Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 132 of 478 FirstFirst ... 3282122127128129130131132133134135136137142182232 ... LastLast
Results 1,966 to 1,980 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Uncontrollable Flesh Video Drone's Avatar
    I have just watched An Inconvenient Truth, dunno if that can be considered a movie, anyway, I thought it was really good. The only other movie on global warming I remember was The Day After Tomorrow, and it was really bad. This one, though, actually included a lot of scientific stuff which I, so far, had only read in books (I'm a bit of a global warming junkie). So if you are into that kind of stuff, I really recommend watching An Inconvenient Truth. I have pretty much read a lot on what was said in there, just brought to the screen.

I didn't exactly understand who this Al Gore guy was, though, a former president or something or what? I'm really not into politics, the only political event that I have ever noticed is the Ukrainian Orange "Revolution"...
    "Dullness. Ethereal, ephemeral, allegorical dullness. The blunt boredom rises from the gorge of her insufferable lips and floats like the tiniest feather of a long dead bird until it lands, naked and tired memory next to your fleshy feet. But she is gone now, away, away, like all the others, away, away! Only I, poet man, has chosen to stay. And I welcome you, travelers, to the memory catacombs of the Brunnen-G!" (c) Poet Man

Quote Originally Posted by Video Drone View Post

I didn't exactly understand who this Al Gore guy was, though, a former president or something or what?
    He was Clinton's Vice President for 8 years and he ran for President in 2000.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Genesis 10/10

Beautifully shot and extremely visual short film (not a single line of dialogue). This is the story of a mourning sculpter who tries to immortalise his lost love by making a statue of her. As he completes the statue it starts to come to life and he starts to turn to stone. See it.
    "And the worms, they will climb
    The rugged ladder of your spine"

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Stranger than Fiction 9/10. I thought it was an interesting plot, and Will Ferrel is fantastic.
    Calvin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Uncontrollable Flesh Video Drone's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Mark F. View Post
    Genesis
    I'm sorry, which Genesis exactly? What year?
    "Dullness. Ethereal, ephemeral, allegorical dullness. The blunt boredom rises from the gorge of her insufferable lips and floats like the tiniest feather of a long dead bird until it lands, naked and tired memory next to your fleshy feet. But she is gone now, away, away, like all the others, away, away! Only I, poet man, has chosen to stay. And I welcome you, travelers, to the memory catacombs of the Brunnen-G!" (c) Poet Man

Quote Originally Posted by Mark F. View Post
    Genesis 10/10

Beautifully shot and extremely visual short film (not a single line of dialogue). This is the story of a mourning sculpter who tries to immortalise his lost love by making a statue of her. As he completes the statue it starts to come to life and he starts to turn to stone. See it.
    That sounds really cool. I will have to see it.

The last movie I saw was Gone With th Wind and I loved it. Excelent movie

Blog Entries
    Young Frankenstein was on television the other night. I like that movie...it is so silly and funny...and silly. 8.5/10

"Put...the candle...back"
    "It is a mistake to think you can solve any major problems just with potatoes."
    Douglas Adams

"Frivolity is a stern taskmaster."
    Zippy the Pinhead

~Posting images tutorial~

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Shalot View Post
    I stayed up late last night and watched Hannibal Rising (and i was late for work because I overslept )

It wasn't as good as the first but not as bad as the second. I thought it did a pretty good job of explaining why Hannibal Lector is the way he is. Gaspard Ulliel was a good choice for the role --- the way he spoke reminded me of Anthony Hopkins in Silence of the Lambs, and he looked the way you'd think a young Anthony Hopkins might.

I give it 8/10.
    Yay!! Someone else saw it! I saw it when it was first released and really liked it. Have you read the book? It's even better than the movie.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Quote Originally Posted by Video Drone View Post
    I'm sorry, which Genesis exactly? What year?
    I never read the Bible so I have no clue when it all took place.

Nacho Cerda's short film, 1998

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0165297/
    "And the worms, they will climb
    The rugged ladder of your spine"

Blog Entries
    Ocean's Thirteen

Funny; better than the second film, worse than the first. Still worth watching.
    (And Toulour returns, yay! If only for a few scences. *sigh*)

7/10
    “I know that you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant.”- Robert McCloskey

Blog Entries
    Ocean's 13, not a big fan of that series,
    i saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3,
    confusing bc of the ending (you have to wait till the credits are over to see the very last part), but very well done ****

i also saw Children of Men, dag on good movie, but the ending kinda leaves you in the bla (as in what the in hell happened after that?)...

movay
    "Yes, madam, I am drunk. But in the morning I will be sober and you will still be ugly."
    -Winston Churchill

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DeathAngel View Post
    Ocean's 13, not a big fan of that series,
    i saw Pirates of the Caribbean 3,
    confusing bc of the ending (you have to wait till the credits are over to see the very last part), but very well done ****

i also saw Children of Men, dag on good movie, but the ending kinda leaves you in the bla (as in what the in hell happened after that?)...

movay
    Hi DeathAngel, Didn't see the first two, but did see Chidren of Men. I fully agree with your assessment. I wondered why I wasted my time. Heard the 3rd Pirates is good. Not sure I cared to see another after #2...but maybe....

Last night I saw:

"The Great Raid" - it was an interesting story being true and some may say the odds couldn't have turned out so favorable but at the end they give the statistics, pretty amazing. The film was well constructed and not that much war, violence, more planning, etc. I think the film lagged a little occasionally but basically it did keep my interest and I especially liked the interjection of real footage, especially at the end. Reminded me a tad of Bridge over the River Kwai - similiar rescue mission but the main objective was not to blow up a bridge. I would recommend it and the extra features on the DVD. I don't have time to watch all of them - two discs but did watch one and liked it very much. Nicely directed and it felt very real. Good performances.

Night before I saw two films:

"Little Children" - quite interesting and built to a very surprising conclusion. I did not care for the narration, mostly in the beginning. Not sure who the narrator was but as times he sounded more like a reporter. I think that could have been leftout or at least a better voice could have been used. I don't know who narrated it - did not recognise the voice. Rest of the film was ok, not the greatest I thought but kept my interest and the ending was something, but I did not know if I thought that believable. Acting and performances were very good and film was well-done.

"Notes on a Scandal" - I liked this film very much. I found the performances of Kate Blanchett and Judy Dench superb and so believable. I liked the whole way the Kate's character was obsessed with the young male student/ Judy's character was obsessed with Kate's. The whole control issue was well-done and drove the story. The movie was very different and the plot unique, which was refreshing. It was well thought-out screenplay with A1 actors - how could they go wrong? Would highly recommend.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Banned
    Blog Entries
    The Illusionist was the last movie I saw. I can say I was very impressed. It didn't recieve the air time of TV that The Prestige did, but it is so much more impressive. It is very satisfying and leaves you guessing well into the movie. I'm normally a crack at figuring out the coming plot twists, but this one was harder to figure and much more satisfying. Plus, it has Edward Norton and I've been giving his movies a shot since American History X.

Something's gotta give PrinceMyshkin's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I'm somewhat embarrassed to say it was The Devil Wears Prada. I don't know what I had read about it beforehand that made me think it would be funny and diverting. It was just about the worst piece of [may one use blunt English synonyms for excrement?] I have ever seen. THe characters might as well have been wearing T-shirts with logos such as ANAL MARTINET WHOSE COME-UPPANCE YOU WILL BE HOPING FOR or NAIVE INGENUE WHO WILL BE SEDUCED BY AN UNWORTHY ROLE MODEL BUT WILL COME TO HER SENSES JUST IN TIME.