Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 354 of 478 FirstFirst ... 254304344349350351352353354355356357358359364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Dancing Across Borders -- Cambodia to the USA, great true story.

riding a cosmic vortex MystyrMystyry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Blade Runner - a perrenial favorite for atmosphere. I play it in the background about once a week, and have done for decades. It's a mellow ambience to me: very familiar and like a meditation. Also because there are various versions (one with a voice over) it's like a down-beat symphony interpreted by different conductors. Also the score by Vangelis can heard in isolation (and it's a three cd set)

But the last new movie that I enjoyed was a little gem from Italy (unfortunately I didn't write the name down) but it was about two brothers, one who has the talent and potential to be a great director, and how the elder brother's greed, jealousy and selfishness directly destroys the younger's chances of the greater good.

Brilliant - 10/10

Anyone seen it? I'd love to see it again

Blog Entries
    I just watched "The Time Travelers Wife" last weekend. It was much better than I had fist anticipated.
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

Blog Entries
    My wife and I just finished leaving the theater where we tried to watch "How Do You Know?" The movie's probably still going on, but we figured there were better things to do.

Lianai Tonggao . Its performers include Wang Lihong and Liu Yifei . It is about the love between one star singer and one university student . I don't think it' a very good movie but i am interested to watch the movie completely due to its performers . Haha
    活在当下

2001: A Space Odyssey...It was just an all around masterpiece. 5/5.

riding a cosmic vortex MystyrMystyry's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Last night - Apocalyto. Complete knockout about the last days of Aztec Civilisation, and much much more!

You owe it to yourself to beg, buy, borrow, even steal, to see this one

10/10 from I

All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    The Kids are Alright. 8/10 The acting is good. I enjoyed it.

Love and Other Drugs. Loved it. this one is a winner. The plot isn't all that original, but the way the story is told and the acting move this out of the realm of the completely ordinary. 9/10.

Black Swan. Creepy. I love it, but for some reason it makes me think of Psycho. Probably because the main characters of each are brother and sister. The only difference is that fewer people actually die in this one. 9/10 Nothing's perfect, after all...
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

Blog Entries
    Twilight Eclipse

Blog Entries
    I just watched Inception (again) last night. I'm still in love with it, even though everytime I watch it I have to explain it to my mother.

10/10.
    "I drag myself out of nightmares each morning and find there's no relief in waking."

I have just watched MOONSTRUCK (again) with Cher and Nicolas Cage, it is a gem 10 / 10

Blog Entries
    Predators.

There were some twists! It was an ok 6/10

ésprit de l’escalier DanielBenoit's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Inception - Good thriller. Nothing special. Mostly just Hollywood high-tech psuedo-intellectualism. Miles above any thriller made in the past few years and far more intelligent, but nothing all that great and a rather poor use of surrealist techniques. Entertaining though, but still as formulaic and manipulative as the heist the characters pull of. 5.5/10
    Last edited by DanielBenoit; 12-30-2010 at 02:29 AM.
    The Moments of Dominion
    That happen on the Soul
    And leave it with a Discontent
    Too exquisite — to tell —
    -Emily Dickinson
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TVW8GCnr9-I
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ckGIvr6WVw4

Last movie I saw was "Black Swan".

I give it an 8.5 out of 10. There were not many 'standout' performances (except for Vincent Cassel), even though the cast was uniformly excellent, but the direction by Darren Aronofsky carried the film to new heights. It was different, but if anything, I thought two of his earlier films, "Pi" and "Requiem for A Dream" were more accessible.
    "We look at the world, at governments, across the spectrum, some with more freedom, some with less. And we observe that the more repressive the State is, the closer life under it resembles Death. If dying is deliverance into a condition of total non-freedom, then the State tends, in the limit, to Death. The only way to address the problem of the State is with counter-Death, also known as Chemistry." -- Thomas Pynchon, Against the Day

The Reader = 10/10 it was wonderful, the fact that I had read the book also helped. Sooo very good.