Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 473 of 478 FirstFirst ... 373423463468469470471472473474475476477478 LastLast
Results 7,081 to 7,095 of 7159

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Blog Entries
    I forgot to rate it and I can't seem to edit my posts anymore. I would give The Boss Baby a 5/10. It wasn't as bad as Table 19.

Last night I saw the eighth film in the Fast and Furious series "The Fate of the Furious". https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the...f_the_furious/ It got a reasonably good rating from Rotten Tomatoes, but I am more inclined to rate it higher--actually 10/10.

It made me wonder why I liked these movies so much. This is the best I can come up with at the moment. Based on Jonathan Haidt's moral foundation theory, this movie fits squarely in the tension between individual rights and group loyalty. The theme of "family" is constantly emphasized as characterizing the good guys. The bad guy (bad girl in this episode) belittled the family idea talking about it as some neural delusion that she had advanced beyond in her intellectual superiority. She got her butt kicked in the end, but she escaped perhaps for a future episode.

Blog Entries
    I saw Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/gua..._galaxy_vol_2/

This is very similar to the Fast and the Furious movies except for the technology. In both, family is the critical idea and there are people with advanced "scientific" perspectives who are intent on harming that family. Those superior bad guys get their butts kicked. The main characters are very skilled but they are social outcasts who nonetheless save the world or galaxy and then go back to their simpler lives.

Score: 10/10

Blog Entries
    I saw the first Guardians of the Galaxy last night. It shows how the guardians got started. Again family is the crucial theme throughout the movie. Score: 10/10

On the road, but not! Danik 2016's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I didnŽt see these Guardia movies but the plot sounds familiar to me
    "I seemed to have sensed also from an early age that some of my experiences as a reader would change me more as a person than would many an event in the world where I sat and read. "
    Gerald Murnane, Tamarisk Row

Blog Entries
    I normally don't watch science fiction, but the library had them on display and there was no good comedy on the shelves. I tried them because Rotten Tomatoes gave them a high rating.

Just viewed a wonderful movie on TV made in Israel "Restoration" it had me spellbound and is still with me, Sasson Gabai played the lead father character who has discovered that an old Steinway in his furniture restoring shop if restored will sell and save him from losing the business and in the process could lose him his loving son. A great twist at the end.Great casting, a wonderful story.

My last movie was actually from 2007 "Les chansons dŽamour" I think it was pretty good 9/10

Blog Entries
    I'll look for Les chansons d'amour and Restoration in the library today.

Blog Entries
    I couldn't find either of those movies, but I tried to watch Horrible Bosses 2 last night. I couldn't quite make it through the whole thing.

Blog Entries
    I saw Snatched: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/snatched_2017/

The critics at Rotten Tomatoes didn't like it. Neither did the real people. I wonder why I chuckled through it? There were moronic moments in this comedy I am glad I witnessed, but I don't think I'd want to see them again. Score: 7.5/10

Blog Entries
    I saw the 2008 comedy "Ghost Town" a couple nights ago: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1190970_ghost_town

In this case the Rotten Tomatoes critics where closer to the truth than the rest of us. I would give this a 10/10.

The movie is about an anti-social dentist who dies for a few minutes during a routine procedure. After that he can see dead people who need to find a way to communicate with the living so they can move on. It turns out he is now their medium against his will. He resists helping them but one particularly annoying ghost keeps bugging him to stop his widow from marrying someone else. She lives in the same building as the dentist and he has been particularly annoying to her. That doesn't stop him from falling in love with her himself, but the problem is he is anti-social. This is a comedy, so everything works out in the end. There is one line from this movie, which is not all that important, that I can't get out of my head. The dentist reminds a patient to floss by saying, "You only have to floss those you want to keep."

Blog Entries
    I saw the new The Mummy. Technically it is well done, but it was rather boring. Even Rotten Tomatoes didn't like it: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/the_mummy_2017/ Score 3/10

Now the 1999 movie with Brendan Fraser was far better: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1087270_mummy Score: 10/10

A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Blog Entries
    Night Moves by directed by Kelly Reichardt

She's and excellent independent filmmaker.

Blog Entries
    Just saw the movie The Dark Tower.
    Very disappointing indeed.
    After plunging through the reading of all those books, I'd have thought the movie would have done some justice...NOT...Grrr!
    As far as the reading of the Dark Tower series, the first book was the best, in my humble opinion.
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Blog Entries
    I saw the 2007 movie "License to Wed" last night: https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/1175072_license_to_wed It was pretty rotten. Perhaps 2/10 as the critics more or less gave it. The humor didn't make sense to me or rather it made too much sense to be humorous.

However, the 2003 "Anger Management" which was on a similar theme was quite enjoyable, as I remember, even though the critics thought this was rotten as well (but not so much): https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/112...ger_management It was at least funny.