Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 184 of 476 FirstFirst ... 84134174179180181182183184185186187188189194234284 ... LastLast
Results 2,746 to 2,760 of 7136

Thread: What is the last movie you saw? and rate it.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amalia1985 View Post
    "Sweeney Todd"
    Definitely 10/10
    Wow, I have to get to the theaters fast!

Amalia, you rated it a 10/10 - splendid!

It must be a good one. A 'must see' (on the big screen)... for me real soon....
    "It's so mysterious, the land of tears."

Chapter 7, The Little Prince ~ Antoine de Saint-Exupéry

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Wow, I have to get to the theaters fast!

Amalia, you rated it a 10/10 - splendid!

It must be a good one. A 'must see' (on the big screen)... for me real soon....
    I told you that I saw it twice, Janine, right? Well, that was my reason to do so. I wanted to see it on the big screen again! I wanted to see it one more time before it will be forever scrunched down to television size! Musicals are always better on a big movie screen!

By the way, Janine, rumor has it that those pictures are showing up on the "Crushes" thread if you still want to see all of them!

From the mountains to the prairies to the oceans white with foam
    Blog Entries
    I saw Juno and The Great Debaters yesterday. Entertaining, heartwarming; shocking, rousing.
    I'm in love with The Vinegar Man and Mr. Tanner, but be careful, it could just as easily be you.

"If you're going to write you better have somewhere to come from." Flannery O'Connor

the nanny diaries 2/10

I think the last movie I saw was Serenity.

Great movie, 10/10. Just everything about it, even if I tend to dislike Sci-Fi. Funny, exciting, sad...great movie. Joss Whedon certainly can write.
    "I know they tell ya, you never hit a man with a closed fist, but it is, on occasion, hilarious."

The last one was "Juno"- pretty good and touching. 8/10

Quote Originally Posted by Mal Reynolds View Post
    I think the last movie I saw was Serenity.

Great movie, 10/10. Just everything about it, even if I tend to dislike Sci-Fi. Funny, exciting, sad...great movie. Joss Whedon certainly can write.
    I love that movie! I can watch it over and over again and it never gets old. It's an odd movie for me to like too because it has such a serious Western tinge to it and I hate Westerns but it works for me in this movie.

I just saw Blame it On Fidel and I really liked it. It had a wierd nonending but that seems to be fairly typical of French films.
    the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by LadyWentworth View Post
    I told you that I saw it twice, Janine, right? Well, that was my reason to do so. I wanted to see it on the big screen again! I wanted to see it one more time before it will be forever scrunched down to television size! Musicals are always better on a big movie screen!
    Yes you told us all, LW! (at least twice) I really loved your reviews and they did get me interested. You know a lot about these musicals so they really were quite informative and I take your advice. Just was cusious to see what (hard marking ) amalia, had to say about the film. I was out shopping last night and when I was at the electronic's store there was a long trailer playing on one of the HD TV's of guess what?
    Yes! Sweeny Todd....wow, I have to admit that got me even more interested. They had the sound way down, so I could not hear any music or singing, but I am sure it was good. Did you ever see JD in "Cry Baby"? He did all his own singing in that, played the guitar, too. It was quite impressive. Anyway, I hope I can see it on the silver screen also, and not 'scrunched down to TV size', as you put it. Musicals are always better and more dynamic on the big screen.

By the way, Janine, rumor has it that those pictures are showing up on the "Crushes" thread if you still want to see all of them!
    Yeah, I finally saw them and they were great! I posted some more of our KB. Go and look today if you have the chance. The first one is pretty funny!
    Last edited by Janine; 01-05-2008 at 05:05 PM.

"Reign of Fire"
    -1/10
    ...I don't know why I let my friends persuade me to watch that THING....
    None are more hopelessly enslaved than those who falsely believe that they are free.
    -Goethe

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by amalia1985 View Post
    "Reign of Fire"
    -1/10
    ...I don't know why I let my friends persuade me to watch that THING....
    Wow, amalia, that must be a really bad film - a one out of a ten! what is it about? I will definitely stay clear of that one. Who is in it?

I just looked it up on Amazon and people are giving it a 3 1/2 stars, but that hardly means anything to me. It sounds like it has a lot of special effects - ugh. I see that Matthew McConaughey and Christian Bale are in it. It does not even look at all like Matthew McConaughey. Do you like his acting? Just curious.
    Last edited by Janine; 01-05-2008 at 05:20 PM.

Blog Entries
    Animatrix.
    I was actually quite impressed by the different animation styles.

Welcome to the Dollhouse - The main character is a very unpopular Jr. High girl with the unfortunate last name of "Weiner". Not much of a plot but stil pretty good. Eric Mabius (from Ugly Betty) plays a long haired singer.

3.5/5
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    The Cutting Edge - 7 or 8 out of ten

Hitchhiker's Guidde to the Galaxy - 8

Garfield tale of two kitties - 7

Tommy Boy - 8 / 10

think that's about it.

Lock, Stock, and Two Smoking Barrels - Slightly confusing between all the groups but still great.

4/5
    Do, or do not. There is no try. - Yoda

Blog Entries
    I saw StarDust. 11/10. There are a lot of fantasy movies out there, and I have to say, this is one of the best I've seen (behind LOTR of course). I do wish someone besides Claire Danes could have been the star. I do like Claire Danes, but I just think she is too plain to play the star. She's a pretty girl, but she is more suitable for those all-american girl roles. But, she is likable enough, and since no one else for the part comes to mind, I guess she was the best choice afterall.

Robert Di Niro was hilarious in his part, and the actor who played Tristan was very nice to look at.
    Last edited by Shalot; 01-05-2008 at 11:47 PM.
    "...if you weren't smart enough to get a pedophile in a dress to put a small amount of water on the child’s forehead, then what the eff did you think was going to happen?