Thread: Essay Help

Essay Help

For my grade 12 english class I was assigned to write an essay on the heart of a novel, which I chose Huckleberry Finn. I chose to write about racism and slavery.

Now as a follow up essay I have to read any novel that has a thread to Huckleberry Finn and then have to write a comparitive essay.

Im having trouble finding a suitible novel to read. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Morgan

Quote Originally Posted by morganb10 View Post
    For my grade 12 english class I was assigned to write an essay on the heart of a novel, which I chose Huckleberry Finn. I chose to write about racism and slavery.

Now as a follow up essay I have to read any novel that has a thread to Huckleberry Finn and then have to write a comparitive essay.

Im having trouble finding a suitible novel to read. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
    Morgan
    This depends on what "thread" you wish to follow. If you wish to follow the racism thread and/or the river journey thread, then check out Heart of Darkness by Joseph Conrad. If you wish to follow the racism thread in an American author, Richard Wright's Black Boy explores racism from the black perspective. Stephen Crane's Red Badge of Courage also tells the story of a young boy coming to self-knowledge - which Huck does in his novel as well.

Good luck
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

Wink

Morgan
    Have you got the essay about Huckleberry Finn.Give me some firiends. Thanks a lot.

Smile

if you want a book about different diversity then try number stars which is about the jewish which refelcts alot about the diversity and racism against jewish another book to read would the the adventures of TomSawyer which relfects alot about teh HUck Finn.

this shouldn't be too hard for u, there are plenty of books that explore racism and slavery. just go to the library and ask someone who works there, u need to go through a few to see which one would be best for u to read, u dont want to get a book that someone told u too and b bored out of ur mind with it, that won't help ur essay at all

Biblical Allusions in Huck Finn

In my 11th grade English class the males read Huck Finn and now we are presnting to the females and I got stuck with finding a biblical allusion in story. Being an Atheist I don't really know anything about the bible. All I noticed was Moses... So can anyone help me?????????

do you know how to do the 1:3:1 format of Essay writing? Look up something in the bible...

what kind of essay help do you want?