Thread: Who's your fv. character in Rilla of Ingleside

Bhadra

Who's your fv. character in Rilla of Ingleside

I've just been reading Rilla Of Ingleside, and I thought it really great. So I just want to know who's your fv. character in that book? Of course, with so many nice characters to choose from, it would be quite hard...but I thought I'd try. So,please tell me!
    (mine is Walter)

Mine's Walter too...i cried my eyes out when he died, i was in a rotten mood for the rest of the day, and i refused to read the book until the next day. i somehow knew he was going to die when i read he enlisted, to which tears actually filled my eyes. they actually burst at the words "walter was killed..." it was ever so sad. anne and gilbert used to be my favorites, but they don't play such significant roles in this book, or the book before that, so they weren't mine here.

Walter. He was such a sweetie, and his death illustrated how tragic and terrible war is. I also liked Rilla, of course. And the one who amused me most was Susan, a very real and down-to-earth character. I loved her running commentary on events during the war...

Blog Entries
    I liked almost everyone favourties include Rilla, Ken, Walter, Anne

My most favourtie was Una though.
    "When one door of happiness closes, another opens; but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one which has been opened for us." --*Helen Keller*

As stated above, there are so many great characters in this book it's hard to choose just one. I love Susan for her sarcasm, up-front honesty and sharp wit, Walter for his beautiful spirit and untouchable soul, Gertrude Oliver's hardiness and courage through seemingly insurmountable odds, and Rilla's growth from a happy-go-lucky, slightly spoiled young girl into a mature and compassionate young woman due to circumstances out of her control. My favourite romance has to be the one between her and Ken, although Gertrude and her fiance and Jem and Faith are a very close second and third.

However, the story which touched me most deeply was Dog Monday's. The loyalty, patience, spirit and unquenchable love which he shows towards his master had me in tears, especially when they are finally reunited at the end.
    Last edited by Period_Dramas97; 02-12-2012 at 12:40 AM.