Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 10 of 477 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314152060110 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Kiwi Shelf
    Umm... is that the movie to the tv show from like 70's or 80's?
    oh..have no idea about this

Cheers

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

Oh, MASH was a tv show, it was really good.

There is this anime and it it has the strangest name, two words. Crap, I need to ask someone. I will get back to you, it slipped my mind.

Edit: Okay, the name is Fooly Cooly
    Last edited by Kiwi Shelf; 08-05-2004 at 08:51 PM.
    "Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."

Blog Entries
    last night i saw a movie called "Witness"..it 's about an Amish boy who witnessed a crime then of course he was chased and targeted to be killed. I heard that this movie was nominated for 9 Oscars (i forgot what year), but won 2 only (one of them for best scenario)...well i fell asleep and didnt see the end..

but i got interested to learn more about the Amish lifetyle

"there are people in the world so hungry that God can not appear to them except in the form of bread"

Mahatma Gandhi

I have been living the "rental" life lately, and me and some friends rented "50 First Dates", "13 Going on 30", and "Win a Date with Tad Hamilton."

50 First Dates was shockingly really good considering I didn't want to see it when it was at theatres because it looked so strange. Now, I wouldn't mind seeing it again.

13 Going on 30 was alright, but did Jennifer Garner ever drive me nuts!

Win a Date with Tad Hamilton... well... don't laugh, but I liked it. Mainly because the guy from "That 70's Show" was in it, the one the plays Eric, and does he ever remind me of my boyfriend. And, my boyfriend was away and I missed him, so... it was good.
    "Hear and you forget; see and you remember; do and you understand."

"Diablo"

the first episode of Naruto is OK
    i like the manga better (I don't know why the colors of Naruto remind me of Hellsing...)

Ghost in the Shell is okay but I need to watch it again since it's confusing.
    I heard there's a series..
    and also, there's a sequel to the movie.

and of course, Trigun rocks...
    Last edited by Dunpeal; 08-09-2004 at 02:07 AM.

King of Plastic Spoons imthefoolonthehill's Avatar
    American Beauty

I give it an 84 percent.
    Told by a fool, signifying nothing.

Blog Entries
    I alwasy give 90 for American Beauty, though I have watched it hundreds of time..

I wached Amelie again 2 days ago..but fel asleep this time
    so the score decrease to 75

Mahatma Gandhi

The Great Damn of Boston. JediFonger's Avatar
    if you liked american beauty you would love alan ball's other work, Six Feet Under on HBO.
    to the edge of eternity and depth of infinity, stupidity knows no bound.

Blog Entries
    Yea someone told me that erlier....however never saw that series...not even once..will try to next week

Mahatma Gandhi

well i suggest you start with season1. it's like a soap opera in that if you miss the begininng you will be VERY confused. season1&2 are out on DVD. s3 is not out yet.

On the subject of TV shows, does anyone else like the shows Monk or Arrested Development? They're the only two shows I'm watching steadily right now.

To catch up on movies, I'll just say briefly:
    The Notebook: 7/10
    Better than I thought it would be; some very sweet moments (especially in the part of the story that takes place in the present)
    Next Stop Wonderland: 8/10
    A slightly older (about ten years old) romantic comedy by Brad Anderson. Very funny in an understated sort of way, and one of those romances where the two romantic leads don't meet until the very end.
    The Village: 9/10
    I give it a nine because I'm still thinking about the lead characters two days after I saw the movie. I think it was beautifully shot and well-acted, at least by the main actors. I want to hear what other people think about it (not giving anything away, of course ).
    Arnold Bros. (est. 1905) has spoken!

i shall rent the village but after seeing 6th sense, unbreakable and signs on opening night as well as renting all m's past works (stuard little, wide awake, i couldn't find praying with anger, hopefully one day he'll release it). i have become a skeptic to his abilities. i mean... his style fits 6th sense like a shoe but unbreakable was very puzzling, and so was signs. i found the latter 2 very poorly shot. i know you guys will praise him but i just hated his very long shots of characters just THINKING!!! well that's great for the actor and perhaps good for live performance but this is not just about the actor and this ain't live, this is CINEMA! it's supposed to MEAN something and if you don't want it to mean much then PLEASE make it somewhat entertaining! it's like spiderman2, may not mean much but it sure was very nice mind's eye candy! the problem with m is that he's become too full himself. it is as if every single word he has written is scripture and the actors are suppose to spill his dialogue and then the audience is suppose to think it means something meaningful and subtlety will work its magic and the slow and patient will learn the truth behind the veil of a story but in the end it's all one big magic OZ pulled by the wickedy bad wizard named m night. no wonder he stayed with his name night, it's TOO DARK! for good luck he should rename himself DAY! he shuold do more stuart little, a bit less wide awake (it was too melodramatic) and a bit more intention and meaning.

I would like to see Signs, but since I haven't seen that or Unbreakable I sadly can't offer any comparison of those films to The Village. Although I did enter the movie in the mindset of wondering what every little insignificant line of dialogue was supposed to mean, I did end up enjoying the movie just for the storyline's sake, and would like to watch it again just for that. But you're right about his need for variety; even though his reputation alone might be able to draw crowds, it sets up the wrong expectations in the minds of the audience. Besides that, seeing basically the same preview for each of his new movies does get tiresome. And maybe eventually, when people stop expecting another Sixth Sense, he'll be able to surprise us with another one.
    Last edited by nome1486; 08-14-2004 at 11:30 PM.
    Arnold Bros. (est. 1905) has spoken!

Blog Entries
    i saw the killing fields yesterday. it was my second time. was a great anti-war movie!!!!
    the movie won 3 oscars...
    anyone ever see this movie?
    i gave it 8.5

Mahatma Gandhi

Yesterday I saw Arthur.
    That was a total waste of two hours of my life.

But I guess that if you like action movies with large battle scenes and men shouting FREEDOM while raising swords towards the sky, you might like this movie.

(oh - I want to see the village. It hasn´t come to Sweden yet. But I saw the trailer and it looks great.)
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake