Brownie Bites with Magic Frosting
* . 3/4 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
* . 2/3 cup vegetable oil
* . 2 cups sugar
* . 4 eggs
* . 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
* . 1-1/4 cups all-purpose flour
* . 1 teaspoon baking powder
* . 1/2 teaspoon salt
* . 1-2/3 cups (10-oz. pkg.) REESE'S Peanut Butter Chips or 1-2/3 cups HERSHEY'S Premier White Chips, divided
1. Heat oven to 350°F. Place about 40 foil baking cups (2-inches in diameter) on cookie sheets.
2. Stir together cocoa and oil in large bowl until smooth; stir in sugar. Beat in eggs and vanilla; stir in flour, baking powder and salt. Stir in 1 cup peanut butter chips, reserving remaining 2/3 cup for frosting. Drop mixture by rounded tablespoonfuls into baking cups.
3. Bake 15 to 18 minutes or just until set and small cracks appear on surface. Remove from oven; immediately place about 6 reserved peanut butter chips on center of each brownie. Let stand several minutes to soften; swirl melted chips with knife or spatula. Garnish with pecan half, if desired. About 3 dozen brownies.
Chocolate Filled Walnut-Oatmeal Bars
* . 1 cup (2 sticks) butter or margarine, softened
* . 2 cups packed light brown sugar
* . 2 eggs
* . 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
* . 1/2 teaspoon powdered instant coffee(optional)
* . 3 cups quick-cooking rolled oats
* . 2-1/2 cups all-purpose flour
* . 1 teaspoon baking soda
* . 1/2 teaspoon salt
* . 1-1/2 cups chopped walnuts, divided
* . CHOCOLATE FILLING(recipe follows)
1. Heat oven to 350°F.
2. Beat butter and brown sugar in large bowl until well blended. Add eggs, vanilla and instant coffee, if desired; beat until fluffy. Stir together oats, flour, baking soda, salt and 1 cup walnuts; gradually stir into butter mixture with spoon. (Dough will be thick.) Set aside 2 cups dough.
3. Press remaining dough evenly onto bottom of ungreased 15-1/2x10-1/2x1-inch jelly-roll pan. Prepare CHOCOLATE FILLING; spread evenly over dough. Crumble reserved dough evenly over filling. Sprinkle with remaining 1/2 cup walnuts.
4. Bake 25 minutes or until top is golden brown (chocolate will be soft). Cool completely in pan on wire rack; cut into bars. About 4 dozen bars.
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine
2/3 cup HERSHEY'S Cocoa
1/4 cup sugar
1 can (14 oz.) sweetened condensed milk (not evaporated milk)
1-1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Melt butter in medium saucepan over low heat. Stir in cocoa and sugar. Add sweetened condensed milk; cook, stirring constantly, until smooth and thick. Remove from heat. Stir in vanilla.