Thread: Christian anarchism

Christian anarchism

As far as I know, the socio-philosophical stand of Tolstoy is labeled Christian anarchism, largely based on this work. Radical thought is indeed evident/ up to the point I have read it/, but there are some essential differences for example between his propositions/ mainly because of non-agressive approach, which actually influences Ghandi/ and Bachunin as an exponent of the revolutionary current...I am asking where exactly is the revolutionary line in Tolstoy- in his rejection of the state dominance/ I have not yet explicitly met rejection of the state itself/...or in his Christian nonconformist standpoint? What do you think about this? Are we to throw Tolstoy's humanistic ideas in the hyenic dominance of idealogies?
    Se puede matar el hombre
    Pero no mataran la forma
    En que se alegraba su alma
    Cuando souaba ser libre
    They can kill a man/but they cannot kill the way /his soul rejoices/when it dreams/that it is free
    A folklore song from Venecuela

Champion Pierogi Eater Mr. Vandemar's Avatar
    Tolstoy advocates nonviolent resistance to oppression. This tactic is what won India independence from Britain. His ideas are criticisms of the state, of all states, and are what brings him the label "anarchist". He rejected the term because it connotated violence, and the main concern of his writings was to point out the absurdity of it (more important than denouncing the state...the state is part of the subject of "violence). He is more of a pacifist than an anarchist (not to say that the two contradict eachother, just that you are suggesting that they do).

He pursues peace through anarchism.
    Last edited by Mr. Vandemar; 12-27-2008 at 07:41 PM. Reason: typo (3 times)

If you want something that built on the ideas of Tolstoy and such, read this: http://www.geocities.com/vonchloride...ist-jesus.html