Thread: Rainbow Valley

Rainbow Valley

i loved this book, though it doesn't focus on the blythe family so much as it does the meredith family, but i adored it all the same. i loved the children, each and every one of them, and their adventures, and i fell in love with walter more than ever which made his death in "rilla of ingleside" harder to bear.its a fantastic book; one of the best, and higly recommended by me

I haven't read rilla of ingleside, I haven't been able to find it.

Walter dies....?

She is too fond of books and it has addled her brainLouisa May Alcott
    However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace Acts 20:24
    It takes so little to make a child happy that it is a pity, in a world so full of sunshine and pleasant things, that there should be any wistful faces, empty hands, or lonely little hearts. Louisa May Alcott

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Hello Sk8ynat

You can read Rilla of Ingleside on the site here:
    http://www.online-literature.com/luc...lla_ingleside/

--
    Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Thank you!
    However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me- the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace Acts 20:24
    It takes so little to make a child happy that it is a pity, in a world so full of sunshine and pleasant things, that there should be any wistful faces, empty hands, or lonely little hearts. Louisa May Alcott

My Grandma has Rilla of Ingleside!
    Yay for Grandmas!!!

I LOVE Rainbow Valley!! True, it does focus more on the Blythe and Meredith children, but I find it refreshingly innocent and new.
    Even though it's the kids and their adventures which drive the story, I have to admit my favourite scenes are any that have to do with John Meredith and Rosemary West. There romance is just so cute and free from any guile.
    The language which L.M. Montgomery uses in describing situations, thoughts and scenary was also another drew for me, as it always is with any of her books.