been cut. Quietly, he placed the phone on the floor and started to crawl through the livingroom, trying to get back to the hallway to escape.

With a flash of lightning, the room was lit infront of him. His father stood before him holding the knife drawn back. David grabbed Victor by the shirt and forced him to stand. “You little bastard!”, David yelled. A cold chill filled David as a hand was holding his arm. He turned to see his daughter standing beside of the corpse of his Judith. Releasing Victor dropping him to his knees. David began to cry out in fear, “Oh God no! You’re dead! No! No!” David pulled away and fell to the floor and tried to crawl away. He laid back against the wall looking to Vera in fear. She was holding the hand of her once-dead-mother. Victor stood from the floor, and picked up the knife. He stood giving his father a cold stare while his mother stood beside of him.

“Oh God, no! No no no no no no no!”, he screamed in fear as Judith slowly walked tword him. Large stab wounds covered her side. The gash in her head was covered with dirt. Mud was dripping from her body as she walked closer to him, releasing Vera’s hand. Vera stood smiling as she watched her mother. Water and blood leaked from Judiths back.

“We are going to be a happy family again, David.”, Judith said as she reached down and pulled David up. Her broken arm remained limp and twisted to her side. “One big happy family.”, Judith started to smile as a worm slithered out of her hair. David stared dead into Judith’s glassed over eyes. His heart was racing with fear as he screamed at the top of his lungs. Victor, out of rage, came in running and stabbed his father in the stomach. He pulled down on the knife, allowing his fathers guts to fall to the ground in a splash. Blood sprayed Victor as he stood giving a cold lifeless smile to his father. Judith began to laugh, spitting blood into David’s face, that had collected in her lungs.

Lightning lit up the room before David took his last breath. He looked to his smiling children, then to his laughing, decaying wife.

The next day . . .

“Mom? Is Dad home for good now?”, Victor asked as he was putting on his backpack.

“Yes, sweetheart, Daddy is home for good.”, Judith said with a warm smile. Make up had been placed over her decaying flesh, and the bone in her arm, reset and covered with a bandage.

“Bye, Daddy”, Vera said in the livingroom. “I will see you when I get home.” She kissed the corpse of her father propped up on the couch, and his guts stuffed back inside. His mouth and eyes still wide open. A picture of him, with the other woman, had been placed over his head inside a small silver frame . . . Judith smiled and opened her arms for her daughter as she walked toward her. “I love you, Mommy”, Vera said clutching to her mother.

Victor smiled as they started out the door, "Mom's never going to leave us again, sis." he laughed taking Vera's and walked to the bus. Judith stood in the doorway, waving to her children.
    Last edited by Cenobite; 04-15-2007 at 12:35 AM. Reason: Corrected the errors. -_-