Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 255 of 478 FirstFirst ... 155205245250251252253254255256257258259260265305355 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,825 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Blog Entries
    Green Mile- 10/10! Really inspiring..powerfully-told story that lays bare the triumphs and tragedies of the human condition.

read the movie review

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    We watched Schindler's List today during our History incursion. Wow. Very well done and powerful... But too much gore and blood and nudity really... Especially after the documentary we watched before it! Too much to handle for someone like me.

I love the line "Power is when we have every justification to kill, and we don't"

9/10

Blog Entries
    sprinks, "Schindler's List" is a very fine movie indeed; it is quite hard to digest, I agree. I have wanted to re-watch it sometime but one has to brace one's self to do so. It is pretty blantant with the cruelty and the blood, death, etc.
    That is a great line.

eyemaker, "Green Mile" - 10/10 - YES!!! Great film! My mother and my sister kept telling me to see it and finally I broke down and did. It was amazing and the performances were terrific.

I saw a few films this week: I saw "Roman Holiday" 10/10 - I have seen it so many times but I never tire of it.

I also saw "High Season" with Jacquline Bisset and James Fox and a very young Kenneth Branagh. I have seen this film, which is set in Greece, Rhodes, and I think it is always just as humorous and human. I love this film. I needed something light and short so I watched it the other night. The scenery is so beautiful on the island....gorgeous night swim in a moonlight blue sea with Bisset and Branagh....worth it just to see that part.

I also watched "Fried Green Tomatoes" and forgot just how great that film really was. Jessica Tandy was a wonderful actress and all the acting was top-notch. I loved it!

I also saw an adaptation of D.H.Lawrence's "The Rainbow" which aired on the BBC TV. On the flip side of the DVD was a play by Lawrence - "The Widowing of Mrs. Holroyd" and stared Colin Firth as the husband. Both productions were well worth viewing. My only criticism of "The Rainbow" was that they cut some of the scenes and I was disappointed in that. I saw those on Youtube and so I knew they were missing. It is a pity because the production was very well done.
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Blog Entries
    Well, it was a documentary...

"Screamers"--over the Armenian Genocide. Very good but disturbing film. I actually got to meet the director/producer/editor. 10/10

OH! I saw Brideshead Revisted! It was really good...but a tad bit confusing in some parts. 9/10

Blog Entries
    Mortis, I love documentaries and I also loved "Brideshead Revisited"...I also read the book. It well deserves a 10/10 - I agree.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Mortis, I love documentaries and I also loved "Brideshead Revisited"...I also read the book. It well deserves a 10/10 - I agree.
    I haven't read the book...I'll definetly have to read it though, because I loved the film. It was an amazing cast.

Documentaries is what I mainly watch now, but not only serious documentaries.

There is a new indie film called Baghead...I haven't heard much about it, but I was just wondering if anyone had seen it...?

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Haha yes, Janine, the name does happen to be one Anthony Hopkins

Yes, I'm still working my way around these new changes. It'll take some time I'm sure. Yes, thank you, I did have a good summer. How about yourself?

Oh, and I did see something new recently.

Awake- I can't really give it a score right now. I need to see it again. I must say though, Hayden Christensen is AWEFUL.
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Classic*Charm* View Post
    Haha yes, Janine, the name does happen to be one Anthony Hopkins
    Kind of thought so.....hey, *Classic* isn't it 'Sir Anthony'?

Yes, I'm still working my way around these new changes. It'll take some time I'm sure. Yes, thank you, I did have a good summer. How about yourself?
    It was great, because I became a grandma. My son's wife had a girl in May. I adore my little Brooke Elise. You can see her photos in my profile page along with my other albums...please stop by soon. Glad your summer was great, too.

Oh, and I did see something new recently.
    Awake- I can't really give it a score right now. I need to see it again. I must say though, Hayden Christensen is AWEFUL.
    Well Hayden Christensen is really cute, but you say he was awful; I saw him in something not too long ago (can't remember), not a Star War movie and I thought he was good. Wasn't he also in "Life as a House" with Kevin Kline? I loved that movie. Does he star in "Awake" - what is it about?

