Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Evening classes for men? Am I in trouble?

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    I know my dad would need:

Cooking without the usage of nuclear arms, or at least without the kitchen looking like it had been struck by them. A demonstration on the use of the sponge and broom
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Blog Entries
    Just hold on one second, ladies!, Claes my dear fellow, might I applaude you on honesty and sharing your feelings(somewhat rough around the edges, but great work )
    Mrs Claes should look at this as constructive comunication and as an incentive to pave the way for the future, should cook you a steak dinner(medium rare, with a red wine sauce)

Someone get this man a cigar!
    A man should never be ashamed to own he has been in the wrong, which is but saying in other words that he is wise today than yesterday - Alexander Pope

Conviction that is not under-girded by LOVE makes the possessor of that conviction obnoxious and the dogma possessed becomes repulsive - Ravi Zacharias.

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by dramasnot6 View Post
    Oh my Claes, are you sure a fallout shelter will help you now? I think some emergency grovelling skills would do better...
    Grovelling? I don't know how to do that. It's hard to be humble when you are a briliant beacon of perfection but I am an accomplished growler. Does that count?
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    and a big box of choclates and maybe hide the rat poison and sharp knives....
    Actually, I'm more worried about another sharp object: It's called a thounge, and very sharp... Are band-aids edible, btw?
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    Anyone willing to bet that Claes is sleeping on the sofa tonight?
    That may happen...
    Quote Originally Posted by Idril View Post
    He'll be lucky if she lets him stay in the house
    I feel lucky...
    Quote Originally Posted by Scheherazade View Post
    Wonder if they have a dog...
    We don't, but somehow I still end up in the doghouse on occasion...
    If they did Claes would have someone to learn grovelling from but if the dog is anything like mine the chocolate would be long gone.
    Can I have the chocolate If I stay in the doghouse? About the grovelling: See my previous response, above.
    Quote Originally Posted by higley View Post
    Class 11 "how to administer first aid to oneself."
    Field trip to emergency room; active roleplay.
    It's easier to run... I know I'm faster
    Quote Originally Posted by higley View Post
    Class 12 "that tent you thought you'd never have to use? Dig it out of the garage."
    demonstration
    Don't you think it would be a little cold for her in the tent? It is winter after all, so have a heart...

Cooking without the usage of nuclear arms, or at least without the kitchen looking like it had been struck by them.
    Like I said: I am the dishwasher around here...
    Quote Originally Posted by OZEED View Post
    Mrs Claes should look at this as constructive comunication and as an incentive to pave the way for the future, should cook you a steak dinner(medium rare, with a red wine sauce)
    Good Grief, an ally at last Did you get a list too?
    Quote Originally Posted by OZEED View Post
    Someone get this man a cigar!
    Arrrgh! No, anything but that. I would settle for nice wine, as already suggested.

/Claes
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Blog Entries

Hey, Claes, whichever place you get to sleep, do keep your comp with you, and share your grief with us....
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Quote Originally Posted by ClaesGefvenberg View Post
    Actually, I'm more worried about another sharp object: It's called a thounge, and very sharp... Are band-aids edible, btw?
    Please tell me that's an alternative spelling for 'tongue', and not for 'thong'.
    Optima dies ... prima fugit

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevictim View Post
    Please tell me that's an alternative spelling for 'tongue', and not for 'thong'.
    LAMO
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Gosh, I hope so. A sharp thong is just ...criminal. Claes, if you decide on the second class, I may send my guy with you.... (and no, I shouldn't have to change it myself! )
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Blog Entries
    Class 7 “Learning how to find things – starting with looking in the right place and not turning the house upside down while screaming”.
    Open forum

- Ah, yes… How am I going to find things if you keep moving them around? I know where I put them. It’s just that they don’t stay there…
    My wife would want me to take several of those classes, but this number seven she would she would pull me by the ear and force me to attend.

What ever you happens Claes, don't under any circumstances let your wife talk to mine.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    I know my dad would need:

Cooking without the usage of nuclear arms, or at least without the kitchen looking like it had been struck by them. A demonstration on the use of the sponge and broom
    Actually my wife would want me to take this too.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

adversa virtute repello the Last 13's Avatar
    I'm going to assume that most of the guys posting here are much older than me.....so perhaps you do need the lists....but dont worry in a few years you can blame it on the senility as opposed to being lazy or tired..or blaming them for doing stuff that they feel needs to be done....sorry to say that most of your list doesn't apply to me right now...but perhaps in a few years I'll need to take a refresher course or something....
    'I'm half the man I used to be'
    cuz I'm feeling so damn faithless

when I was born everyone was happy....
    but I cried...

Blog Entries
    awesome...one of my cowrokers got a similar list from his wife, and posted a similar response, It was too funny!

but indeed...why is it always the men that need to change, I mean, how hard is it to check the status of such things as tp, toilet seats, and whether or not the windshield washer fluid in the car is full...its not like automotive responsibilities automatically default to me...er, the men.

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Inquisitive bloke ClaesGefvenberg's Avatar

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by Madhuri View Post
    Hey, Claes, whichever place you get to sleep, do keep your comp with you, and share your grief with us....
    But of course Ok, I'm out of the doghouse, edging towards the bedroom... No blunt or pointed objects around... I think I'll risk it
    Whopsie.... Ok: "that's an alternative spelling for 'tongue' "
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    What ever you happens Claes, don't under any circumstances let your wife talk to mine.
    I hear you... If we do let them discuss us, we'll never hear the end of it...
    Quote Originally Posted by the Last 13 View Post
    but dont worry in a few years you can blame it on the senility as opposed to being lazy or tired...
    Way ahead of you: I already do
    Quote Originally Posted by the Last 13 View Post
    sorry to say that most of your list doesn't apply to me right now...but perhaps in a few years
    Glad to see you're planning to join the club.

Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    awesome...one of my cowrokers got a similar list from his wife, and posted a similar response, It was too funny!
    Er... I have to admit that I didn't actually get the list from the missus (But I could have ). I just found it and decided to stir up some commotion here
    Quote Originally Posted by Stanislaw View Post
    but indeed...why is it always the men that need to change,
    Because most women think they have the right of interpretation, that's why. You know: "There are two ways of doing this: My way and the wrong way...

/Claes
    Last edited by ClaesGefvenberg; 01-15-2007 at 04:48 AM.
    Hanlon's Razor: "Never attribute to malice that which can be adequately explained by stupidity."

Sweet farewell, Good Nite
    hey you can sleep on my couch for a few days until the wife lets you back in the house! us guys have to stick together!
    "He was nauseous with regret when he saw her face again, and when, as of yore, he pleaded and begged at her knees for the joy of her being. She understood Neal; she stroked his hair; she knew he was mad."
    ---Jack Kerouac, On The Road: The Original Scroll

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Because most women think they have the right of interpretation, that's why. You know: "There are two ways of doing this: My way and the wrong way...

/Claes
    And usually we are right its all in the extra half gene
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Nightshade View Post
    And usually we are right its all in the extra half gene
    thats not so...just because sometimes we have a lapse in judgement, doesn't mean we are wrong...we just aproach problems differently...like using gasoline to start a fire...or better still alchohol spray to start a fire (its an older product from the days of carberator vehicles...meant to give the vehicle a helping hand when starting)

---------------
    Stanislaw Lem
    1921 - 2006, Rest In Peace.
    "Faith is, at one and the same time, absolutely necessary and altogether impossible"

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast