Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Just Thought Some Might Like to Know

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries

Just Thought Some Might Like to Know

The new Harry Potter book (book seven) is going to be called:

Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows

Found out on Yahoo news and on her website.
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Here is the BBC's article on this:
    Title of Harry Potter 7 revealed

JK Rowling has amassed a £540m fortune from writing
    Author JK Rowling has revealed the title of the seventh and final Harry Potter book. It will be called Harry Potter and the Deathly Hallows. The announcement was made on the writer's official website.

Despite the publication date not being known, the book is tipped to be a big seller, like the rest in the series.

Speculation about the plot has surrounded the book after Rowling admitted two characters will die - some think it could be Harry Potter himself.

Harry, 13, from Leicestershire emailed BBC Newsround and said: "It sounds interesting, but a bit sinister."

Book chain Waterstone's children's buyer, Sam Harrison, said the announcement had been greeted with "huge excitement" among Potter fans.

"This is a wonderfully intriguing and ominous title, with all the sense of magic and adventure that any true Potter fan has come to love and expect," Harrison added.

I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more

JK Rowling

The last book, Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince, broke UK records by shifting just over two million copies on its first day of release.

Sales of all Harry Potter titles now total more than 52 million worldwide.

This week Rowling revealed how she has gone back to writing in cafes - as she did 13 years ago when starting to write about the boy wizard.

She has also admitted how she has been dreaming of the character.

Writing on her website she described it as an "epic dream" where she was Harry and the narrator simultaneously.

In a recent web posting, she said she has been working hard on the last book.

"I'm now writing scenes that have been planned, in some cases, for a dozen years or even more," she said.

She also described feeling "alternately elated and overwrought" at writing it and joked she cannot decide if she wants to finish it or not.

The first four novels in the series have been turned into films, while the fifth, Harry Potter and the Order of the Phoenix, is currently in production and is due for release in July 2007.

Helena Bonham Carter joins the cast as the evil Bellatrix Lestrange and Imelda Staunton will play the part of dark arts teacher Dolores Umbridge.
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/entertainment/6200745.stm
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

behind the sky on the other side of the rain
    The 2 characters who will die are probably Harry Potter and Voldemort...in a sort of face-off scene...LOL...who knows...

by the way....what are "Hallows"???
    "Deep in the fundamental heart of mind and universe...there is a reason."

- Douglas Adams

Quote Originally Posted by malwethien View Post
    The 2 characters who will die are probably Harry Potter and Voldemort...in a sort of face-off scene...LOL...who knows...

by the way....what are "Hallows"???
    I have checked out in the dictionary. It defines "Hallow" as "make holy" or "consecrate". Consecrate on the other hand means devoted to some purpose. Well, so maybe, Harry is going to fight Voldemort and make him vanish, on the other hand die himself and become holy? Well, this is a stupid theory, but here it is.

On the other hand, it can refer to Holloween. Or maybe "Hallows" are some kind of creatures. In the magical world of Harry Potter, you can come across a lot of magical things with a variety of names...
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

rat in a strange garret Whifflingpin's Avatar
    Generally, hallows are holy places including churchyards.

Hallows, as in Halloween, are holy people, i.e. saints. Halloween = Hallows' Even = the Eve of All Hallows = the day before All Saints' Day.
    Voices mysterious far and near,
    Sound of the wind and sound of the sea,
    Are calling and whispering in my ear,
    Whifflingpin! Why stayest thou here?

This is quite exciting
    Hopefully this means the book is well on its way to being released.
    Oh what a happy and miserable time that will be...
    I am quite interested in finding out how the title fits in with the plot. The title doesn't seem to fit the style of the other titles.
    Although I thought that about Half-Blood Prince too, and now I think its wonderful,heh.

If grace is an ocean... grace86's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Grr, Pensy now you have me thinking on what "hallows" means. I am so excited for it, but I will be upset when two characters die - I got so angry when the others have died.

Now she doesn't want to finish the seventh book, somehow I strangely understand that...I don't want to finish reading the series cuz it will be over, but then, I want to find out what happens.
    "So heaven meets earth like a sloppy wet kiss, and my heart turns violently inside of my chest, I don't have time to maintain these regrets, when I think about, the way....He loves us..."

http://youtube.com/watch?v=5xXowT4eJjY

Quote Originally Posted by grace86 View Post
    Now she doesn't want to finish the seventh book, somehow I strangely understand that...I don't want to finish reading the series cuz it will be over, but then, I want to find out what happens.
    Oh it is just like me. I want Harry Potter and the Deathly Hollows to be of more than 2000 pages! Great expectations heh.
    Last edited by Pensive; 12-23-2006 at 03:47 AM.

weer mijn koekjestrommel Schokokeks's Avatar
    Oh, the seventh already ? Now that my students and me will be starting on the sixth in January, we might finish it just in time to embark on the seventh .
    By the way, I have started reading the sixth, and so far - thanks to your great summaries of the previous books ! - I can follow the plot very easily.

Oh, I have one more question, though. I watched the first movie with my younger cousin some time ago, and remember that I found the Gryffindor Quidditch (forgive my spelling) captain (can't recall his name) very dashing But so far he hasn't reappeared Where has he gone ?
    "Where mind meets matter, both should woo!"
    Currently reading:
    * Paradise Lost by John Milton

Albano Laziale, Italy / Pennsylvania, USA
    Blog Entries
    umm . . . by the sixth book . . . . i think he graduated Hogwarts.
    No day but today

-God is real, unless proclaimed integer-

Quote Originally Posted by mir View Post
    umm . . . by the sixth book . . . . i think he graduated Hogwarts.
    Yes, and in the fifth part, Harry himself became the Quidditch captain.

Quote Originally Posted by Schokokeks View Post
    Oh, I have one more question, though. I watched the first movie with my younger cousin some time ago, and remember that I found the Gryffindor Quidditch (forgive my spelling) captain (can't recall his name) very dashing But so far he hasn't reappeared Where has he gone ?
    Haha. Same sentiments I had. During Harry's first year at Hogwarts, the Gryffindor Quidditch Captain was Oliver Wood (played by Sean Biggerstaff) and then Wood graduated on his Harry's fifth year. Quidditch wasn't played during Harry's fourth year due to the Triwizard Tournament. And then the next year, Harry was appointed the Captain of his team.

Oh, I just looove Harry Potter!
    "You have enemies? Good. That means you’ve stood up for something, sometime in your life."

To go wrong in one's own way is better than to go right in someone else's" - Dostoevksy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Schokokeks View Post
    Oh, the seventh already ? Now that my students and me will be starting on the sixth in January, we might finish it just in time to embark on the seventh .
    By the way, I have started reading the sixth, and so far - thanks to your great summaries of the previous books ! - I can follow the plot very easily.

yes i agree he is a rather 'dashing' scot.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

so because harry graduated does that mean that the books are now going to be about finding the umm, i can not remember what you call them but the things that hold your life and destroying voldemort?
    Sickness and healing are in every heart; death and deliverance in every hand.- Orson Scott Card

Quote Originally Posted by Conn View Post
    so because harry graduated does that mean that the books are now going to be about finding the umm, i can not remember what you call them but the things that hold your life and destroying voldemort?
    Of course, he has to destroy all horcruxes in order to survive and live a happy life.

You remember what the prophecy said?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast