Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Spam in Threads, Posts, and Private Messages:

yes, that's me, your friendly Moderator 💚 Logos's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Exclamation Spam in Threads, Posts, and Private Messages:

Please refrain from posting to spam topics. It draws attention to them and bumps them to the top of the forum lists which is exactly what spammers want. I know it is tempting sometimes to respond to them but the best thing to do is ignore them. Us moderators do an excellent job of keeping the boards clean and free of garbage so don't worry, spam does not linger long here

If you are so inclined, when you do see a spammy post or thread, you can click the "Report Post" icon and that sends a message to us moderators right away with a link and we can zap and ban them. This method also goes for *any* post or thread that you see that you have an issue with or question about; it is the quickest and easiest way to bring attention to it.

--

It is highly recommend that you do *not*, ever, click any links posted by an obvious spammer, or say, a one-time poster saying "CLICK THIS" or "VISIT THIS SITE" or "FREE XXX HERE".

--

If you choose to click on an attachment or link *be very careful*. They can sometimes be malicious software like spyware or a trojan virus like the Storm Worm that automatically loads onto your computer and erases your hard drive, sends out spam, etc.

--

Also, PLEASE, do not QUOTE a spammers' post, it just creates more work for mods

--

Regarding spam sent to you by Private Message (PM):

Posted by Admin on 02-06-2007:

So apparently some people are starting to spam with forum PMs.....
    If someone sends you spam via PM, please notify a moderator of it by forwarding the message. Thank you

--

Forum » Rules » FAQ » Tags » Blogs » Groups » Quizzes » e-Texts »
    📚 📚 📒 📓 📙 📘 📖 ✍🏻 📔 📒 📗 📒 📕 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚 📚

Blog Entries
    If something similar to

--->"p il l s 1 1. c o "<---

appears in your posts? You've gotten a virus or other malware on your computer. Please do a virus scan of your computer and read what's in the following link:

http://groups.google.com.na/group/Gm...89d941615e3d35

Blog Entries
    If you get a private message from someone who includes personal info like a phone number, or a solicitation of some sort, please forward it to Scher, Admin, or myself, and again, if somebody posts a link to a video or website that you are not sure of the contents of, do not click the link. Video/movie/YouTube links sent via email, on myspace, posted in forums, etc can be fake, disguising malware that can compromise your computers security. Know what you're clicking on

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    *bump*
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~