Hello all, and welcome to the new Poetry Contest thread. This is a continuation of the much loved old thread, which any interested parties can look through here: http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=17115
For any newbies, here's a list of the rules describing how this works:
1. The winner from the previous round will select a picture for the next round and set an appropriate deadline date for submissions (usually about two to three weeks has worked out well). The same person who selects the picture is also the judge for that round.
2. Participants then write a poem inspired by what they see in the picture for that round and submit the poem in a post to the thread before the deadline date.
3. Only one poem per person may be submitted for judging in each round.
4. The judge for each round is responsible for posting when the deadline has been reached and the contest is closed to any new submissions for that round. He/she is then responsible for selecting a winner in a (hopefully) timely fashion.
5. Once the judge for that round has posted the winner, then it is that winner's turn to select the new picture and act as judge for the next round. (Traditionally judges have given brief feedback to all participants in addition to selecting a winner).
6. This contest is designed for the purposes of having fun and exercising our poetry skills. The only prize offered is the pride of winning and the fun of getting to select the next picture and act as judge. The greatest reward, however, has proven to be the enjoyment of improving one's own poetry and the chance to read the really great contributions of others here. So join in, and have fun!