Thread: Fiction II

Memories of Nuremburg... Miss Darcy's Avatar
    A pale blue dot suspended in a sunbeam...

Fiction II

There was a thread like this some time ago that eventually petered out, perhaps because the plot became so twisted that we were all loath to untangle it...but, with some bright new members around, perhaps this social...um...diversion...

But enough of this. It would probably be better just to try it out.

The concept is simple: each person contributes anything from one sentence to multiple paragraphs (I say multiple because, however tempting it might be to write for an infinite space of time, this would hardly be practical) to a fictional story.

The rules --

Use your imagination
    (...in such ways that are in accordance to the overall LitNet Code of Conduct.)

It would perhaps be interesting if we each contributed ourselves as a character at some point within the story (needs not be immediately). You may operate under a(nother) pseudonym if you so wish to.

Please write in third person, except where writing letters, diary entries, etc. within the story, or in inter-personal dialogue - this is for unity.

Settings may change.

I almost forgot! Always leave off (to be continued by somebody else) at a moment of suspense.

Well, I think that is all. Let the game begin!

[Edit: Without knowing it I posted this in General Chat instead of in the Games subforum - I am such an absent-minded professor. Well, maybe not a professor quite yet, but I certainly am absent-minded. If any of the mods would like to move this to Games they should go ahead. ]

--

Once upon a time there was a concert hall. A very large concert hall. What was incredible about it was...
    Last edited by Miss Darcy; 01-10-2007 at 06:23 AM.

After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
    -Aldous Huxley

Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    -W. A. Mozart

Non scholae, sed vitae discimus.
    Not school, but life teaches us.

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    the colorful people it attracted, and to a greater extent the colorful people who worked there. In the last few years the hall was losing it's appeal though. It's owner had suffered a terrible loss and in his grief neglected the concert hall. Little did he know what was about to occur and change.....
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Memories of Nuremburg... Miss Darcy's Avatar
    A pale blue dot suspended in a sunbeam...
    ...the whole identity of the concert hall. It was...

After silence, that which comes closest to expressing the inexpressible is music.
    -Aldous Huxley

Love, love, love, that is the soul of genius.
    -W. A. Mozart

Non scholae, sed vitae discimus.
    Not school, but life teaches us.

Blog Entries
    on a whim that he returned and saw a sight that made him nearly faint. The faces of the people were pallid, their bodies were...