Thread: Game: Ask the Person Below You

well certainly all of them, even the ones im relatively good at, but pragmatically, im going to go with gardening, and investing.

this is going to be a challenging, and interactive one, I hope someone will indulge me, im finding it fascinating:

i don't have the musical knowledge to ask this as expertly as possible but im going to try. i suspect most people, when they are listening to music, sing along, or play air drums, etc.

i find myself wondering if in any given song though, when there is so much going on at once, including the singing, and the percussion (but all the other things as well too), we shift back and forth between parts, or if we stay on one part, and which part we default too (if its something other than the singing) or if you had to pick one part, which would it be and are you good enough to stay on it? or maybe you see yourself as the conductor, instructing and cueing all the parts?

so not a specific question, but rather a general area conglomeration of them.

by way of answering, so i have some context to understand your answer, could you use john newman's "love me again (remix)" please? (if there is an ep version, go with that one) that's the tune that's got me thinking this way...i absolutely love the song and im all over the map with it!
    Last edited by bounty; 01-19-2016 at 11:05 AM.

It give good flavour.

What is the last movie that you have watched ?

i recently watched the host, a movie made from the first in a series of novels by Stephanie meyer, the twilight author. pretty intriguing at first, got a little annoying throughout, but ultimately won me over by the end. I wouldn't give it a rip-roaring endorsement, but I would recommend it to certain people.

going to put my question again.

i don't have the musical knowledge to ask this as expertly as possible but im going to try. i suspect most people, when they are listening to music, sing along, or play air drums, etc.

i find myself wondering if in any given song though, when there is so much going on at once, including the singing, and the percussion (but all the other things as well too), we shift back and forth between parts, or if we stay on one part, and which part we default too (if its something other than the singing) or if you had to pick one part, which would it be and are you good enough to stay on it? or maybe you see yourself as the conductor, instructing and cueing all the parts?

so not a specific question, but rather a general area conglomeration of them.

by way of answering, so i have some context to understand your answer, could you use john newman's "love me again (remix)" please? (if there is an ep version, go with that one) that's the tune that's got me thinking this way...i absolutely love the song and im all over the map with it!

I listened to it and it doesn't move me to sing or listen more than once. If I may use the Gladys Knight classic Midnight Train to Georgia. I sing all parts of that song. The lead, the back up, everything. Until i'm out of breath. I'm not an air guitar or air drummer, except on Shout at the Devil by Motley Crue.

Does that answer the question?

What color socks do you have on?
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    They are different shades of blue and brown stripes

Do you have any superstitions?

Deep into that darkness peering, long I stood there, wondering, fearing, doubting, dreaming dreams no mortal ever dared to dream before. ~ Edgar Allan Poe

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Locking indoor doors. (more of an eccentricity).

What day of week do you like the best?

Skol'er of Thinkery The Comedian's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Monday, followed by Friday. I like the beginnings of things.

Is there a book that you're afraid to re-read because you're worried you'll not enjoy it as much or that it won't mean as much to you as the first time that you read it? If so, what book?
    “Oh crap”
    -- Hellboy

Yes. Blindness by Jose Saramago.

good question, I'll repeat:

Is there a book that you're afraid to re-read because you're worried you'll not enjoy it as much or that it won't mean as much to you as the first time that you read it? If so, what book?

Blog Entries
    Rabbit is Rich by John Updike (and closely 2nd: catcher in the rye)

Is a life without obstacles possibly better? (I could sure use a clear path right now)

Possibly, we always tell ourselves that without obstacles the good times wouldn't seem so good but I would like to give it a try.

Is there ever a point where one should give up an lower their standards?

Blog Entries
    Anyone voting for Donald Trump has obviously given up and sunk as low as they can go.

Unless they've just bought Mein Kampf.

Would you like a newly published and annotated copy of Mein Kampf?

No thank you.

What is the last book that made you cry?

Seveneves, by Neal Stephenson.
    It only made me cry figuratively, I didn't really cry. It was a 31 hour audiobook and perhaps the worst story I have ever listened to. Who told Neal that it was okay for him to break the golden rule of writing; show, don't tell. Of the 31 hours, I would reckon 15 of those hours were dedicated to exposition. It was mind-numbing.

If you changed your name to that of any fictional character, who would it be?

Blog Entries
    Gatsby

same question

Mordred, unless he wasn't fictional. He is my sort of hero.

If, using the emerging gene editing technology, you could alter one body part, inner or outer, to your liking, which would it be and why?
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.