Procrastinator General *Classic*Charm*'s Avatar
    Leaning on this broken fence, between Past and Present tense
    Blog Entries
    Oh, my mistake. Of course, how could I forget the title!

Aww she's gorgeous! Yes, I was still around when she was born in may. I'm glad grandmotherhood is treating you well- it doesn't surprise me in the least!

Awake was a thriller, about this guy who has surgery, but remains "awake" despite being put under general anesthetic. So he can hear everything that goes on and feel everything they do to him, but to everyone else it seems like he's asleep. I still have to wrap my head around it. It also starred Jessica Alba. Yeah, Hayden was really unimpressive. Ironically, after having just seen it, my physics professor decided to write him into an example problem today. Something about tension in the rope that's preventing him form falling to is death...
    I'm weary with right-angles, abbreviated daylight,
    Waiting for a winter to be done.
    Why do I still see you in every mirrored window,
    In all that I could never overcome?

I've seen "Awake" which is a great movie... a bit disturbing but great... 10/10

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by *Classic*Charm* View Post
    Oh, my mistake. Of course, how could I forget the title!
    Yeah, *Classic*, you are slipping. Well, I guess normally, you just refer to him as "Anthony, my love"...on first name basis by now.

Aww she's gorgeous! Yes, I was still around when she was born in may. I'm glad grandmotherhood is treating you well- it doesn't surprise me in the least!
    I thought you might have been around then. I was raving then like a typical first grandma. We think she is the living end. I haven't seen her now for almost 3 weeks actually. There have been so many complications; I was not feeling well, then their daycare fell through, so now my son had to switch his work schedule to night so he can care for her in the daytime. I guess you have to do what you have to do when you have a little one. She certainly is worth it - she is a wonderful baby; so happy and sweet.

Awake was a thriller, about this guy who has surgery, but remains "awake" despite being put under general anesthetic. So he can hear everything that goes on and feel everything they do to him, but to everyone else it seems like he's asleep. I still have to wrap my head around it. It also starred Jessica Alba. Yeah, Hayden was really unimpressive. Ironically, after having just seen it, my physics professor decided to write him into an example problem today. Something about tension in the rope that's preventing him form falling to is death...
    I had heard about this film. It actually sounds too scary for me since I have had surgeries and hate the mere thought of being able to experience it and yet have them think I was asleep. They actually do have a drug that paralyzes a person, so they don't thrash around and yet they are aware of everything. This movie sounds like that. When I heard of the drug and that they use it on say terminally ill people it made me so sad and disturbed. Some people claim that those in comas can actually hear things also and comprehend them - what a thought - just horrid. Some true things are worse than horror stories!

Blog Entries
    A Hard Days Night 10/10, I love the Beatles, they're so cute.
    Little one, Fate might miscarry.
    Little one, why do you tarry?
    Little one, When May I marry you?
    My little one.

Last night "The Blues Brothers," entertaining as ever -- so many car chases.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    eyemaker, "Green Mile" - 10/10 - YES!!! Great film! My mother and my sister kept telling me to see it and finally I broke down and did. It was amazing and the performances were terrific.
    Certainly it really was terrific! My Aunt never stopped crying in the latter parts when John Coffey was about to be executed.. She actually bought a DVD for herself...

"The test of a first-rate intelligence is the ability to hold two opposed ideas in mind at the same time and still retain the ability to function. One should, for example, be able to see that things are hopeless and yet be determined to make them otherwise."

-- F. Scott Fitzgerald

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by eyemaker View Post
    Certainly it really was terrific! My Aunt never stopped crying in the latter parts when John Coffey was about to be executed.. She actually bought a DVD for herself...
    Yes, one needed a whole box of tissues, by that point. It was a very touching and emotional film. Even my mother, who does not really like sad, tragic films, found this one to be "wonderful".