Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: April Fool, anyone?

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Talking April Fool, anyone?

April 1st is approaching. So... Have you planned any April Fool jokes? If so, I'd like to hear your plans, and later how they turned out. Or: Have you been on the receiving end?

Let's hear your tales...

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Blog Entries
    Good thought Claes. I have not given it any thought. Perhaps I can get some ideas.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Where do I begin.....

At a previous place of employment some of the pranks played were:

Slowly over several weeks we made a guys cubicle smaller and took bets on the day he would notice

Aluminum foiled my bosses office (Similar to the pictures floating around in emails)

Found a picture of a coworker, cut out the head, blew it up to normal size, stapled it to sticks and we all walked around being "Bob". Bob's boss also created "Shut up Bob day" So if Bob started talking anybody could say "Shut up Bob" On those days we would put a circle with a line through it on our Bob heads.

Same picture we miniturized and put little bob all over the place.

Desk drawer were filled with packing popcorn

oh, semi inappropriate magazine subscriptions showed up in peoples names

I'll see if I can remember anymore, please note these were collaborative efforts and I am not an evil genius.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

I'll admit it: I am an infamous prankster: Those are two of my most successful pranks from previous years. I both cases I used our company intranet:

One year I posted an alert, saying that Dihydrogen Monoxide (Not my idea from the start, but I shamelessly nicked it ) had been detected in our facilities, and went on to explain the danger in great detail:

• Death due to accidental inhalation of DHMO, even in small quantities.
    • Prolonged exposure to solid DHMO causes severe tissue damage.
    • Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.
    • DHMO is a major component of acid rain.
    • Gaseous DHMO can cause severe burns.
    • Leads to corrosion and oxidation of many metals.
    • Contamination of electrical systems often causes short-circuits.
    • Found in biopsies of pre-cancerous tumors and lesions.
    • Given to vicious dogs involved in recent deadly attacks.

That really got people on their feet for a while. Dihydrogen Monoxide is usually known as what?

Our computer network was a bit on the slow side for a while, so I conspired with the IT people on an updated software enabling us to run dual clients to boost processing (We use thin clients instead of an ordinary PC network). The only problem would be that the dual client users would hog further resources from the other users, and that users would have to apply for dual client status because of that. We also provided some pictures and graphs to prove our point. We got some applications before the word got out, and some people complained about the further reduction in bandwidth they would be subjected to.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

weer mijn koekjestrommel Schokokeks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ClaesGefvenberg View Post
    That really got people on their feet for a while. Dihydrogen Monoxide is usually known as what?
    Common water !
    Claes, you are shameless !
    "Where mind meets matter, both should woo!"
    Currently reading:
    * Paradise Lost by John Milton

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Schokokeks View Post
    Common water !
    Correct: H20
    Claes, you are shameless !
    Correct again. Totally shameless, and enjoying it to the best of my ability

/Claes

now then ;)
    Blog Entries
    A fun little trick I played one year whilst at college, and which those of you living in dorms should be able to do quite easily.

Required:

Big roll of clear heavy duty plastic
    Supply of tacks/drawing pins

At around 3 in the morning you go around all the rooms on your floor and put a sheet of the plastic on the outside of the door, then you wait and see how many people walk into it when they get up in the morning.
    There once was a scotsman named Drew
    Who put too much wine in his stew
    He felt a bit drunk
    And fell off his bunk
    And landed smack into his shoe
    ~(C) Ms Niamh Anne King

Correct again. Totally shameless, and enjoying it to the best of my ability
    At least that's a witty joke (I mean you theoretically could dismantle it if you gave it a moment's thought ), and not one of the super nasty sort kilted has just provided an example of . I'm so glad we don't share the same dorm !
    Currently reading:

Exclamation

(I mean you theoretically could dismantle it if you gave it a moment's thought ),
    Yes, that's the way I want them: "-Awwwww, you got me", and then laugh together.

and not one of the super nasty sort kilted has just provided an example of . I'm so glad we don't share the same dorm !
    Yeah, I hear you. Mind you, I have heard about a far nastier variant of that one, where the plastic was applied over the loo. I will leave the rest to your imagination, but don't do that. I did not hear about it first hand, but apparently nobody was laughing, and all (very warm place) broke out, which I can rather understand. Not my idea of a funny joke.

