Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 5 of 61 FirstFirst 123456789101555 ... LastLast

Thread: The Boast Post

Thinking...thinking! dramasnot6's Avatar
    thanks pensive!
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

Jane Austen, Pride and Prejudice

Suzerain of Cost&Caution SleepyWitch's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I've started writing a short story.
    It's a whopping 15 A4 pages already.
    It's got a beginning, a middle and en end.
    All the characters are entirely ficitve, except some little mannerisms I copied from RL people.
    Maybe I'll finish it by tomorrow or the day after.
    = *great success*!

on the downside, I haven't done much else than write on the story *lazy Witch*

weer mijn koekjestrommel Schokokeks's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SleepyWitch View Post
    Yay, that's great ! Come back when you're published, 'kay ?

Nej, seriously, congratulations for having written such a great deal already .

PS: It is scientifically proven and approved by many experts in the field that eating lots of chocolate cookies has positive effects on your creativity .
    "Where mind meets matter, both should woo!"
    Currently reading:
    * Paradise Lost by John Milton

Blog Entries
    hehe
    Schoko: It's come back to publish, not when you're published
    I want to put it up on here

grrrrrrrr, i have to translate Kant into English. I wish I could boast I'd already finished the translation

PS: You have just volunteered to read and criticize my story

Blog Entries
    All the characters are entirely ficitve, except some little mannerisms I copied from RL people.
    = *great success*!

OK, I forgive you for not starting Antony and Cleopatra.

Are you going to submit it to lit net competition? Are we still doing that in 2007? I hope so. I've got a new story running through my head that I was going to try to write over Christmas time off.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." – St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Seeker of Knowledge Shannanigan's Avatar
    St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands...that's in the Caribbean for you lost ones...
    Blog Entries
    Awwww...thank you to everybody for all the congrats! I don't get a trophy because my uni is a little too poor for such extravagant spending, instead I get a t-shirt that has my name on it and says I won. Hey, free clothes that boast for me, I'm not one to complian!

I haven't been around much lately because of final papers and exams, this semester was a mess...

wow, that sounds like a lot of mess!
    when is your director coming back?

(another swimming boast: did 2000m the day before yesterday and another 2000m last night; I'm taking a few days "off" after the exam, so I had lots of time to go swimming)
    The director comes back next semester, which starts next month, thank God. My goodness that is a lot of swimming girl! I bow down to you....

Quote Originally Posted by Therapy? View Post
    oooooh boasting is GOOD for you? And all this time I thought being modest was a virtue.....

Well I aced my BMAT (bio-medical admissions test) which automatically shortlists me for entry into UCL for medicine - I scored in the top 5% for one of the sections!
    Wow! Congratulations! That is really cool, you must be good
    You learn more about a road by travelling it than by consulting all of the maps in the world.

Seeker of Knowledge Shannanigan's Avatar
    St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands...that's in the Caribbean for you lost ones...
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by kathycf View Post
    Heehee...side comment...that's the same kind of bow that I used (recurve bow)...sorry, that amuses me
    You learn more about a road by travelling it than by consulting all of the maps in the world.

= *great success*!

i hope i'm not too late to give my congrats! Congratulations SleepyWitch! I'm sure it will be amazing.
    I declare after all there is no enjoyment like reading! How much sooner one tires of anything than of a book! When I have a house of my own, I shall be miserable if I have not an excellent library.

I just took my LSATs on Saturday, and I'm almost certain I've scored high enough to attend the law school of my choice.

(The only downside to this is that once in law school I will not be able to read as much literature as I like.)
    "A man can live and be healthy without killing animals for food; therefore, if he eats meat he participates in taking animal life merely for the sake of his appetite. And to act so is immoral." -Leo Tolstoy

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Virgil View Post
    OK, I forgive you for not starting Antony and Cleopatra.

Are you going to submit it to lit net competition? Are we still doing that in 2007? I hope so. I've got a new story running through my head that I was going to try to write over Christmas time off.
    it's way above the word limit unless we launch a long short story competition

Quote Originally Posted by davoarid View Post
    I just took my LSATs on Saturday, and I'm almost certain I've scored high enough to attend the law school of my choice.

(The only downside to this is that once in law school I will not be able to read as much literature as I like.)
    Congratulations! I'm sure youll be able to read a bit on the side, and maybe learning about law will enhance your reading experience? Knowledge about almost anything helps in appreciating a text.

Blog Entries
    i stayed at univ till ten with a friend last Thursday to finish off an A0 poster about our London field trip.
    when i came home i couldn't sleep till 2 a.m. and then I got up at 8, went to univ again to have to poster printed.
    in the afternoon i went to a linguistics talk and it turned out i forgot whatever I knew about linguistics because my Education exams dragged on for half a year.
    so i didn't know what the guy was talking about and felt miserable
    then I felt even more miserable and felt miserable about feeling miserable and then I kicked my own *ss and decided to do something about it and do some revision

Told I have a good chance of getting three A's this year in College. Though I doubt I will, I'm too laided back to get such good marks...
    http://www.online-literature.com/forums/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=25028&dateline=116563  2865
    I may disagree strongly with what you have to say, but I will die to defend your right to say it.

Albano Laziale, Italy / Pennsylvania, USA
    Blog Entries
    i . . . uh . . . am almost finished with my book? got a good PSAT score? i don't know what to brag about . . . ooh, yes i do know - i'm a good boaster!
    No day but today

-God is real, unless proclaimed integer-

X (or) Y=X and Y=-X Jean-Baptiste's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    I want to add my boasts to the grand and commendable ones already on this thread. Congratulations everyone!

I recieved A's in all of my classes this term. I got 100% on my math final, as well as 100%'s on a couple of the regular tests. (My dad said I was in the wrong major. ) I got 100% on my biology test. I got 100% on the portfolio for all work completed in my fiction writing class. And I did pretty well in speech class. It's so much fun getting perfect scores! Perhaps that's only because it doesn't happen all the time. It would surely become very dull--any drawnout period of perfection.
    These fragments I have shored against my ruins

James Joyce, the pirate. Why don't you write books people can read? -Nora Barnacle

Insupportable claim: Reading my stories will make you a better person. Do your best to prove me right. http://www.online-literature.com/for...ad.php?t=20367