Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 237 of 344 FirstFirst ... 137187227232233234235236237238239240241242247287337 ... LastLast
Results 3,541 to 3,555 of 5153

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

  1. #3541
    Maybe YesNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    9,420
    Blog Entries
    2
    That is an interesting perspective on darkness, North Star.

  2. #3542
    Registered User Tyrion Cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    That tree where the Keebler elves live
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    You've been pondering about that, have you?
    Don't get ponderous, North Star.

    Tyrion, wot intends to keep this up as long as possible
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

  3. #3543
    Registered User Tyrion Cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    That tree where the Keebler elves live
    Posts
    1,516
    P.S. I love that staircase photo, as with all your "studies in darkness." I bet all the goth chicks dig you.
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

  4. #3544
    Registered User North Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    Don't get ponderous, North Star.

    Tyrion, wot intends to keep this up as long as possible


    [Not a picture taken by me]

  5. #3545
    Registered User North Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    P.S. I love that staircase photo, as with all your "studies in darkness." I bet all the goth chicks dig you.
    Thanks, Tyrion.

    All of my "studies in darkness"? Very nicely put, I would very much like to know what photos you're referring to.

    I don't want goth chicks digging anything for me, thankyouverymuch

  6. #3546
    Registered User Tyrion Cheddar's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    That tree where the Keebler elves live
    Posts
    1,516
    Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post
    Thanks, Tyrion.

    All of my "studies in darkness"? Very nicely put, I would very much like to know what photos you're referring to.

    I don't want goth chicks digging anything for me, thankyouverymuch
    That makes one of us. I used to love me some goth chicks fierce. As for my reference, ain't you the guy who posts all them black and white shots featuring shadows, light and darkness? Sure y'are. And don't think I didn't recognize the Ponderosa, you pondweed. :-0
    Obsessed with facial symmetry.

  7. #3547
    Registered User North Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Tyrion Cheddar View Post
    That makes one of us. I used to love me some goth chicks fierce. As for my reference, ain't you the guy who posts all them black and white shots featuring shadows, light and darkness? Sure y'are.
    "[S]hadows, light and darkness" - Well, is there anything else? I suppose those dried flowers, sinister, gloomy, cloudy scenes might appeal to a goth chick. Fair enough. There's no denying that my photography is steeped in Romanticism. I tend to forget that not everyone thinks of that stuff as so elemental to photography. Some evidence from the beginning of my serious photography hobby.








  8. #3548
    A User, but Registered! tonywalt's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Cayman Palms, Cayman Islands, Cayman Islands
    Posts
    6,405
    Blog Entries
    4

  9. #3549
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Posts
    3,123
    Or perhaps pundering?

  10. #3550
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Posts
    3,123
    Good picture of Smiths Cove. Long Exposure, that must have taken quite a bit of experimenting. Great result.

  11. #3551
    Maybe YesNo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    Near Chicago, Illinois USA
    Posts
    9,420
    Blog Entries
    2
    Quote Originally Posted by North Star View Post


    It occurred to me that if I had taken this photo with my phone, I would probably have deleted it, figuring I didn't hold the camera still enough, but it looks like you did this on purpose and it is rather interesting. How did you get this effect? Just shake the camera?

  12. #3552
    Registered User North Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by YesNo View Post
    It occurred to me that if I had taken this photo with my phone, I would probably have deleted it, figuring I didn't hold the camera still enough, but it looks like you did this on purpose and it is rather interesting. How did you get this effect? Just shake the camera?
    That's it.

  13. #3553
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Posts
    3,123
    Without a mobile phone, I still don't understand how only the bottom of the photo was shaken.

  14. #3554
    Registered User North Star's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Location
    Finland
    Posts
    1,040
    Quote Originally Posted by Dreamwoven View Post
    Without a mobile phone, I still don't understand how only the bottom of the photo was shaken.
    That's because the whole image is shaken, and not just the bottom. The flowers are closer so the movement is more obvious than in the out-of-focus curtain in the back.

  15. #3555
    Registered User
    Join Date
    Oct 2010
    Location
    A rural part of Sweden, southern Norrland
    Posts
    3,123
    Ah, that explains it: thanks, North Star.

Similar Threads

  1. Pictures of Authors
    By fayefaye in forum General Literature
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-05-2019, 05:45 PM
  2. Pictures In My Mind...
    By Reichenbach in forum Personal Poetry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 12:41 AM
  3. pictures for poets
    By miss tenderness in forum Poems, Poets, and Poetry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 04:09 PM
  4. Funny Pictures of the Day
    By subterranean in forum Forum Games
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •