Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Character Images

There is someone else I have developed an image of, and I don't know why I forgot because this person was the very first person to offer me a warm welcome here.

Den - I picture you as a man, thirtysomething, who enjoys embracing life. As a child you made those funny, screwed up faces when you tasted something you didn't like and probably still do. You are kind and generous.

Blog Entries
    A(z)muse seems...there are moments when I picture her as 'fat' (no offence...) I mean a big soft girl...and a very energic one! I'd give her the red hair instead, too
    Koa, I would love red hair!! If only! I peroxided it only once upon a time (horrors) to make it so: thank Goodness it grew out/I dyed it back! And I amn't big though i adore thinking about food. Perhaps am a bit of a softy. I wore combat boots for four years straight (again, once upon a time) to convince myself i had Attitude (lol ).
    Last edited by amuse; 03-06-2004 at 02:18 AM.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Grand Equal of Heaven
    Thanks so much Sindhu, that meant a lot to me! And thanks Cassandra for letting me know. Give me some time to think my own character compliments into words and I'll be right back!
    "Do I dare disturb the universe?"

- T.S. Eliot

Ever Benevolent and Wise
    Oh! and Sindhu has totally blown me away in her scope of knowledge and insight around here.

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by den
    Oh! and Sindhu has totally blown me away in her scope of knowledge and insight around here.
    Oh den ...

I just wrote in a PM to someone that Den was someone I hadn't posted about on this thread because she's someone "I wish I knew, but unfortunately, I don't". That's literally true--I find her really elusive and intriguing!
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?
    There's a pair of us, don't tell!
    They'd banish us, you know!

How dreary to be somebody!

Blog Entries
    Originally posted by Koa
    Then I think I (we?) get influenced by the location of people, cos I can't help thinking of Sindhu as an Indian-cliché woman, in an Indian-cliché building and out of the window a crowded city and a river and cows... like the pics of India I saw...
    Oh, Koa..... I have just about managed to pick myself off the floor...if I really were a little bit of an Indian cliche woman, it might at least please my poor grandfather... he is the only relative who still cherishes any hopes of me in that direcetion!
    Oh and that picture of yours needs updating urgently!...
    "crowded cities" unfortunately only too true, but the cows are fast disappearing, HAVE disappeared from the precints of my city anyway and the rivers seem to be following suit

Originally posted by Koa
    And AP- though I havent seen much of him cos I was busy lately- is to me the male version of Sindhu, just because of the name... ...[/B]
    Well I must admit the name especially the padma part led me to think on similar lines initially.....
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?

Originally posted by Sindhu
    Oh, Koa..... I have just about managed to pick myself off the floor...if I really were a little bit of an Indian cliche woman, it might at least please my poor grandfather... he is the only relative who still cherishes any hopes of me in that direcetion!
    Oh and that picture of yours needs updating urgently!...
    "crowded cities" unfortunately only too true, but the cows are fast disappearing, HAVE disappeared from the precints of my city anyway and the rivers seem to be following suit

Oh ok...but still I can't help getting that image of an Indian... (the same way noone here ever thought I was blonde, I guess ).
    As for being rebel....go on, I know how it feels!
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Grand Equal of Heaven
    Shea thinks concisely and relates her responsive thoughts on all subjects clearly and intelligently. The entire year or two I've been follwing her posts occasionally I have at every moment received the impression of her kindness and sweet nature. I have never winced at the manner with which she's written anything (but I've disagreed a few times - which is ok), and although I am agnostic in my beliefs I have a strong respect for her faith, often wishing I could find such that she demonstrates. Oh, and her knowledge of Bible verses would shame 99.9% of Christians', and is admirable in showing the thoroughness of her faith which I fail to see in most others of this religion.

Koa is a linguist extraordinaire, and I am always admiring her knowledge of the English language. The thought of her having such comprehension of a few more (except Russian - but soon!) leaves me baffled, but it gives me a few things to aim for as well!

Sindhu is one of those rare posters who have the effect of drawing people constantly back to this forum when interest lapses, especially me. She shares her knowledge with so much warmth, passion and patience in discussion that I wish I was in India so she could be my English teacher. Then again, I wish I was in India anyway.

Cassandra has brought back the vibrance and familiarity that was lost to these forums for a few dark and empty months. Her effect could be recognised immediately, and the ghost town was in business as soon as her enthusiasm for literature brought her here and drew us into her interest as a result.

AP's posts pulse with his balanced and serene personality (I said this to his face, actually), I picture him as a guru midst the city pent, like so many other posters have said. His humility that accompanies his extensive knowledge and understanding of the world will only ever result in his unconditional acceptance wherever he goes during his (I imagine) long and lonely travels through the towns and mountains.
    Last edited by Munro; 03-07-2004 at 04:42 AM.

- T.S. Eliot

Grand Equal of Heaven

Some parallels to literay figures . . .

. . . I've always imagined, and as we're talking about each other:

AP is Hermann Hesse, for his serenity

Abdo Rinbo was his own beloved Arthur Rimbaud, his life in the forums was brilliant and explosive, resulting in his "destruction"

Cassandra is Jane Austen, she's from England and the name just reminds me of an Austen character

and Sindhu is my fellow Romantic poet of her choice .
    Last edited by Munro; 03-07-2004 at 05:47 AM.

- T.S. Eliot

Blog Entries

Re: Some parallels to literay figures . . .

Originally posted by Munro

and Sindhu is my fellow Romantic poet of her choice .
    I'm nobody, who are you?
    Are you nobody too?

i am thinking ap is not man or woman, but an advanced life form brought to us from another planet.
    Last edited by psycojones; 03-08-2004 at 09:39 PM.
    life is simply complicated

Blog Entries
    ok, this is a bit late, and then i must update my humanities paper (published it to the web but have to edit it, well actually complete the thing)
    get this out of the way fast: so not sure why people here and f2f find me enigmatic.

I would SO love to meet you too, Sindhu. And thank you.
    Lara, how very (huge smile) sweet.
    Faye, what a compliment - amazing how many people do! say every and anything to me. Sometimes overwhelming but ever oh so welcome...so go for it!
    Ah Isagel, to come back as a cat...
    Shea and IWilKikU, it's funny, sometimes I do give a very firm, manly handshake when I need to keep men at a distance, lol. Wish they could forget I'm a girl!!
    Den, I do usually speak in a rather low, slightly resonant voice. (No I don't smoke.) Then again, i can also belt out announcements at garden parties like a bullhorn.
    Koa, how I wish!! I had your facility for languages. And I am a large girl trapped in a smaller girl's body, with red highlights to boot.
    Last edited by amuse; 03-15-2004 at 05:21 PM.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Originally posted by crisaor
    Isagel - I picture her as a blonde lady who always manages to say the right thing at the right time.
    Crisaor is normally ashamed of doing this kind of things in public, but despite lacking the appropiate words, he means them. [/B]
    Me blond? Saying the right things? I wish. Thank you, thank you, thank you.

Crisaor -has all the right words, but think he hasn´t. He is kind, earnest and generous and really takes interest in other people- which is rare in forums. He is one of the first people to send me letters with a lot of questions - I still haven´t answered all of them... sorry. I picture him as a curious person, who will travel far. I also picture him as a romantic person and an adventurer in the old fashioned sense - not that climbing mountain things but travelling and finding new things. He is welcome to Sweden any time.

And Sindhu - you will have me sobbing like miss Paltrow at an Oscars ceremony. Or tie my self in a not of pure delight/
    joyouss embarrassment ... there is not emoticon for this.
    Happy!
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake

Originally posted by amuse

Koa, how I wish!! I had your facility for languages. And I am a large girl trapped in a smaller girl's body, with red highlights to boot. [/B]
    LOL I'm a small one trapped in a big body instead, wanna swap?

And I really should stop showing off about languages, cos I'm nowhere near as being so good as you all picture me. (I just think that English was inside of me, like a gene... I belong to England, this I know). I just try...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

smeghead
    Including my country of birth, I've lived on three different continents, and English is the only language I speak fluently! koa, I'm totally jealous of you!
    Don't part with your illusions. When they are gone you may still exist, but you have ceased to live.
    (Mark Twain)