Thread: The Lost Peter Pan Book ;)

The Lost Peter Pan Book ;)

Sir J.M. Barrie wrote a book called: The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island. I would very much like to read this and I am sure many other Barrie fans would as well. It was a book about the adventures that he and "his boys" shared while he was alive. Sadly he only made two copies. One for the boys and one for himself. I still wonder whether these books were found and published. I have looked almost everywhere and now I ask anyone willing to answer: have you heard of this book? If so, are there any published? if so, where can I purchase it? Thanks for your help.

According to this page (approx. in the middle of the page) there only ever were two copies of this book published.
    I have a plan: attack!

The boy castaways of Black lake island (Llewellyn Davies, 1901) consists of 36 photographs and an adventure narrative. there were only 2 copies of it produced and one of them was left on a train by the boys father Arthur Llewellyn Davies

Jacqueline Rose (2009)

I imagine the book is held in a library

The only remaining copy of The Boy Castaways of Black Lake Island was Sylvia's, which appropriately enough found its way into Barrie's library after her death. It is now held by the Beinecke Rare Book and Manuscript Library at Yale University. There really isn't much of a narrative to it; it's just a series of photos with captions that imply a story behind them... presumably the story the boys and Barrie made up as they were playing that day.

You can find more info about it - and look through the pages - at http://peterphile.info/pan/The_Boy_C...ck_Lake_Island

The Boy Castaways..

You can read it online.
    It's a cute story.
    http://neverpedia.com/pan/Read:The_B...ck_Lake_Island