Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 471 of 478 FirstFirst ... 371421461466467468469470471472473474475476 ... LastLast
Results 7,051 to 7,065 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    A remarcable cast Yes/No. How old would Shirley Temple be at the time of the movie?
    The unknown girl has much of a documentary. I am pretty sure the protagonist was specially prepared to handle the patients.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    Shirley Temple was born in 1928 and the movie came out in 1947. She may have been 19. She was playing a 17-year-old in the movie. She looked the right age. We mainly watched the movie because Sheldon wrote the screen play.

Blog Entries
    That´s interesting. I thought she was only a child actress.
    Where do you watch the new films if you want to, I mean if you don´t find them at your library? Have you got Netflix or something similar?
    I used to go to the cinema almost every weekend, but it has become difficult because all the public events in Săo Paulo happen in the street were most of the cinemas are.
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Born into this, a documentary on Charles bukowski. Also: the following films directed by kelly Reichardt

Old Joy
    Wendy and Lucy
    Meek's Cutoff
    Night Moves
    Certain Women

Blog Entries
    I think Shirley Temple is mainly known as a child actress, Danik. I remember seeing some of them that made it on TV long ago. We usually get movies from the library which also has an online source called Hoopla. No driving required since the library is walking distance. There is also YouTube especially for documentaries. We rarely go to a cinema.

I found "Born into this" on YouTube, Tony. I may watch some of it.

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    I think Shirley Temple is mainly known as a child actress, Danik. I remember seeing some of them that made it on TV long ago. We usually get movies from the library which also has an online source called Hoopla. No driving required since the library is walking distance. There is also YouTube especially for documentaries. We rarely go to a cinema.

I found "Born into this" on YouTube, Tony. I may watch some of it.
    It is very good.

Blog Entries
    Yes, it is a good documentary. I remember reading something about him years ago and this confirms my impression of what he was like.

Blog Entries
    I asked mainly, because I noticed that one of the big sources of free movies and music "You Tube" is changing is policy, at least here in Brazil. I found "The bachelor and ..." for download but I don´t think they were free downloads. Also I looked for videos of the Lollapalooza shows tht took place in SăoPaulo this weekend. Some guy put them into You Tube, but they were all taken all out again.
    So Yes/no, Tony or any one who is in habit of downloading You Tube films or music had better see if there has been any change in his/her country in that aspect

Blog Entries
    I only use the free YouTube service although we do purchase extra cloud storage to distribute private family videos. If it isn't in the library or on Hoopla (which is currently free with the library card), we don't get it. Our daughters do purchase Amazon, Netflix or other streaming services I am unaware of but they don't live with us anymore.

Blog Entries
    In US you have to pay more internet services than here. I think cloud storage is still free but I am wary of using it specially for family fotos and videos. 1984 syndrome. The less is known in the net about anyone´s ties the better protected they are.
    There also is a place near by where I can rent movies also new ones. There used to be a lot of them where you could rent dvd´s. But most of them disapeared because you could watch the films in the net. I think that is changing again.

Blog Entries
    There's nothing in my videos that they don't already know. However, I think people should not rely on cloud storage assuming their digital files are safe there. They need to also be backed up on physical media in multiple places. One can build one's own cloud storage. Or so I have heard.

I saw the John Hughes' film "Sixteen Candles" last night. I am surprised I haven't seen this before. Score: 10/10

Blog Entries
    I found "Sixteen candles" but didn´t watch it yet. The sound is low and no undertitles.

Watched a German film today. "The misplaced world". A family drama which in spite of PCs and cell phones seems old fashioned. I liked it but the reviews in general are not good.
    Here is one:
    http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/rev...-review-773094
    Found trailer in German, Portuguese and Chinese but not in English.
    07/10

Blog Entries
    Even though I thought "Sixteen Candles" was 10/10, I tend to overrate the good ones and underrate the bad ones. It is kind of like have two curves when giving out grades in a class. I'll see if "The misplaced world" is in the library tomorrow.

I just finished watching an old movie, "It's a mad, mad, mad, mad world". A group of people hear a dying criminal tell them where he buried a lot of money before the police arrived. The rest of the movie shows them trying to find that buried treasure. This is also a 10/10.

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    My mom loved that movie. It is a lot of fun. They actually made it to raise some money for the widow of a director...or something. I forget who.

La Passe. 10/10
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Watched 'Me Before You'
    I would give it a 9
    Awesome story
    Will keep you in tears