Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 1 of 478 1234561151101 ... LastLast

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Did any of you see the movie hedwig, or the play? I think it is quite possibly one of the best movies I have ever seen. Rent it if you get a chance. It's all about a transvestite who escaped nazi germany to become a rock and rule star, but it is about so much more, and is loaded with greek mythology, and the music is great because its a rock and roll musical. It is so creative, and visually rich, and sybolic, I don't even have words.
    If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft, and of thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, sell one, and with the dole buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.

I've seen the movie and the play. Although I didn't see the play with the original Hedwig. Definitly one of my favorite movies "The Origin of Love" is one of the best songs ever. Ok well not much time I just wanted to say this is indeed a great play and everyone should go see it.

Also for those who havn't seen the movie/play it is actualy called Hedwig and the Angry Itch and it wasn't Nazi Germany he escaped it was Russian/communist Germany.

Jonus
    Whatever happened to peace on earth?

Sorry, the only thing worse than my American History is my German History.

I never saw the play (tear), but my roomate did a few times, and she loved it. I went to rent the movie though and I couldn't find it in any of the rental places, then when I tried to buy it I couldn't find it in any of the stores.
    If of thy mortal goods thou art bereft, and of thy slender store two loaves alone to thee are left, sell one, and with the dole buy hyacinths to feed thy soul.

Is it a play??? I saw the movie, I loved it!!!!!!
    The song about how love started cos the people were joined than were divided is simply amazing! I wanted to look for the soundtrack but I never did...
    dead on the inside, i've got nothing to prove
    keep me alive and give me something to lose

Yeah Koa it was originally a play. It was touring throughout New Mexico and Colorado last year. I'm not sure if there is a website or anything for it thouhg.

Jonus
    Whatever happened to peace on earth?

I did get the soundtrack. There're a few songs on it that aren't in the movie, but all the best one's are in it. I like Midgight Radio and the wig song the best. Me and my friends watch it over and over at 3AM when we should be sleeping. Life is beautiful.

What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Can be in theatres or at home.

Matrix Revolutions (Yeah I know. I'm way behind.) What an utter piece of crap! Can't somebody please put the Wachowski bothers and their pseudo-profundity out of their misery????

2/10

an innate contradiction verybaddmom's Avatar
    i watched "Big Fish" last night. it wasnt quite what i expected, but i did enjoy it. rate it? i would have to say seven out of ten. there were some disjointed scenes that were hard to follow, and some of the acting was a bit shallow. however, it starts with five, just because it was a Tim Burton film, and because it was all about fantasy.
    Then we sat on the edge of the earth, with our feet dangling over the side, and marvelled that we had found each other.

Quote Originally Posted by verybaddmom
    however, it starts with five, just because it was a Tim Burton film, and because it was all about fantasy.
    I like what he was trying to say about the imagination's ability to construct reality, but IMO he didn't say it well. I feel let down by Burton. He has the capacity for genius, but some of his work is just brutal (e.g. Sleepy Hollow , Planet of the Apes .)

Quote Originally Posted by trismegistus
    Matrix Revolutions (Yeah I know. I'm way behind.) What an utter piece of crap! Can't somebody please put the Wachowski bothers and their pseudo-profundity out of their misery????

2/10

Have to agree with you on that one. I loved the first movie, and was eagerly awaiting for the last one to wrap it all up. And then ...nothing. The third movie just shows that there was nothing underneath the oh-so-elegant surface.

"There is no substance."
    "Man was made for joy and woe;
    And when this we rightly know
    Through the world we safely go" Blake

U2aholic
    i watched kill bill vol2. i haven't seen the first part, so at the beginning i was a bit confused, but i liked it anyhow
    In dreams begin responsibilities.

"The Stepford Wives"
    Really funny and had imo one of the greatest endings ever!
    But, I am a really big feminist, so a lot of the movie annoyed me excessively.

So, I would give it a 7, mainly for the humour and ending

Mystic River. It was pretty good, I'd give it an 8.
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Quote Originally Posted by trismegistus
    I like what he was trying to say about the imagination's ability to construct reality, but IMO he didn't say it well. I feel let down by Burton. He has the capacity for genius, but some of his work is just brutal (e.g. Sleepy Hollow , Planet of the Apes .)
    Actually, I thought Sleepy Hollow was great. Have you read the tale? Burton did an amazing job with that movie, even when it's not one of his best jobs. That being said, I agree 100% about Planet of the Apes.
    Ningún hombre llega a ser lo que es por lo que escribe, sino por lo que lee.
    - Jorge Luis Borges

Watched "Sling Blade" last night on cable TV. I've always preferred low budget indie films to the big time Hollywood productions. I'd give it an 8. The "Frank" character was a little too perfect for an adolescent.

"That boy likes the way I talk. UmmHmm"

"Y’all got any of them French Fried potatoes? UmmHmm"

“Doyle sez bring an ambulance, or better make it a hearse. UmmHmm"
    Uhhhh...

Page 1 of 478 1234561151101 ... LastLast