Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 101 of 478 FirstFirst ... 519196979899100101102103104105106111151201 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

I saw 300 recently and it's actually pretty good. Snyder has a great hand for bringin the world of the graphic novel to the screen. I hope he does equally well with his next project, Watchmen.

X
    He was a dreamer, a thinker, a speculative philosopher... or, as his wife would have it, an idiot. ~ Douglas Adams

I just saw Happy Feet. Penguin dances to his own tune and gets kicked out of the penguin community. A story of growing-up and being true to yourself.

8/10
    "Yes, Mati. That was exacshully what I was saying."

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    manolia, Yes, what great actors. Love Boggie in "African Queen", "Casablanca", and many, many more.
    Nice movies both. Boggie is one of my favourite actors - tough guys.

I Love Huston, too - he was a great actor and what a wonderful director. I studied him in college.
    Nice thing to study directors in college. My University - lessons were quite different and sometimes dull. I like very much what i studied and i like my work very much..but you know these artistic studies are something different.

Blog Entries
    Ok i know this isn't a movie or a tv drama but its the last thing i watched anyway.

Best of Most Haunted Live 3- Pendle Hell. WOW is all i'm saying!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by manolia View Post
    Yes, I always try to get thier films and any other old films that look appealing. I have two out right now from my library. Can't wait to view them. Going there again tonight to return 4 things and get two more CD's to download. Can't have enough movies or music!

Nice thing to study directors in college. My University - lessons were quite different and sometimes dull. I like very much what i studied and i like my work very much..but you know these artistic studies are something different.
    manolia, Yes, it really was fun. But I went to college (Philadephia College of Art) in the 70's and it was pre-video days. We watched actual films on screens - not real large, but projected, nice. It was one of my most favorite and fun classes. I loved it. Art school was a blast - I had all different type classes relating to art and the arts. Now my school is the Philadelphia University for the Arts - can you even imagine what it is like now (?) - includes dance and theater, etc. I would have been in my glory. But, I had a good film teacher and I learned about the all time greats - Chaplin, Laurel and Hardy, W.C. Fields, Capa, Houston, Ford, and all the other guys who paved the way for today's directors and producers. So, I was truly blessed and it gave me this avid and broad interest in all types of films.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Really? Someone i know went to the same school as him and told me that. Maybe they were pulling my leg!(which is not nice if they were! )
    Naimh, I think they were pulling your leg, but I will look up his biography again for our satisfaction. By the way, I keep a whole folder of photos of the guy. I have a bunch of film stars I like in a bigger file.
    It would have been nice if he were an identical twin so we could both have one to keep.

Blog Entries
    Naimh, I think they were pulling your leg, but I will look up his biography again for our satisfaction. By the way, I keep a whole folder of photos of the guy. I have a bunch of film stars I like in a bigger file.
    It would have been nice if he were an identical twin so we could both have one to keep.
    Ok so lets pretend we cloned him them! that way there is enough of him to go around! (oh dear..i'm starting to become a groupy )
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Ok so lets pretend we cloned him them! that way there is enough of him to go around! (oh dear..i'm starting to become a groupy )
    Oh, I have been one (a groupy) for sometime now! Yes, cloning Joseph sounds reasonable. He should be cloned and more than once. He was so darn sexy in those bedroom scenes in "Shakespeare in Love" - that guy is gorgeous.

Last movie i saw was "The passion of Christ" 5/10. I didn't like it. It was a violent movie with Christ beaten to death (almost) in every scene. In fact i think it is a boring film. A slow paced film and although i generally like slow paced films i was bored with this one. And was it really necessary to have such a bloodbath? It made me sick

Blog Entries
    Woo, I agree totally -- I love Bogie!

We rented that silly movie, Borat last night.... hmmmmm, I really did NOT like this movie one bit. Too slap-stick for me, I guess, did anyone else see it? I give it a 1/10.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    Woo, I agree totally -- I love Bogie!

We rented that silly movie, Borat last night.... hmmmmm, I really did NOT like this movie one bit. Too slap-stick for me, I guess, did anyone else see it? I give it a 1/10.
    kiz-paws,
    I like Bogie, too. What was the name of that film where they introduced Laren Bacall? I like that one. I have seen it a couple of times but never can recall the title. He fell for her in that film. She was really young, built incredible and was so sexy, no wonder he fell head over heals. She was really sultry.

My friend, Lynne, and I never agree on films. She loved "Miss Sunshine", I really did not. I knew she was going to tell me about "Borat", and I have no desire to see this silly, stupid film. It looks too cras for me. I would not waste my time on it. So glad you wrote this post, kiz-paws. I am sure I would agree if I saw it (1/10), but I won't even bother.

Blog Entries
    The last movie I watched was The Usual Suspects: In the aftermath of a ship, conflagurating and sinking on the open ocean, presumed to be carrying a host of notorious drug dealers and buyers, initiating millions of dollars worth of illegal trade, only one survivor of the catastrophe may tell the story in his own words. When the rest of the survivor's underground crew are discovered to have died on the drugged ship except the arch-leader, Keaton, an official team interrogates the survivor and pushes him to great lengths to tell the tale. The movie consummates on a beautiful twist, after sending the viewer through a joyride of heart thumping scenes which may or may not have been the complete facts---

9.5/10
    My hide hides the heart inside

Blog Entries
    Last movie i saw was "The passion of Christ" 5/10. I didn't like it. It was a violent movie with Christ beaten to death (almost) in every scene. In fact i think it is a boring film. A slow paced film and although i generally like slow paced films i was bored with this one. And was it really necessary to have such a bloodbath? It made me sick
    You and I have conflicting views. Mel Gibson directed that film flawlessly in my opinion.
    My hide hides the heart inside

Pièce de Résistance Scheherazade's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolescent09 View Post
    The last movie I watched was The Usual Suspects
    One of my all-time favorites!
    ~
    "It is not that I am mad; it is only that my head is different from yours.”
    ~

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Adolescent09 View Post
    You and I have conflicting views. Mel Gibson directed that film flawlessly in my opinion.
    I agree, I liked the movie. Yes, I think Mel Gibson did a wonderful job in his meticulous directing of the film. I especially liked the ending with the nail marks on the risen Christ's hands. I thought Jim Caveizel did a fine job of acting in that film. He has a introspective quality and wonderfully expressive eyes. I felt he fit the Christ image well. I do think other versions of 'the Passion' are a bit cleaned up. Yes, the whipping scene was awful, but that is in the bible. I really did not know what all the fuss was about the film, when it first came out - all the negative contraversy. The violence was no worse than "Lord of the Rings Trilogy" or the new film "300" and people eat that stuff up. If it is real life they seem not to tolerate it. Go figure that one out....