Page 1380 of 1381 FirstFirst ... 3808801280133013701375137613771378137913801381 LastLast
Results 20,686 to 20,700 of 20707

Thread: Game: Ask the Person Below You

bounty, I hope places have stopped saying "get out".

This is unlikely to happen to me as I eat anything that can't ask me not to, but I would leave it on the side of the plate, possibly somewhat cut up, and only claim to be chokka if forced to comment.

How much of your moral code has derived from the books you've read and how much from the life you've lived or in conversation with others?

Blog Entries
    Without reflecting too deeply:

Mostly parents and older Sister and telly... and that still small voice - 90%
    Books - 10%

What direction (N,E,S, or W; or variants NW, SE, etc. ) from where you are right now is your favorite destination ?
    Last edited by tailor STATELY; 01-07-2023 at 09:40 PM. Reason: ly
    tailor

who am I but a stitch in time
    what if I were to bare my soul
    would you see me origami

7-8-2015

thanks spike---the easiest solution is to limit the "goings in" so to speak so that there are no opportunities for the "get outs" to develop.

I could argue (to myself) that home is my favorite destination. so no compass points for that. however, in so much as I like bike riding, which would usually start on the road in front of my house, which is 296 degrees , which is wnw. that was fun. after that, the destinations vary, but god willing, always end at home.

as an inside, hopefully interesting, geographic influence often shows up in my rooting for sports teams when it comes to end of year play. if I don't otherwise care, its the north over the south, and the east over the west. but oddly enough when it comes to baseball and football, its also historically been the national league (or conference) over the American league (the upstarts!).

who is the best movie villain in your viewing history?

Blog Entries
    hmmm... Real: that dude who tortured that other dude during World War II where the other dude was an Olympic medalist interred in a prisoner camp after having survived bailing out of a damaged plane into the Pacific ocean and being adrift for quite awhile and then being "rescued" by the enemy.

Fantasy: Corvus Glaive - henchman of Thanos

Imagine you're at a nice hotel alone: Room service or restaurant ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

small piece of trivia tailor, that fellow was born in my hometown. he didn't live here long though.

what makes corvus glaive so good at being bad?

hmm, room service seems too self-indulgent, unless the timing worked out such that there was great movie on the telly at the same time. a restaurant alone seems off too---although if you get a seat where you can people-watch, maybe not so bad. between the two, unless we got the good movie, id go with the restaurant. the more likely thing for me though would be grocery store or pizza place.

in the marvel avengers stream of movies, who is your favorite character and whats the attraction?
    Last edited by bounty; 01-10-2023 at 07:42 PM.

Korg, because Taika Waititi is a very funny Kiwi. I always look forward to the conversation in the corridor whenever the boys force me to watch that movie.

(My initial reaction was Thor because Chris Hemsworth is gorgeous, but how shallow is that? )

What is your go-to movie for a mindless good time?

Blog Entries
    Mindless... that's me all the time (lol)... ahhh, can't commit to just one... pass.

Ta ! (short for tarradiddle),
    tailor
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

spike, when I was a high school kid there was a student in the school whose nickname was "korg." I wonder about its origin.

tailor, what makes corvus your favorite bad guy?

spike I suspect if thor were gorgeous and also vacuous, he wouldn't have been on your mind. so id put forth your "shallowness" is rather bolstered by some of his other redeeming qualities.

I actually watch movies with a mind towards whats the message, what they tell me and how they make me think so I pay a lot of attention to them. however, as close as I can come to answering your question, I grew up watching M*A*S*H and ive seen all the episodes multiple times, i'll still watch it, and even sometimes i'll have it on in the background like an old friend whose company you can enjoy without thinking too much about it.

watched a provocative star trek: deep space nine eposide recently. captain sisko was in an accident that gave him visions that he felt were very important. however, the damage from the accident and the experience of the visions was causing him physical harm to the point of risking his life. the doctor wanted to operate to save him, sisko said no. later in the episode he loses consciousness and the doctor thinks he is likely to die unless he has the surgery. his son, jake, not wanting to lose his father, consents to the surgery. he is saved, but the visions are lost.

was sisko right in placing "the universe" over his son's needs? was jake right in placing his own over his father's wishes?

if that's all too deep---lets go with, whats your favorite thing to eat at a state or county fair?

OK, NOW you can start worrying that I'm stalking you.

I suspect we like Star Trek and MASH for similar reasons. They both address some big issues. A Prompt to Thinking, In Short Format.

Our equivalent would be the Royal Agricultural Show, or possibly local school fetes.

I can't eat most of that stuff anymore but have very fond memories as a kid of arriving at the Show and getting a ham sandwich and a chocolate milk and watching multicoloured chickens hatch in the poultry pavilion while I ate them.

What is your most vivid happy childhood memory?

nah, and welcome back.

I had a great childhood, but I don't know that I could say I really have any vivid memories, rather just a large collection of very broad ones.

a lot of wholesome freedom with good friends that lead to fun times. id say the same thing for adolescence.

whats the weirdest food, or food combination you eat?

Blog Entries
    Nothing really anymore... the closest would be Top Ramen with 500 ml water and a generous dash of olive oil, a few dashes of curry (in addition to the flavor packet), and the addition of 2-whole (unshelled) raw eggs... then microwaved until the eggs are cooked.

Nothing on your schedule and you have time to read... what book, if you had an infinite library, is the one you choose ?
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

I have decided that when I am dementing in the nursing home I will take 20-30 of my favourite books with me and read them over and over, never realising I have read this great book before.

On that principle, to answer your question, I would start at page 1 of Patrick O'Brian's Aubrey/Maturin series and not stop until the end of book 20 1/2. That counts as 1 book, right?

Which thing makes you most glad that electricity was invented?

heck tailor, I missed that post too!

your ramen noodle mishmash sounds good.

spike youre talking about the "master and commander" stories right? there are that many?

in a very narrow to me sense, I have well-water that requires a pump to get into my house. in a pinch I could use candles for light, heat exclusively with the wood stove, walk and ride my bike everywhere, and use the outside during the winter for refrigerated foods, but having to get water from the nearby stream and boil it over an open fire sure would be a throwback to olden times I probably wouldn't welcome.

who's your favorite (or the best) onscreen cinematic romantic couple?

Blog Entries
    Agree... our 1-horse well pump not having electricity would be a pain... and it services my household and my Daughter's household too.

I can't remember the movie - a woman doctor gets into a car crash and her apartment is leased to an architect in San Francisco... just googled that sentence: "Just Like Heaven": Reese Witherspoon &
    Mark Ruffalo

You're in a mythical land and you're a mythical being... what is your favorite mode of transportation ? (interpolate into SciFi if you wish)
    tailor

would you see me origami

7-8-2015

haven't heard of that one tailor. if you were a chick though, id watch it so we could talk about it!

hmm, I love bike riding so even though I could apparently fly, run really fast, teleport, ride a beast, or take my grand time walking, im still going to want to ride my mythical bicycle!

youre going off to self exile for a year and get to take one genre of books with you when you go. which genre do you take? and is the choice related to how it is you are spending your exile?