Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 426 of 477 FirstFirst ... 326376416421422423424425426427428429430431436476 ... LastLast
Results 6,376 to 6,390 of 7142

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Blog Entries
    R.I.P.D now that is a bad movie. 2/10

'24 hour party people' that is a great movie. Had only seen parts of it before but watched the whole thing last night, very good. 8/10
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The City of Life and Death 10/10 a movie about the massacre of Nanking. Beautifully done, if rather painful to watch.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

I saw Woody Allen’s “Blue Jasmine” last night. It is clearly an homage to “Streetcar Named Desire”, and tells the story of the widow of a rich Wall Street crook, who now has no money or marketable skills. She heads to San Francisco from New York, to stay with her working class, divorced sister. Kate Blanchett plays Jasmine, in a succulent (if overly dramatic) role.

Unfortunately, the minor characters don’t work. The Stella equivalent is mildly interesting, but her boyfriend (presumably the Stanley Kowalski) role is a stereotyped bore. In addition, the working class friends of the Stella character are out of place in San Francisco – they represent New York working class stereotypes.

The movie tries to emphasize the growing divide in America between the working class and the rich, but fails. Alec Baldwin is his usual charismatic self in his role as Jasmine’s crooked financier husband (seen in flashbacks). But the movie is sordid, depressing, and lacks the depth that believable supporting characters might have given it. Perhaps it is somewhat interesting in that Jasmine’s decent from wealth mirrors Woody Allen’s own vilification when he married his step-daughter.

Richard Gere's Red Corner. Director: Avnet. I give it a 10.

Blog Entries
    Recently I have gone to see "Elysium" (8/10).

I watched Chernobyl Diaries with my friends. Some horror films are often quite funny and it was one of them. 4/10

I watched Epic Ronin, an animated movie and really enjoyed it.

7/10

Finally, I managed to watch Laura. It’s an interesting tale of murder and mystery. Clifton Webb was very funny throughout the film. I greatly enjoyed it. 8/10

Blog Entries
    Much Ado About Nothing -the Joss Whedon version, oh it was so good! I really loved it. It had the absurd feeling I always get from Shakespeare's comedies and so many great actors were in it. It's hard not to love Nathan Fillion as Dogberry (or anybody) and Sean Maher was a nice villain, also he is the sort of villain I like, he was just mean spirited and had nothing nice about him.

I also enjoyed the set, this house is beautiful, and apparently its Joss Whedons home.

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Internal nebulae TheFifthElement's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Sightseers - killer caravanners. Unusual, funny, low-budget and British. Nice quick shot of Winnat's Pass, too, which is just about the nicest place on this Earth. Also given us a list of places to visit (but not kill people, that wouldn't be nice). 8/10.
    Want to know what I think about books? Check out https://biisbooks.wordpress.com/

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    Finally, I managed to watch Laura. It’s an interesting tale of murder and mystery. Clifton Webb was very funny throughout the film. I greatly enjoyed it. 8/10
    I thought you might enjoy that movie. It reminds me of you, Snowqueen-elegant and mysterious.

Quote Originally Posted by Helga View Post
    Much Ado About Nothing -the Joss Whedon version, oh it was so good! I really loved it. It had the absurd feeling I always get from Shakespeare's comedies and so many great actors were in it. It's hard not to love Nathan Fillion as Dogberry (or anybody) and Sean Maher was a nice villain, also he is the sort of villain I like, he was just mean spirited and had nothing nice about him.

I also enjoyed the set, this house is beautiful, and apparently its Joss Whedons home.
    Agree, agree, agree, with everything you said! I loved that movie, so much fun. It deserves a repeat viewing, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by TheFifthElement View Post
    Sightseers - killer caravanners. Unusual, funny, low-budget and British. Nice quick shot of Winnat's Pass, too, which is just about the nicest place on this Earth. Also given us a list of places to visit (but not kill people, that wouldn't be nice). 8/10.
    Love the name, Fifth. Yes, very British. I would love to caravan there, too, along the canals, particularly? Fantasy vacation time, maybe? Care to plan with me?
    Last edited by qimissung; 10-09-2013 at 08:23 AM.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

I watched World War Z with my young cousin. It wasn’t as good as I expected it to be. 6/10

Blog Entries
    Just watched Fight Club again. Great film. You know when you watch some sports like football how it makes you want to go out and have a game? Well Fight Club - briefly - very briefly - makes the idea of going out and having a fight seem appealing - which is funny.

9/10

Blog Entries
    I recently saw two movies worth mentioning, Cria Cuervos a Spanish film about a young girl who looses her parents 8/10. And Körkarlen a Swedish film about a ghost carriage that picks up dead souls 7/10.

Blog Entries
    I saw World War Z with my daughter last night. I was as much annoyed by the character Brad Pitt played, who in the mist of zombie attacks had to be forced to help out, as I was with the zombies. Score: 4/10

As I think about it, the difference between zombies and vampires starts to blur. They both like to bite other people and then the other people turn into them. I do remember seeing a comedy, Vamps, about vampires some time ago that I would rate 8/10.