Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast

Thread: simply sleepless

fated loafer

simply sleepless

Help, how does the sleepless find sleep? I only get 3 or 4 hours a night and I am driving my roomate crazy, but I don't have 40 bucks to go to health services. Anybody have a tried and true method?

Blog Entries
    yes, but it's miserable.
    a wet (but rung-out), cold washcloth on one's belly. i got this tip from an edgar cayce book years ago, and have tried it twice on myself, once on my boyfriend. for some unknown reason it brings exhaustion on, but it's rather gross to wake up with a lukewarm wet cloth on one's tum. i remember waking up briefly; it felt so gross and i staggered to the hamper to get rid of it.
    warm milk and honey? unless warm milk turns your tummy into a food processor complete with razor-sharp blades.
    i had a homeopathic remedy i tried one time. it contained hops and chamomile. plus, i had chamomile tea before i slept. the next morning i was so tired i felt drugged. never again!
    a weird method, but if you can manage it, dreaming before falling asleep works nicely. plus it's fun.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Aaaw I have times of sleeplessness too... which is annoying cos I'm too tired to do anything so I get bored... In the past days I've been waking up like at 4 or 5 and havent been able to fall asleep again...until later in the morning when I could, but then my neighbours started screaming/drilling/hammering... So last night I had I think 3 or 4 hours of good sleep, plus a few hours of bad sleep. I often sleep quite a lot, but not good sleep so I'm tired anyway... And chamomile has the opposite effect on me!
    The wet thingy remedy sounds a bit weird...
    Well I jut have a ****ing sleep rhtyhm, it takes me ages to fall asleep when I go to bed, and light disturbs me a lot... When I was a baby I woke up every night at 1:15 and my mum wanted to throw me out the window!!!
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Hey wow I've been censored! I don't even remember what I put there, but I dont think it was something that ended with -ing... screwed maybe?
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Blog Entries
    i can't figure out what you said either! have been trying to while reading other new posts.
    and yes, the wet thing is awful. my theory is the belly is so cold that all this blood and warmth rushes to it and knocks one out, but it's frankly gross.
    and chamomile puts me to sleep like - snaps fingers - that, so i can't use it...usually end up sleeping between 1 and 3 a.m.
    i like your idea, den. my history book was guaranteed to give me a nap last semester - once even dreamt of telling my professor that...
    shh!!!

Ever Benevolent and Wise
    amuse ... you have heard of this prank you can do to people, while they sleep, put their hand in a bowl of water? you know what happens? Well, while your wet blanket idea may work for you, I can imagine it may have some not so wanted affects for some

Blog Entries
    den, oh no (tee hee hee) - you're so right, i'd forgotten!!! lol
    shh!!!

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    Go on a 3 mile jog before going to bed, that way you exhaust yourself enough that you can fall asleep without any problem
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

fated loafer
    Hey guys,
    Thanks for the advice, I'm not so sure about the wet towel thing, it sound like a gross feeling to wake up to. But, fortunately I was able to sleep until 11 this morning, after a night of margaritas. Part of my sleeping problem is probably not solvable while living in the dorms though, but I need sleep for upcoming exam finals, I've got one on friday.
    I definetly plan to go running before bed though, that's a good idea, thanks kilted exile.
    Who censor's the posts and why? Are all posts actually read?

There's an automatic censor that eliminates offensive words (though in some cases it censors the wrong thing)

Sometimes I wish I had your problem. I think I'm a bit anemic, I can sleep for hours and hours. I once slept for 20 hours straight! My mom's the complete opposite. She takes Kava-kava (a vitamin) or drinks camomile tea. Though, when I donate blood, it seems to make me even more sleepy (I don't do that often).
    Hwæt! We Gar-Dena in geardagum,/Þeodcuninga þrum gefrunon,/hu ða æþelingas ellen fremedon!
    Oft Scyld Scefing sceaþena þreatum,/ monegum mægþum, meodosetla ofteah,/ egsode eorlas, syððan ærest wearð/ feasceaft funden; he þæs frofre gebad,/ weox under wolcnum, weorðmyndum þah,/ oðþæt him æghwylc þara ymbsittendra/ofer hronrade hyran scolde,/gomban gyldan. Þæt wæs god cyning!

I’m a bit of an insomniac myself Simon. Although, I’ve gotta say, I sleep like a baby when I’m in Canada. Something to do with that cold dry air you guys have up there.

I’ll give you the same lousy advice my Grand-pappy gave me a while back: he said, “Sancho, you got your AM beverage, and you got your PM beverage.” (meaning, of course, coffee and beer) “If you ever mix those two up – something’s going wrong in your life.”

I’ve probably broken both of those rules at one time or another.
    Uhhhh...

Right in the happy button IWilKikU's Avatar
    Waynesboro, Virginia. The beautiful Shenandoah Valley
    Sleep is for the frail and the infirm. Embrace your insomnia! Don't fight it!
    ...Also baby duck hat would be good for parties.

fated loafer
    Consider embracement successfully completed. Bring on the delirium.

Carpe Noctum.

Use your insomnia to read with, educate yourself with the new time you have as others sleep. Might as well have an advantage to your sleeplessness.
    To think is to blog is to distract is to stop is to destroy is to die is to think therefore I am not good enough

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Here's what I do to solve this problem..i burnt incense..yes that aromatic stick can be very helpfull. Certain special odor can really put you to sleep, and it's 100 safe.

I also have sleeping problem, I mean i sleep too darn much..how to cure this anyway?

Page 1 of 6 123456 LastLast