Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 51 of 349 FirstFirst ... 41464748495051525354555661101151 ... LastLast

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

Quote Originally Posted by Janine View Post
    Idril, I forgot to mention those frogs - they are adorable. Where can I get some?
    I'm not sure, I'd have to ask my parents but I have no doubt they came from a catalog, my parents are big catalog shoppers which makes sense since they live in the middle of nowhere.

And since you all like the flower pictures, here's just one more and I promise, I'll stop. These were popping out of a rock wall by what is referred to as the "east porch".

the luminous grass of the prairie hides
    feet lovely and still as sleeping doves,
    porcelain bones strong enough to carry a life,
    but weighty and unmovable
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Blog Entries
    those flowers remind me that i've had this pic on my phone for months to show you all. Its a picture of the violas i planted in the back garden of my boyfriends house.

Also i'd taken these for Virgil
    Sign from house GB Shaw was born on Synge St.

And the statue of Joyce on Earl St.
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

laudator temporis acti andave_ya's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Niamh, I love the last pic! It looks like Gene Kelly strolling down Main Street in Singin in the Rain. If I ever come across it I'll be sure to hug it. and boot that guy out of the way, what does he think he's doing?
    Last edited by andave_ya; 09-09-2007 at 01:08 AM.
    "The time has come," the Walrus said,
    "To talk of many things:
    Of shoes--and ships--and sealing-wax--
    Of cabbages--and kings--
    And why the sea is boiling hot--
    And whether pigs have wings."

Blog Entries
    Janine, your pics are gorgeous! The red was awesome!

Idril, loved your purple asters, such a clear pic, too!

And Niamh, those violas are totally romantic, such lovely flowers!

Here's a trio of pix (it is hay baling time in the Prairies, and of course my favorite Wobbly Pier):

Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Lots of great pictures here!

Here are some shots of Half Dome (in Yosemite National Park in California) either by me or by a friend standing next to me (I don't remember). The lake in the foreground of the second picture is Tenaya Lake.

Hope you enjoy them!
    Optima dies ... prima fugit

Quote Originally Posted by kiz_paws View Post
    Idril, loved your purple asters, such a clear pic, too!
    I actually took about 20 pictures of those stupid flowers but it was quite windy that day, as it always is in North Dakota, so it was just hopeless getting a clear pic. I just happened to get lucky one of those 20 times.

(it is hay baling time in the Prairies, and of course my favorite Wobbly Pier):
    Those are beautiful Kiz. Harvest time is such a picturesque time on the prairie. On the way to my parents' I saw a couple of combines in a wheatfield, one slightly ahead of the other and I thought for a second or two of stopping because it was such a romantic sight but I didn't, thinking I would get another chance somewhere down the road but I never did.

Blue, your pictures are quite stunning.
    As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    beautiful pics everyone. There's so many amazing photos. You guys are so talented.
    Calvin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Idril View Post
    I actually took about 20 pictures of those stupid flowers but it was quite windy that day, as it always is in North Dakota, so it was just hopeless getting a clear pic. I just happened to get lucky one of those 20 times.
    I am glad that you were persistant -- your picture is very professional looking! It is difficult to get 'just the right take' when doing flowers, so sometimes taking quite a few just to get one 'good' one is the thing to do. It is all in good fun, anyhow, right?

Those are beautiful Kiz. Harvest time is such a picturesque time on the prairie. On the way to my parents' I saw a couple of combines in a wheatfield, one slightly ahead of the other and I thought for a second or two of stopping because it was such a romantic sight but I didn't, thinking I would get another chance somewhere down the road but I never did.
    Thank you for your nice words, Idril. Don't you just hate a missed opportunity? My hubby really hates stopping the car when I see something that really catches my fancy. Darn he is stubborn! But it does work out, just like I promise him.

The only thing that I dislike about photo-taking is that I have to wait for my pics to come back from development. I use 200 ASA film in a 35 mm camera, and this seems to be the right combination for me for colour and clarity. But waiting is the pits..

Bluevictim, your pictures are very lovely, they look just like postcards!
    Our task must be to free ourselves by widening our circle of compassion to embrace all living creatures and the whole of nature and its beauty
    ~Albert Einstein

Somewhere following my genetic imperative playing Chutes and Ladders with Time.
    Blog Entries
    All of those are so STUNNING, everyone!!! I love the flowers taken by Idril and Niamh! So fresh!

And I adore the rural pictures taken by Kiz and bluevictim...those haystack things are classic. And the pier is charming. I've only been to Yosemite once, but I thought it was so pretty. So breathtaking. Even just here looking at a picture of Half Dome...

Tomorrow always holds the promise of something new and exciting. I am the Jetsons meet the Flintstones.

Flying against the wind CdnReader's Avatar
    This was taken at Kew Gardens, inside one of the glass houses.

"Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon

CR: Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert
    JF: Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. My review is here.

Blog Entries
    i'd love to se Kew gardens!
    "Come away O human child!To the waters of the wild, With a faery hand in hand, For the worlds more full of weeping than you can understand."
    W.B.Yeats

"If it looks like a Dwarf and smells like a Dwarf, then it's probably a Dwarf (or a latrine wearing dungarees)"
    Artemins Fowl and the Lost Colony by Eoin Colfer

my poems-please comment Forum Rules

Flying against the wind CdnReader's Avatar
    It was my first time, Niamh.... I had a lovely afternoon strolling through the grounds. I really must go back....very soon. Here's another shot....

"Courage is not the absence of fear but the judgment that something else is more important than fear." -- Ambrose Redmoon

CR: Madame Bovary, by Gustave Flaubert
    JF: Pride and Prejudice, by Jane Austen. My review is here.

Two plus two is CHICKEN!! Weisinheimer's Avatar
    Blog Entries
    Those are great, Cdn. I especially like the first one, such a cool perspective.
    Calvin: You can’t just turn on creativity like a faucet. You have to be in the right mood.

Hobbes: What mood is that?

Calvin: Last-minute panic.

Those pictures of Kew Gardens are great. I really like that last shot, with the walkway. What perfectly trimmed grass!

Thanks for all the compliments on those Half Dome shots! They felt so good, I decided to post some pictures from Mount Shasta (in California).

Here's a shot of Casaval Ridge. In the background to the right you can see a horizontal band of rock just below the skyline called the Red Banks, and below that a patch of rock called the Heart.

This is a shot of Misery Hill and the summit.

This is a picture taken from the summit. In the background to the right, the bergschrund of the Whitney glacier is visible (it looks like a curved "crack" in the snow slope). I really like the clouds that are visible below the summit plateau.

(edit) By the way, I definitely do remember that these pictures were taken by my friends and not by myself, because I didn't bring a camera, but I figure it's close enough.
    Last edited by bluevictim; 09-10-2007 at 11:53 PM.
    Optima dies ... prima fugit

Those really are beautiful bluevictim. It must have been an amazing experience to be up there, somewhat otherworldly I would think.

Wednesday night I was a chaperone on a confirmation trip to some rope thing and while we were sitting there waiting for the kids to undo a knot-filled rope without letting go or using their hands , I took this picture of the surroundings. I added a little glow and it made it look positively magical, like you'd expect to see elves and fairies leep out at you. And it's proof positive that there are at least a few trees in North Dakota.

As black Dakota hills.
    ~ Riesa