/Claes

Blog Entries
    Yeah, I hear you. Mind you, I have heard about a far nastier variant of that one, where the plastic was applied over the loo. I will leave the rest to your imagination, but don't do that. I did not hear about it first hand, but apparently nobody was laughing, and all (very warm place) broke out, which I can rather understand. Not my idea of a funny joke.
    /Claes
    I'm familiar with that one, fortunately, I was on the clean side of the joke, meaning I had nothing to do with it, but was also not the one to use the toilet.
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

I'll admit it: I am an infamous prankster: Those are two of my most successful pranks from previous years. I both cases I used our company intranet:

One year I posted an alert, saying that Dihydrogen Monoxide (Not my idea from the start, but I shamelessly nicked it ) had been detected in our facilities, and went on to explain the danger in great detail:

• Excessive ingestion produces a number of unpleasant though not typically life-threatening side-effects.

/Claes
    Brilliant
    Quote Originally Posted by kilted exile View Post
    A fun little trick I played one year whilst at college, and which those of you living in dorms should be able to do quite easily.
    Required:

Big roll of clear heavy duty plastic
    Supply of tacks/drawing pins

At around 3 in the morning you go around all the rooms on your floor and put a sheet of the plastic on the outside of the door, then you wait and see how many people walk into it when they get up in the morning.
    Classic!
    penuriosus est is quisnam denies scientia

Asa Adams

Currently reading

Ethan Frome
    Portrait of an artist.....again*sigh*

Blog Entries

Our computer network was a bit on the slow side for a while, so I conspired with the IT people on an updated software enabling us to run dual clients to boost processing (We use thin clients instead of an ordinary PC network). The only problem would be that the dual client users would hog further resources from the other users, and that users would have to apply for dual client status because of that. We also provided some pictures and graphs to prove our point. We got some applications before the word got out, and some people complained about the further reduction in bandwidth they would be subjected to.

/Claes
    We remember doing that one in ninth grade. It is quite an old joke, but still good.

We have heard of solomonical wisdom in a court case about 1st April.
    Some kind of newspaper made a joke news about a well-known citizen in town on the 1st of April. The citizen felt that this kind of news was bad for his creed or whatever so he went to court about the piece of news and demanded .
    And the court decided that the newspaper must print an apology and explanation that no such thing had happened.... on the 1st of April in the following year.
    If you believe even a half of this post, you are severely mistaken.

Mind you, I have heard about a far nastier variant of that one, where the plastic was applied over the loo. I will leave the rest to your imagination, but don't do that. I did not hear about it first hand, but apparently nobody was laughing, and all (very warm place) broke out, which I can rather understand. Not my idea of a funny joke.
    Quote Originally Posted by Aimus
    I'm familiar with that one.
    Baah, that is just disgusting.
    It dawns on me that up to here I must have been living in an idyllic safety bubble - nobody I've heard of has ever done anything like that .
    And another thought: Is it telling that the pranksters among us revealing their tricks so far are all male ?
    Currently reading:

I haven`t planned anything yet but hey I have an idea
    i`ll go to school with my hand wrapped and stuff, i`ll say it`s broken then try to do sth that shocks them with it!
    I believe that imagination is stronger than knowledge -- myth is more potent than history -- dreams are more powerful than facts -- hope always triumphs over experience -- laughter is the cure for grief -- love is stronger than death. - Robert Fulghum
    Je Chante Une Chanson Sombre
    The Lady of Mine - Opinion please
    A tragedy crept to the name Bathory

Blog Entries
    You know, there is a very 'funny' joke in the netherlands that's actually not a joke. The tax returns for the year all have to be filled out before april 1st.

That's their idea of a funny joke. I find it amusing because I don't have to pay a dime, in fact I'm on the receiving end of the cash flow
    There is no darkness, there is no light, there is only Lasagne!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast