Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 51 of 477 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

I watched Roman Holiday. I liked it a lot. It was very funny, interesting and light. I will give it 10/10.
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

I watched Erin Brockavitch, whatever the spelling is. Albert Finney is superb and even Erin herself said Julia did a stellar job with her true character.
    I love David winning against Goliath. great. four out of five sparkly stars.

As I said I would above, I went to see Caché today. I agree with most of what atiguhya padma said about it. It is quite slow paced, but with a couple of genuinely shocking scenes. You are still not really sure what was going on at the end, but are left with a lot of ideas, theories and questions. The dialogues are very real and well written; the characterisation thorough; the camera work uncluttered.

I think I am going to need to see this film again. The DVD is on my shopping list.

I'm a shadow of myself adilyoussef's Avatar
    The Transporter II. Even my magination could not conceive it. 5/10 to be nice.

Oh! life you'r but hell
    Oh! hell you'r but in me
    When I'v lost your love
    I'm lost in an ocean of destiny

Talking

The Sound Of Music - It is one of the best movies that I have ever seen. It was really nice. I enjoyed it a lot.

I will give it 11/10

Titus - It was pretty good, very surreal. The only part I had a problem with was that the guy who played Saturnine was the same guy or a very good look alike to the guy that played the MC in Cabaret, and every time I saw him I was expecting him to break into song. But that might have been the intention...

8/10
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

He was the same actor (Alan Cumming). But I don't think that was the idea - not in the film I saw anyway.
    Last edited by Xamonas Chegwe; 02-07-2006 at 08:12 PM.

hmmm, he had that "cabaretesque" feel if you ask me - that huge chair, the orgies.....
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    The Chronicles of Narnia.
    I loved the White Witch; though I kept thinking of the Borg Queen from Star Trek.
    I think they did a wonderful job of one of my favorite childhood books. However, Aslan was a little bit too much of a pussycat.

9.5/10
    "Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house, they are company and don't let me catch you remarking on their ways like you were so high and mighty."

Quote Originally Posted by Riesa
    The Chronicles of Narnia.
    I loved the White Witch; though I kept thinking of the Borg Queen from Star Trek.
    I think they did a wonderful job of one of my favorite childhood books. However, Aslan was a little bit too much of a pussycat.

9.5/10
    Wow, Riesa, 9.5/10 is a pretty high score.

I am infuriated by this film because rather than correct the general public in thinking that The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is the first book, they enforced it! Why on earth didn't they do The Magician's Nephew first? It's a good book!

I didn't like the film. I think this is because my imagination was in overdrive while I read these books, and although they did, in fairness, do well, it's just too different from the way I saw things in my head. I read them fairly recently. I think I'll give myself a few years to forget the books; then I can give the film an honest go.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Quote Originally Posted by Hazel-Ra

I didn't like the film. I think this is because my imagination was in overdrive while I read these books, and although they did, in fairness, do well, it's just too different from the way I saw things in my head. I read them fairly recently. I think I'll give myself a few years to forget the books; then I can give the film an honest go.
    That happens a lot huh..Lik in Lord of the ring,Harry potter...& now Chroncles of Narnia.<sigh>
    Actualli I didnt get to read the book but Im definitely plannin on readin it.starting with The magicians nephew.

the last movies I watched was Wicker Park.I thnk it was ok..I mean I alwaz get emotional watching movies lik tht but there were many othre movies tht affected me more Maybe a 5...

I love the way the what if's are portraued though.it really makes you wonder how much you are missing out by makin simpl decisions.Each decision is a life changer..Each second has a significance.....
    I am a part of all that I have met.

Yep, I agree it is a high score but not higher than 11/10 which I gave to The Sound Of Music.
    Last edited by Pensive; 02-08-2006 at 12:07 PM.

Blog Entries

I am infuriated by this film because rather than correct the general public in thinking that The Lion, The Witch and The Wardrobe is the first book, they enforced it! Why on earth didn't they do The Magician's Nephew first? It's a good book!

Hey Hazel, In the states, or at least ever since I've read the series, many, many,many, long years ago, The Lion, W&the W, was always the first book, here they have only recently changed it to The Magician's Nephew. When I used to loan out my series, I'd always give them The M. N. first. I think that the L.W.W. is more action packed, draw in a larger audience from the get-go.
    I read LWW seven years ago, and I just recently re-read the Horse and His Boy.
    I felt that way about H.P. when the movie came out the book was still too fresh for me to really enjoy it.
    Now, I like it better.
    P.S. Have you ever listened to album 'the best of Lou Reed'?
    "Don't matter who they are, anybody sets foot in this house, they are company and don't let me catch you remarking on their ways like you were so high and mighty."

I loved the Magician's Nephew. I can't imagine there being different beginning to the series. It explains how narnia was made, and introduces the series so well.

I haven't listened to his best of, no. I didn't know he had one! I actually prefer listening to studio albums rather than best of's. I find when I get into artist's studio albums I never listen to the best of again, and it seems like a waste of money.
    Last edited by Hazel-Ra; 02-08-2006 at 12:40 PM.
    Hanging on in quiet desperation is the English way

Blog Entries
    I haven't listened to his best of, no. I didn't know he had one! I actually prefer listening to studio albums rather than best of's. I find when I get into artist's studio albums I never listen to the best of again, and it seems like a waste of money.
    I actually meant 'the best of Leonard Cohen', Lou Reed is on the brain today.
    It's so perfect, though I know what you mean about other 'best of' compilations.
    Sorry this is off topic, everyone.