Buying through this banner helps support the forum!

Thread: Ads on LitNet

Blog Entries

Ads on LitNet

This is a question for the people in charge here:

There are always ads on this site, or at least links to other intertnet sites. For example, as I post here, it says "Who's your Soul Mate? and there is a link to the site LoveSoulMate.

When I log on to LitNet and start reading threads there are links above to various sites and it seems like sometimes the sites that are posted here are directly related to subject matter I might have posted in threads.

I noticed when I was posting the Smoking and Drinking thread, which has dropped to the bottom of the list in General Chat, there were links to related sites at the top of the page

Just an observation. Do we have a lot of members as compared to other forums? I come here just because I really enjoy it and I have a literature background (sort of).
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Blog Entries
    This forum has lots more members than another I belong to, and less than another still. Actually it's just right. The one with less feels at times like a morgue (but I still like because there are several friends there whose company I enjoy) and the other is so large that I no longer go to because I can't connect with anyone. This seems just right to build friendships and keep things happening.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    This forum has lots more members than another I belong to, and less than another still. Actually it's just right. The one with less feels at times like a morgue (but I still like because there are several friends there whose company I enjoy) and the other is so large that I no longer go to because I can't connect with anyone. This seems just right to build friendships and keep things happening.
    Very true, this is the first forum where I've been able to make real acquaintances and friends where there are jokes that everyone on the Lit-Net will know, where I don't feel weird PMing somebody for no reason at all. On others you don't recognize people, and they don't recognize you and really those are sometimes good for information and such but there is no emotional/social investment as I've found to be true on the Lit-Net.
    "Americans should know the universe itself as a road, as many roads, as roads for traveling souls."
    -Walt Whitman
    They have their worries, they’re counting the miles, they’re thinking about where to sleep tonight, how much money for gas, the weather, how they’ll get there—and all the time they’ll get there anyway, you see.
    -Jack Kerouac

Banned
    Blog Entries
    Ads are the ones who enable us to enjoy this forum for free. . Don't mean to say I like them though.

Blog Entries
    I wasn't really complaining about the ads so much as I was observing their presence and wondering how they seemed to go along with the subject matter in the threads so well. I was wondering what technology enables that. It's odd, because there was a link to some site in my hometown and I am not sure i ever posted that here! Is Big Brother watching? (sorry I get paranoid sometimes).

But, yes, I realize that the ads make LitNet possible. My dad actually started a forum site a few years ago and he gets posts ads on it from people around town. I don't participate in his because it's his thing (I did contribute a graphic though )
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Um yes big brother is watching big brother is always watching!
    Im actually studying it at uni and I tell you what if you think about it makes you want to crawl into some eltrnic/techno free zone and stay there forever , except as I said in class ther is no way Im giving up the forum and such so people are constatly spying on me, and privacy doesnt technoloy exsist in english law, but Im ok right?
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading