Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 357 of 478 FirstFirst ... 257307347352353354355356357358359360361362367407457 ... LastLast
Results 5,341 to 5,355 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Brian Bean View Post
    ...I don't care for the vernacular but in this case ROFLMAO
    Brian,
    Unfortunately I'm not well versed on today's texting shorthand. I have a pretty good idea what "wtf" means, but "ROFLMAO"?...hmm..uhh: "Riparian Orinthology Flourishes (in) Lowland Marshes (of) African Orpine" ?....wtf?

"Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Neely View Post
    I need to see it again and I wasn't sleepy! The plot is very thick anyway. I read one review and it said don't even worry about the plot too much the first time, just sit back and enjoy the style. I'll definitely have to look into the set, the African Queen sounds like fun.
    The "African Queen" wasn't in the set unfortunately; however my library owns it and it is great fun. I think the set is more geared to the mysteries or intrigues and features both Bacall and Bogie together. It was quite cheap on Amazon at the time I sprang for it...before Christmas.

No problem, glad you enjoyed it. I haven't seen "The Future of Food" I'll look into that. I've seen most of "Food Inc" yes, it followed on from a lot of stuff I had been reading at the time. I've not heard of "Dirt" I'll look into that. Thanks.
    I found "Dirt" on Hulu as well. Love that Hulu. Sad only the US can get it. They have such great documentaries.

Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    True, that, Janine! But somehow she looked cleaner. Maybe it was the fact that she wore white, or maybe it's because she was a lady (say it with a cockney accent, like that other Hepburn might have ).
    True and I get your point about accents. She was a lady and a spinster at her age, or so he said at one point, didn't he? I think that white dress got a bit mucky as the story progressed....then, they matched a little better....haha
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

I transcend the common notions of space. When I'm sleeping.
    Kama Sutra: A Tale of Love....between an 8 and a 9 somewhere
    I think if you make a signature, you should inspire some emotion in someone else. I also think it would be pretentious for me to think I could do that.

Bonafide...Savage. Neo_Sephiroth's Avatar
    The last movie I watced was...Brace yourself...DAWN OF THE DEAD!!! It was on SyFy...Before that was MEGA PYTHON VS. GATOROID!!!
    "The Lord works from the inside out. The world works from the outside in. The world would take people out of the slums. Christ takes the slums out of the people and then they take themselves out of the slums. Christ changes men, who then changes their environment. The world would shape human behavior, but Christ can change human nature." ~ Ezra Taft Benson

Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post
    Brian,
    Unfortunately I'm not well versed on today's texting shorthand. I have a pretty good idea what "wtf" means, but "ROFLMAO"?...hmm..uhh: "Riparian Orinthology Flourishes (in) Lowland Marshes (of) African Orpine" ?....wtf?

The funny thing is that, although I don't do texting, the first time I saw it I immediately deciphered it, as I had seen shortened versions of it such as ROF and LMAO in YouTube comments. I don't think the code breakers at Bletchley Park would have had much trouble with it although I doubt if it was the sort of thing used by the Germans for the Enigma code in WW11.
    Suffice it to say that the first part means 'Rolling on floor....'

P.S. I've just Googled it if you don't want to bother with the rest of it.

I suppose this was only to be expected.

Last edited by Emil Miller; 01-31-2011 at 05:14 PM.
    "L'art de la statistique est de tirer des conclusions erronèes a partir de chiffres exacts." Napoléon Bonaparte.

"Je crois que beaucoup de gens sont dans cet état d’esprit: au fond, ils ne sentent pas concernés par l’Histoire. Mais pourtant, de temps à autre, l’Histoire pose sa main sur eux." Michel Houellebecq.

ésprit de l’escalier DanielBenoit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Roflmao!
    The Moments of Dominion
    That happen on the Soul
    And leave it with a Discontent
    Too exquisite — to tell —
    -Emily Dickinson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVW8GCnr9-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGIvr6WVw4

riding a cosmic vortex MystyrMystyry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Detective Dee and the Mystery of the Phantom Flame

Whoaaaa! Cinematic Art meets Poetry meets Computer Graphic Wizardry meets Great Story of Intrigue meets Historical Drama meets-

Well - what are you waiting for!

On DVD:

Eden Lake (2008): 7/10
    Broken (2006, adam mason): 6/10

In theaters:

Tetsuo: Bullet Man: 8/10
    Enter the Void (for the 3rd time): 9.5/10
    Last edited by Armel P; 02-04-2011 at 03:52 PM.

Blog Entries
    The A-Team, 10/10

Yes, I know the film is pretty ridiculous. The action scenes are implausible and silly, BUT the whole series was silly. The action was never believable! The dialogue was never deep and neither the series, nor the film was ever going to be realistic.
    I like that it isn't. I love that the movie really is as silly as the series was - and that Bradley Cooper has quite a few scenes where he isn't wearing a shirt. (Sorry. I also like him as an actor. Him being shirtless at times is only a nice bonus.)
    And I actually liked the dialogue - even though there was so much pathos in there, you couldn't help but roll your eyes at times - and the villain too. For once, the villain was cool. Both of them, actually.

Oh, and the soundtrack! I adore Alan Silvestri for it!

Blog Entries
    I saw Black Swan the other day, really good. I loved how a few scenes were shot, both to show the changes in the main character and some were just really cool. Natalie Portman really deserves an Oscar for it in my opinion. I had heard so good things about it that I was kinda expecting it to be better than Requiem for a dream but I still think RFD is better

8 out of 10
    I hope death is joyful, and I hope I'll never return -Frida Khalo

If I seem insensitive to what you are going through, understand it's the way I am- Mr. Spock

Personally, I think that the unique and supreme delight lies in the certainty of doing 'evil'–and men and women know from birth that all pleasure lies in evil. - Baudelaire

Pin - 1988 - 7.5/10

I liked it. Cool concept. Well done. Pretty creepy.

It is his eyes I adore janeeyre88's Avatar
    Well, definitely not my choice for a movie but went to see Justin Bieber movie last night with my 7 year old daughter. I thought it was going to be really painful but it actually was not as bad as I figured. I would say 5 out of 10.
    "The ease of his manner freed me from painful restraint; the friendly frankness, as correct as cordial, with which he treated me, drew me to him." Jane Eyre

Eeeeeew. Biiieeeber.

I watched Red Riding 1974, Red Riding 1980, and Red Riding 1983. Pretty cool series. Enjoyed it. The mood and style of the films are great. I feel awful but I had to watch the films with English subtitles because I couldn't catch every line of what I assume is a pretty true Yorkshire accent. Any degree of mumbling will send that sort of stuff right over my head. I watch a fair amount of British productions but sometimes they still confound me. I had to do that with Gary Oldman's "Nil By Mouth" too. And Lynn Ramsey's "Ratcatcher." Anyway, 8/10.

Blog Entries
    I watched Shutter Island at the weekend. It was pretty good with a good twist.

8/10

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Invader's from Mars on youtube. It was AWESOME! ly bad that is. No, it was great. I saw this movie when I was about 9 or 10 years old, after school one day and it scared the c*** out of me. I have always remembered the beginning and the ending and I've wanted to see it again for a long time. It was much, much cheesier than I remembered (why did that surprise me?), the acting was, quite simply, atrocious, the sets could have been made by me and my schoolmates, but all in all, I'd give it a 9/10. A classic, in all senses of the word.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka