A free gift, it is unheard of. No one gives away something for nothing these days. There always seems to be a catch. This is our current thought process today, even in this season of giving. The actions of deceivers have cast a shadow over those of noble intention. Even when we cannot see a clearly defined scheme, we believe in our hearts that it is there. Is this because as a society we have become people that look out for our sole interest? Have we become so depraved we cannot decipher honesty, truth and love?

We acquired this way of thinking based on society’s current trends. Only a fool or a very naïve person would allow someone to rob them twice. How many of us would take home a gangster and love him as equally as much as our own children, especially if he had on occasion placed a knife at our throat and robbed us? If by some miracle your life was spared, would you not do whatever you could to get such a menace taken off the street?

On any given day do we regularly think about people who make it their life long career to rob and steal? Yet I could say we have become a cautious people. Consider the ratio of such people in comparison to those that are honest? Which group out number which? Do we care? Or are we allowing the minority to influence the way we look at things as a whole? I would like to hold fast to the belief that we are not going to allow our thought process to be formed by the actions of a few. As the most advanced civilization we should ask questions and seek to find truth. This holds true even for the holidays we celebrate. Why should we take on the mob mentality? I’d say question the reason behind the things we celebrate as a world. Not because the masses choose to go along with it, you should too.

The majority of the world will be celebrating the birth of a child that was born to give us life, but what percentage of those celebrating his birth knows this? How many of us seek to know the real reason behind the celebration of Christmas? We are taught that the giving of gifts symbolizes the gifts given Jesus by the wise men, but are we aware that it goes beyond that? The baby whose birth we will be celebrating was a sacrificial gift given to man by God. Unlike a gangster, God will never hold us captive or force us to accept his gift of life. He wants us to freely choose to have life, the choice is ours. All we have to do is believe and accept this gift, or choose to die in our ignorance.

Personally I prefer to live believing that there is a God and later find out there is not one as opposed to not believe only to die and find out there really is one. Choose to open your gift this Christmas season. It is too good to be true, but it is truth and it is yours for the taking.