Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 54 of 316 FirstFirst ... 444495051525354555657585964104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by bluevictim View Post
    I'm sure many people would find it very interesting. I, for one, have a lot to learn, since just about everything I know about Ireland comes from watching Lucky Charms commercials.

Pink hearts! Yellow moons! Orange stars! Green clovers! Purple horseshoes! Frosted Lucky Charms -- they're magically delicious!

Quote Originally Posted by Idril View Post
    Those pictures are beautiful Niamh! Like Bluevictim, I'm not that fluent in Irish history either but it's long been a place I've wanted to visit. I'm not much of a blog reader but I may just read yours if it's educational.
    fair enough! I'll start thinking up stuff to tell you all about Ireland then. I'll do up a blog entry soon so keep watching that spot! Anything particular request?
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Blog Entries
    I went on a 4 day vacation to Udaipur and Mount Abu, it's in western region of India in Rajasthan.

Here are some pics to share. Once all get uploaded, i'll post more. These are of the places I visited in Udaipur city.

1) This picture shows the rising Sun. Many Hindu rulers used to worship Sun god.

2) An elephant carving at the entrance.

3) An arch at the entrance.

4) This equipment is an ancient way for making rose water. You will see a furnace and this huge pot, inside which there are rose petals and water. The manner of making rose water is, that when petals and water boil, condensation happens and the water that distills is gathered in another pot, which is later used as rose water.

5) View of the City palace of Udaipur from Pichola lake

6) This bench is inside the garden known as Sahelion ki badi. It was made for the Kings daughter, where she would come with her friends.

7) Shield & Sword at the entrance

8) A statue of Maharana Pratap and his horse called Chetak. This horse is considered very loyal and courageous. During the battle, when Chetak got injured with one leg missing, he took his master to a safe place before expiring. He jumped a 22 ft long empty stretch between two small hills.

9) This image (in black) is showing how the battle was fought, before Chetak got injured.

10) Picture of a China rose.

11) This is also a very ancient way of making Sugarcane juice, it is no longer practiced. The place that we were visiting kept these as attraction for the visitors and to show them how things were done in those days.

The bull will be moving in a circular motion and will make the wheels turn, the cane is then put between the wheels and crushed to make the juice, its then collected in a pot and later served in glasses.

12) Outside you could also go for a camel ride. Camels were the common means of transport in early days and in some villages, I believe this will still be the means of transport. The people with turbans you see are the locals (Rajasthani's ) who make their living by such rides.

13) A puppet show

I will post more images, as I have tonnes of pictures
    Charms strike the sight, but merit wins the soul.

Be the change you wish to see

Blog Entries
    Those pics are wonderful Madhuri! Sould have been going to India today but couldnt afford it.*sniff*
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Niamh View Post
    Those pics are wonderful Madhuri! Sould have been going to India today but couldnt afford it.*sniff*
    Thanks, Niamh

Don't worry, you will surely be visiting India soon, and these pictures are of the places that you had planned to visit earlier. These places are worth visiting, you will definitely enjoy here, whenever you plan come .

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Gorgeous pictures, Maddie.
    Calvin: You canít just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Very nice pictures, Madhuri! Loved them!
    I sang of leaves, of leaves of gold, and leaves of gold there grew.

Blog Entries
    Beautiful pictures Maddie. Thank you.
    LET THERE BE LIGHT

"Love follows knowledge." Ė St. Catherine of Siena

My literature blog: http://ashesfromburntroses.blogspot.com/

Blog Entries
    Thank you guys

In continuation here are some more pictures from inside of the City palace

1) This is the place where the Rani's (queens) would get ready. Notice that the walls and the ceiling has mirrors. The red coloured material hanging from the ceiling is a fan, and the string coming out of it (from the center) was used to move it; some maid would sit outside of the room and pull the string to move the fan.

2) This is a place for the Rani's to lounge around on a swing.

3) This is the waiting area, where the Rani's would wait for the Raja (king) after getting ready.

4) This is the chamber of a king who had polio. Although, he was married he never really live like a married person, and his needs were simple.

Blog Entries
    Some more pics

5) A peacock carved on the palace wall.

6) A dome

7) A window below the dome

8) Another picture of Sun, decorated with jewels. This particular structure is made of real gold.

Blog Entries
    *gasps*
    W.B.Yeats

Blog Entries
    Here are some of the photos I have taken- mostly in KY :They are basically all natural pictures, landscapes, etc.

(that's my dog, Jake )

They aren't very good but they capture Kentucky well, I think.
    "O reason, reason, abstract phantom of the waking state, I had already expelled you from my dreams, now I have reached a point where those dreams are about to become fused with apparent realities: now there is only room here for myself. "
    -Louis Aragon

Madhuri, those are very fascinating pictures from India. That palace is so ornate!

AdoreroDio, I really like those landscape shots. I couldn't figure out what the last picture was, though.
    Optima dies ... prima fugit

Blog Entries
    It's sort of abstract but it's a walk way- with gravel, grass, and concrete.
    "O reason, reason, abstract phantom of the waking state, I had already expelled you from my dreams, now I have reached a point where those dreams are about to become fused with apparent realities: now there is only room here for myself. "
    -Louis Aragon

Quote Originally Posted by AdoreroDio View Post
    It's sort of abstract but it's a walk way- with gravel, grass, and concrete.
    aaah... now I get it. Thanks.
    Optima dies ... prima fugit

Blog Entries
    These are from my trip to Washington D.C.---which was amazing by the way!

Arlington National Cemetary---changing of the guard

Who do you think won?