Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 478 FirstFirst 123456789101555105 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Quote Originally Posted by emily655321
    Has anyone seen the Cabinet of Dr. Caligari?
    That's a film that stands the test of time reasonably well. Out of all the German Expressionist films, however, I'll take M every time.

Just saw Shrek 2. Cute. Not as good as the first; I give it a 6. If it wasn't for Puss in Boots and the way Banderas plays the character, I'd drop it a point or more.

I dont usually post here cos I'm not a big movie-watcher, even if in some periods, like now, I seem to catch up...

Last night my teenage brother persuaded me to watch with him this horror film parody called Shriek if I'm not wrong...Ok I knew it was going to be crap, but if the marks are from 1 to 10...I give it 0 anyway!!! It was so bad that even my brother said it was worse than he remembered, which I guess means that noone over the age of 13 can enjoy that...
    Btw, are American schools like those you see in films? Large 'passages', big garden with grass, big sport playground, 'cupboards' for every student...etc etc? (I'm sure you know what I mean, think of any movie/tv serie involving a school...)
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Quote Originally Posted by ravana
    "Pretty woman" Of course - 10
    It's really cool. I enjoyed it again..... It reminded me my school years and my sister..........
    I like Julia Roberts.
    oopsie...can't help commenting...I hate Julia Roberts, every single one of their films irritates me so much... pretty woman is the only one I can bear, but it's not too great either...
    Like being cute, having a huge smile and be soooo romaaaantic could take anywhere. Might be one of my male sides

I hate all romantic films except Gone With The Wind... I might watch it again soon (and of course cry at the end. Now Im female again )
    Last edited by Koa; 07-13-2004 at 10:54 AM.

I just found this one http://intuitor.com/moviephysics/index.html Simply marvelous, especially the reviews afterwards.
    There is no point in being nuts when you can't have fun. Nash "A beautiful mind"

Darkness Falls - Classic hokey Scary movie, the lead actors voice was to crackley. I'd give it a 5.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Koa -- schools in movies are generally similar to real schools (kids have their own locker, the halls are wide-ish, there's a football field and a baseball field and sometimes a tennis court -- at least at my school), but not nearly as ritzy as they are in movies. People always make fun of how rich everyone is in movies -- how everyone drives to school in a brand new car, everything is really clean, etc.
    If you had to live with this you'd rather lie than fall.
    You think I can't fly? Well, you just watch me!

~The Dresden Dolls

ah ok, i was wondering about that too infact...

I must really be in movie-phase...

Just saw '4 weddings and a funeral', I found many little things to relate with and be depressed about, but in its silliness (I mean, the end is obvious) it was quite entertaining so I can give it a good 7.

King of Plastic Spoons imthefoolonthehill's Avatar
    Johnny English B very entertaining and funny... extra points for the doctors office scene
    Told by a fool, signifying nothing.

Me and my boyfriend watched a couple ofmovies on our week vacation, but the last one was "Big Fish"
    I had seen it before, and thought it was good. He on the other hand loved it and cried. It was kind of cute, but I will give his rating: a 10

Oh, that's so nice. I've never seen a guy cry at a movie.

I want to see Napoleon Dynamite so much, but I can't find any local theater where it's playing. I've heard that the writing is often forced and unoriginal, but the actors' deliveries are effortless and really make up for it.

~The Dresden Dolls

Quote Originally Posted by emily655321
    Oh, that's so nice. I've never seen a guy cry at a movie.
    This is not the first time he has cried either, I know there have been others... Oh, he cried during "Ice Age", when the the sabertooth dies. (supposedly) I can't remember when else off the top of my head

The Great Damn of Boston. JediFonger's Avatar
    yeah em, the closest you'll find is probably the Landmark Embassy in Waltham, MA:

http://www.boston.com/movies/display...=movie&id=6960

the rest all are closer to the city. having said that i've been in the artsy one in Waltham, pretty OK. park's a real pain but it'll take you about 40min drive (not too bad).
    to the edge of eternity and depth of infinity, stupidity knows no bound.

Thanks, doesn't sound bad. Shoot, though, that's what I thought. Oh well; could always use a good excuse to go into Boston. My mom's b-day is this Sunday... wonder who's playing Passim's? Could make a day of it. Although travel will probably be a b**** because of the convention...

Yes, I'm rambling. Try and stop me.
    Last edited by emily655321; 07-21-2004 at 09:37 AM.

~The Dresden Dolls

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I bought "Lost in Translation" the other day, ..ok the story is interesting, but i dont know how sophia coppola could win a golden globe for this movie.