Thread: Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you believe in ghosts?

Do you think the Phantom of the Opera truly exists/existed? I do...
    I know this sounds crazy, but I just do believe.

yes, i do believe there was a phantom ghost haunting the paris opera house, i think they called it the opera populair,( excuse spelling) a lot of phantom phans believe in this too.. who knows.......he may still be haunting, hope he looks like gerry butler.......

hmm...yes.

I very much doubt he would look like Mr. Butler.

As for the existence of a ghost? In the old Paris opera house, yes. Of course. There are ghosts in the paintings (which are incredible); they haunt you with an eerieness I haven't felt elsewhere. A bit dark but certainly beautiful. (that building is one of my favorites)

And for your fictional character... when I was there last year and suggested what everyone was thinking--asking a question about Leroux's novel, the tour guide shut me up real fast. Too fast... . Surprising considering that the book was written when? 1911?

Do I believe in the legendary opera ghost?

Yes, I absolutely do.. Although you may believe that I only say this because of my Phantom ubsession, that is completely wrong. I have done my research, and in sooth, the entire story is plausable. I have found pictures of the Vicompte Raoul DeChagney, the forbidden underground lake, and an opera singer by the name of Christine Nilsson, who was not only both french and swedish like Christine Daae, but also had performed in the Théâtre Lyrique (the paris opera house). Coincidence? I think not. And further more, Gaston Leroux had even said that his story, although impossible to explain using science, was indeed, not fictional. Therefore, i myself choose to embrace the legend of the opera ghost, and if anyone tells me otherwise, you can research my list of facts. Thank you for your time.

Sincerely, LP

POTO Phan
    Ghosts in general, I'm not sure. The Opera Ghost, Erik, the Phantom, whatever you want to call him, yes, totally. He may still be haunting the Opera House today!
    P.G.7.
    Totally Obsessed Phantom Phan!

I am also a fan of: Lion King, High School Musical, Harry Potter, Disney in general, Days of Our Lives, Musicals in general, Dr. Seuss and Grinch!

Banned
    No, I don't believe in ghosts despite having a friend who lives in one of the most famous of America's haunted houses, and despite having lived in a house with a poltergeist myself. I feel there has to be some logical explanation that doesn't include the paranormal.

I believe in an afterlife, but I don't believe in the "traditionally held" one in the US.

Blog Entries

ydfkdy

I do believe in ghosts. For those who don't open ur minds and eyes there is a whole other demention out their and ur missing it.

On an insignificant planet circling a tiny star named 'Sol'.
    I don't htink it's fact. Based on factual places and events, but I don't htink Erik actually existed, no. It's fiction. Leroux presented it as fact to stay in character. He wrote fiction.

I do believe in ghosts- but not Erik. He wasn't actually a ghost in the book, either, that was just his label. He was flesh and blood.
    And every time I wonder where the world went wrong,
    End up lying on my face going ringy dingy ding dong

And every time I wonder if the world is right,
    End up in some disco dancin all night & day.

I dont believe in ghosts but I love to visit haunted house and this excietement made me buy my own last month. I got it insured from http://www.inproagent.com/haunted.asp . These guys have programs specifically for Themed or Haunted Attractions and their unique insurance needs