Thread: Hello ladies and gentlemen

Hello ladies and gentlemen

Josh is the name.

I have rediscovered reading in a big way in the last couple of months and I've found literary conversation to be surprisingly hard to come by in both the internet and my "real" life. So, here I am!

My main literary tastes started with my infatuation with The Beat Generation in my teenage years which remains a core obsession. I really enjoy modernist stuff (Joyce, Woolf, TS Eliot.) I'm currently working my way though Proust, yes I am shamelessly pretentious Henry Miller however remains my main literary hero and possibly my biggest inspiration in general.

I'm 22, from Bradford a rather unglamorous city in the north of England. Music is my other obsession which defines the emotional me, my favourite writers define the intellectual/empowered me. So much comfort and inspiration have i got from books.

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Welcome Josh! Love the username.
    sounds like quite the literary interest and experience! I am certain you will enjoy the site
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice