Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 301 of 478 FirstFirst ... 201251291296297298299300301302303304305306311351401 ... LastLast
Results 4,501 to 4,515 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

This celestial seascape! Lynne50's Avatar
    I'm passing along a bit of information that I just heard about. Maybe some of you have already heard of it? It's Internet Movie Data Base.com. Apparently it has every movie ever made with ratings. Plus it also includes TV shows in its data base, too. Happy movie watching!
    "What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare." W.H. Davies

Evan Almighty. 6/10.
    Whether you think you can or you think you can't, you're right.

account closed at request of member
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by librarius_qui View Post
    The Seven Samurai

Whoa!
    Wow!

Unable to rate it. It's above rating systems.~

The Last Samurai ... Well .. 8/10.

Quote Originally Posted by librarius_qui View Post
    The Last Samurai ... Well .. 8/10.

Tom Cruise as the last samurai was like wtf?! It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. It was actually a pretty decent movie. But I mean, c'mon...seriously Tom Cruise ...

The Jungle Book (the Disney one)
    Fabulous. You just can't beat the Disney classics. I hadn't seen it since I was a kid and my step son was watching it the other day. I absolutely love those old Disney movies. 10/10

The last grown up movie I watched was Elizabeth: The Golden Age
    A lot of historical innaccuracies, but overall, a well done movie. Wonderful casting, beautiful costuming and cinemetography. Good dramatic effect without going overboard. I just love Cate Blanchett 9/10

This celestial seascape! Lynne50's Avatar
    Well, I just saw Let the Right One In and loved it. It was visually, very pretty. Swedish landscapes. I think I will have to see it again, to get all the symbolism, but I would highly recommend it. 9/10
    "What is this life if, full of care, we have no time to stand and stare." W.H. Davies

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    Saw the Taiwanese film "Eat Drink Man Woman" which was absolutely wonderful! A brilliantly shot, narrated and entertaining film that says a lot about Chinese and Western culture. Great film for foodies, lots of great montages of cooking.
    8/10 (which is very high for me!)
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Labyrinth (with David Bowie)

I love Brian Froud and David Bowie so I can't believe I've never seen this before!! It was kind of cheesy, but very entertaining and fun and cool. My 6 year old LOVED it. We really had a nice evening watching it together. Even my 4 month old was really into it. She was cooing along to the songs and watching all the little critters.

The puppets and special effects are not very good compared to what they have now. But sometimes I like it better that way and in this case it works. I only wish I'd seen it when it first came out!
    I will definately be buying this movie

10/10

Another movie I saw recently that I really enjoyed was The Diving Bell and the Butterfly which is based on a book of the same name. I haven't read the book though. I hear its a true story.

It was wonderfully filmed. An absolutely beautiful and touching movie. It's a French film and though I don't know any French, I don't think it would have had the same effect if it were in another lanugage. Which is why I always prefer to watch movies subtitled and not dubbed. The perspectives and story and cinemetography and really everything were quite well done. It wasn't a high budget film and didn't need to be. I most definately want to read the book now.

10/10

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    I also loved The Diving Bell and Butterfly! So creative.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

We watched a very wacky film last night, a digital animation movie, called Terkel I Knibe - absolutely hilarious! It has some very dark humor, occasionally very blunt, twisted, and never contains a dull moment. I would call it where Pixar meets South Park. I think I spent the entirety of the film laughing myself to tears.
    Rating: 10/10.

Blog Entries
    In Bruges. What can i say. Bloody Brilliant. 10/10 That brings the total amount of films i like Colin Farrell in to two.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    In Bruges. What can i say. Bloody Brilliant. 10/10 That brings the total amount of films i like Colin Farrell in to two.
    Ah, I just saw that a few months ago - excellent choice, Niamh! I have encountered few plots that original, that suspenseful, simultaneous to dark humor within the past decade. Agreed 10/10.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mono View Post
    Ah, I just saw that a few months ago - excellent choice, Niamh! I have encountered few plots that original, that suspenseful, simultaneous to dark humor within the past decade. Agreed 10/10.
    Totally agreed!
    Yeah the humour was very dublin. only way to discribe it. very different story and thats why i liked it. and it make me teary eyed and feel for the characters. was all round great!

The quote that had me in stitches was
    I grew up in Dublin. I love Dublin. If I grew up on a farm, and was retarded, Bruges might impress me but I didn't, so it doesn't.
    Last edited by Niamh; 05-04-2009 at 12:30 PM.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Lynne50 View Post
    Joreads
    My nephew just recommended that movie to me too. He also said it was one of the best movies he ever saw. Now I really want to see it.
    You really should see it.
    I am back............................

Now that would be telling it, wouldnt it?
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    So whats the other one?
    My mission in life is to make YOU smile
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,"To talk of many things:

Forum Rules- You know you want to read 'em

|Litnet Challange status = 5/260
    |currently reading