Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Just A Question

Not politically correct Pendragon's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Just A Question

Just A Question

There was this third planet from a minor star,
    Just hanging out there in the vast void of space.
    Green and blue, a spheroid somehow hanging there—
    A species that called itself “Man” the Master Race.
    It was a world of wondrous beauty; at least it was at first,
    Fresh water flowing down the purple mountains to the woodlands;
    And the great forests that supported life, and supplied the air for which we thirst;
    The land was fertile and the crops were raised to feed the roving bands.
    But man is never satisfied with a simple life, he must grow beyond his means;
    If it causes wars or destroys the planet, it’s a risk he’s willing to bequeath.
    In the last 100 years we’ve gone from the horse and buggy to beyond all human dreams—
    Ruining miles of old growth forest, and how many species are now extinct?
    And people always are blaming God, but tell me, what would you do—
    If everyone one decided to no longer believe in you?

Pendragon
    © 3/23/07

Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie
    But it's all just the way
    that we cope with our lives...

but we didnt stop believing in god
    we started believing in god.
    you have it backwards.

Blog Entries

Smile

My dear M.C. the current arguments on the Evolution VS Creationism thread which I stopped visiting because people on both sides of the issue couldn't refrain from name-calling is a reason to question if anyone believes in The Creator anymore. We have ruined this world, Stephen Hawking has stated we had better start looking for other places to colonize as we are running out of resources. People who claim Christianity seem ashamed of Christ, for the life and actions of Christ were to love God and love your neighbor, defined by Him as "anyone who needs you." People war in the name of religion, hardly surprising, since Jesus said "The time will come when he who kills you will believe he does the will of God." Atheistism is on the rise mainly because of the way church people act, not just from scientific viewpoints. We began by believing in God, yes, then if you recall, there was the flood, for man forgot God to the point that “Every imagination of man’s heart was continually evil towards God.” Now where are we? “The Nation that forgets God shall be turned into hell.” Well, this will probably lock up quickly as well, but I really believe mankind for the most part has forgotten God, and the sad part is God will never forget man. But as long as man thinks he can handle things without God, “nothing that man puts forth his hand to do will be withheld from him.”, even if he destroys himself in the process.

God bless.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

it is what it is. . . billyjack's Avatar
    every man is god. that is what has been forgotten. once forgotten, the monotheistic god was created. the only forgetting of god that has happened in the universe is man forgetting who he is.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by billyjack View Post
    every man is god. that is what has been forgotten. once forgotten, the monotheistic god was created. the only forgetting of god that has happened in the universe is man forgetting who he is.
    fantastic way of summarizing it!

Pendragon, I thought it was going to be moving speech about how man is damaging the earth. Instead it turned into some christian cult speech.

Blog Entries

Smile

Quote Originally Posted by hyperborean View Post
    fantastic way of summarizing it!

Pendragon, I thought it was going to be moving speech about how man is damaging the earth. Instead it turned into some christian cult speech.
    Hyperboren, mon ami

You get out of anything what you wish to get out of it. You look for a reason to call me a "Christian Cultist" you will find one. You look for someone who really believes we are destroying our planet ourselves; you will find that as well. You quote anyone you like; I will quote whom I wish. It may surprise you to learn that Christian churches kicked me out-- that hardly prevents me from saying Jesus was correct in His statements. Did not even Friedrich Nietzsche say "The only true Christian died on Calvary?" or words to that effect? Christian I may perhaps claim only by grace; cult I am not.

This poem was intended to bring attention to the point that while we fight over how the world came to be, it is going to hell in a hand basket around us as we continue to waste recourses on selfish nothings. Greed is making the gap between the haves and have-nots grow. Wars rage in places not over atrocities, but over what is most profitable. People starve, are mistreated, are murdered, genocides take place and no one cares. But if a profitable recourse is in danger, that's different. That is bad for the world from any standpoint, and don't anyone try to tell me it's pleasing to God.

If I say, God Bless, does that offend? Shall I curse you instead? What witness of any humanity is that, even if we should disagree?

Pen
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

Well, since society seems to be heading in the general direction of former Satanic Chruch leader Anton Levay's dictum of "Do what thou wilt" - I'd say we're well on our way to making ourselves our own gods. What evidence does society provide that this is a good thing?
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Redzeppelin View Post
    Well, since society seems to be heading in the general direction of former Satanic Chruch leader Anton Levay's dictum of "Do what thou wilt" - I'd say we're well on our way to making ourselves our own gods. What evidence does society provide that this is a good thing?
    "do what thou wilt" is not what i mean when i talk of man as god. you mistake the god i speak of for the western ideal of god: consciously controlling, all knowing, judging, condemning, with supernatural powers to do anything "he wilt". nah, that god i speak of that man is would be the one that controls without having to think about it, the one who knows that wisdom lies in knowing less, the one who judges not and condemns not, and the one not with supernatural powers, but natural powers to do what comes about naturally.

its man trying to become the god of monotheism that is leading to what Anton Levy preaches.

"do what thou wilt" is not what i mean when i talk of man as god. you mistake the god i speak of for the western ideal of god: consciously controlling, all knowing, judging, condemning, with supernatural powers to do anything "he wilt". nah, that god i speak of that man is would be the one that controls without having to think about it, the one who knows that wisdom lies in knowing less, the one who judges not and condemns not, and the one not with supernatural powers, but natural powers to do what comes about naturally.

its man trying to become the god of monotheism that is leading to what Anton Levy preaches.
    Your description of God leaves much to be desired. Have you even read the New Testament? God "controls" nothing - He gave you freewill to chose whateer path in life you wish. The "judging" and "condeming" are not His primary job - that would be extending Grace and Forgiveness to us (including you). That there will ultimately be a judgment is proof that God is just - because this world is full of evil, wrong and injustice. A God of love must be just - and without a final judgment, God cannot be just.

Second, I have a really hard time following what you say. I'm probably just slow or something - but much of what you say sounds like some sort of New Age stuff presented with such vague terminology that I really can't understand what you're talking about. The "god" you describe doesn't sound like a "god" - it just sounds like an ordinary human being.
    "I believe in Christianity as I believe that the sun has risen, not only because I see it, but because by it I see everything else." - C.S. Lewis

[QUOTE=Redzeppelin;348255]Your description of God leaves much to be desired. Have you even read the New Testament? God "controls" nothing - He gave you freewill to chose whateer path in life you wish. The "judging" and "condeming" are not His primary job - that would be extending Grace and Forgiveness to us (including you). That there will ultimately be a judgment is proof that God is just - because this world is full of evil, wrong and injustice. A God of love must be just - and without a final judgment, God cannot be just.

this god created( if you buy into creation) bad, wrong, injustice and evil. he also created good, right, and justice. the former is god's left hand. the latter is his right hand. are you saying god is righty and he condemns lefties? cause i'd put my money on god being ambidextrious.

The "god" you describe doesn't sound like a "god" - it just sounds like an ordinary human being (SAID BY RED ZEPPELIN)

exactly. that is what i was trying to say. no need to make up miraculous attributes to describe what god should be. just describe what man is!
    Last edited by billyjack; 03-26-2007 at 08:57 AM. Reason: MESSED UP THE QUOTE

Blog Entries

Exclamation

NOTICE

If you gentlemen insist on fighting, please do it on some other thread. Vitriol is one of the most destructive acids, and tongues appear to drip with it. I would have this as a discussion of the way man has destroyed the world and forgotten God in the process. What can now be done, from a realistic standpoint, to try to clean up the mess we have made? Can we continue on this pathway without it leading directly to doomsday, with the Earth ending in fire indeed, atomic fire of man's creation exploding the crust and releasing the ring of fire below, the volcanic reaction destroying everything else?

Oh, and BTW, Anton Levay borrowed that quote from Alestair Crowley, the self-proclaimed Wickedest Man in the World.
    Some of us laugh
    Some of us cry
    Some of us smoke
    Some of us lie

definition of vitriolic: adj. acerbic, acid, *****y, biting, bitter, caustic, destructrive, envenomed, malicious, sardonic, scathing, venomous, vicious, virulent, withering. Perhaps my comments might fall under this weight. Would prefer sardonic. As mentioned in previous comments; I'm neutral unless advised religiously. Can well understand your exception Pendragon. RJS

If everyone one decided to no longer believe in you?
    I must say that you summarized the whole story in few lines,what a talented person you are,Pen .

just a question, what does the "you" in this line refer to? God or human?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by miss tenderness View Post
    just a question, what does the "you" in this line refer to? God or human?
    It's probably a mortal "you". You would capitalize the "y" if it was referring to a higher power.

and yes,this is what the meaning suggests as well. Pen?

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast