Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 11 of 478 FirstFirst ... 6789101112131415162161111 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Hi isagel, I saw arthur last week and i was disappointed as well. I had been eagerly awaiting the premiere of the film because finally someone had taken the trouble to make an historical movie about this and i couldn't wait to see it, but what a disappointment. after Troy this is the second time an historical film is no good. Let's hope Alexander will be better

oh my word I am definatly showing my age, when I read that you saw Arthur and it was bad, I was thinking to myself "The one with Liza Minelli and Dudley Moore?" that pretty good" then when I read further I realized not THAT Arthur. DOH!
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Sorry Papayahed, i was actually talking about the one that is in the cinemas now (at least in europe) i haven't seen the version with liza minelli and dudley moore but if you say that is a good one perhaps i should rent that one then. By the way is anyone here from a country where the film Alexander is already in the cinemas and if so what did you think about it?
    "If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic"

Last on I saw was Last Tango in Paris. Unfortunately i had to watch it on or with (not being sure about grammar) my PC. But otherwise it was excellent.
    There is no point in being nuts when you can't have fun. Nash "A beautiful mind"

Poehee99 - Don't rent Arthur on my account, it's just ok - nothing great. Just your typical run of the mill early 80's comedy.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    i liked it when it came out.
    shh!!!
    the air and water have been here a long time, and they are telling stories.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I feel like making movies based on legends or epic heroes are now like a trend..with the booming of LOTR then Troy..when i saw the trailler of Author I didnt feel that interested..i haven't see it though...plan to see it this week

Last night I saw a film called Serial Mom, about a woman who seems the perfect housewife but is infact mad and kills people that disturb the order, like annoying her family or not rewinding rented videotapes (doesn't she have a point there? )...
    My rating is 6, it's actually less crap than I thought it was, but it's quite silly cos it shows the family making a business of it, and they don't really get sad even when one of their best friends is killed... Ok I guess the film is trying to show how murders become a show, but still... Is this film famous? I tried to do some research on google cos it apparently was based on a true story and I wanted to know more about it, but I didn't find anything about the real story, just tons of reviews and quotes...

Oh, recently I saw 'The day after tomorrow', the one about dramatic weather changes...That was as crap as I expected, I'd say the perfect rating is 3.

I also saw that Fahrenheti 9/11 cos i was curious and I probably won't have time to see it when it's out in Italy in 10 days (btw I wonder if they've been so stupid to dub it, it will ruin it, subtitles would work better...anyway I don't think it's going to be a success here cos it's not being hyped at all). Well anyway, I dind't find it impressive... Most of the things seemed to be quite well known or expectable (I guess I was expecting some exciting revelation...), sometimes I didn't understand the link between the parts (I did miss some bits cos of the language, too) and I guess I didn't find it too interesting cos it was very American-based (well of course, but it didn't mention Italy in the countries that supported the stupid war...it only mentioned the obscure ones...or in some bits it seemed to expect a vaster knowledge of American affairs/politics/law than I have). I guess a rating would be 6... maybe more if I count the purpose... Btw, I didnt understand the end of it, nor did the English guy who saw it with me, because of the american accent.
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Quote Originally Posted by nome1486
    I would like to see Signs
    I saw it...it was the biggest waste of time and money in my life... it's so childishly stupid... One of the worst films I've ever seen!
    (hope I'm talking of the right film)
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Finally got to see Signs after renting it, and I think I liked it even better than The Village. Not mainly as a suspense film...though there were some creepy moments...but because it was funny when I didn't expect it to be and a very emotional story. And great music! (same for The Village). If you're thinking of the movie with Mel Gibson that starts with him finding crop circles in his cornfield, that's the one.
    Arnold Bros. (est. 1905) has spoken!

Oh come on! The film is utter crap! it's a film where aliens come from thousands of miles away. they can find their way perfectly through thr universe , but when they're getting near the farm they have to make cropcircles to find their way. Furthermore you've got this terrible angry alien attacking everyone, but he isn't even capable of opening a regular door. (the part where they lock him up in the closet). furthermore their gas killes everyone except the little boy because he convieniently happens to have astma. and the end of the film is really terrible when they find out that those aliens can't stand water. So, you've got highly intellectual aliens who have come from thousands of miles away to come to a planet that consists for about 80 % out of water, when water is the only thing they can't stand. Good thinking guys!
    "If ignorance is bliss, you must be orgasmic"

The alien part of the story is definitely weird; I generally don't like stories about alien invasions, but part of the reason I like this movie is that it's not like a typical alien story. The aliens and their characteristics or motivations aren't really important to the story; the story's real focus is the family and the man who has lost his faith--which is one of the most important things in the world to him--and needs to regain it.
    Last edited by nome1486; 08-19-2004 at 08:44 PM.

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    um....i just gotta say thanks poehee. i hadnt watched it yet. i was planning on it, but i might not now...
    just in the future, if you are going to tell story line that will spoil it for those who havent seen it yet, a spoiler title would be really nice.
    crap or not, i would have watched it. as i just bought it.
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Banned
    Blog Entries
    I watch The Manchurian Candidate..starring Denzel Washington and Merly Streep...it's about these soldiers who got brainwashed by this global company called Manchurian. One of the soldiers run for a vice president of the US and the Manchurians use him to smothen their bussiness once he's on top...
    At first when i read the title i thought the Manchurian is really refer to the Manchurian people....quite interesting story and somehow it making me more convince that global companies are indeed played important roles behind many world events..

Did you really just buy it? Weird coincidence. Sorry to have started a threadline that spoiled it for you. But unless you were expecting something similar to Men in Black, I think it's still worth watching; I don't think the film's flaws were that major.

Is there really a country named Manchuria? I thought it was a country that was made-up in the original movie (for political correctness), and then they decided to change it to a corporation in the new version to modernize it. I haven't seen either one, though.
    Last edited by nome1486; 08-19-2004 at 08:51 PM.