Buying through this banner helps support the forum!
Page 207 of 316 FirstFirst ... 107157197202203204205206207208209210211212217257307 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 4737

Thread: Pictures Taken By you...

  1. #3091
    Registered User kittypaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    where ever I happen to be at the moment
    Posts
    587
    Blog Entries
    25
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post



    I wish you could send some snow my way.
    Right now (Sunday morning) it is a balmy 60 deg F, although there is a strong cold front on the way tonight.
    Be careful what you wish for....you may just get it!

    Everyone finds himself in the world where he belongs. The essential thing is to have a fixed point from which to check its reality now and then.
    Ancient Egyptian Inner Temples

  2. #3092
    Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by kittypaws View Post
    Be careful what you wish for....you may just get it!
    Ha! thanks and it looks like we just might get some on Chrsitmas if the forecast holds up, though it will likely be a dusting only.

    After having the niece and nephew watch Forbidden Planet, Uncle Gilliatt had them work on drawing and painting skills during their weekend visit....

    Niece working on a Screetch Owl using the Audubon Society field guide as a reference:





    Both busy with the watercolors.
    I had to cringe a few times when I caught them using a scrubbing motion with the sable hair brushes:



    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

  3. #3093
    Registered User kittypaws's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    where ever I happen to be at the moment
    Posts
    587
    Blog Entries
    25

    Smile

    It is always nice to have family around at this time of year.....isn't that what it is all about?

    Keep prodding them as they seem like they enjoy being artist.

    Here is to a very Merry, Peaceful Christmas Gilliatt!

    2757229470045835107.jpg

    kittypaws
    Everyone finds himself in the world where he belongs. The essential thing is to have a fixed point from which to check its reality now and then.
    Ancient Egyptian Inner Temples

  4. #3094
    Registered User Calidore's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    5,071
    Good choice--Forbidden Planet is one of those movies that even kids who don't think they'll like old movies like.

    I have to say, that warping effect you used to hide their faces in the picture is kind of creepy, because it looks exactly like what happens in photographs of people who've been cursed in The Ring.
    You must be the change you wish to see in the world. -- Mahatma Gandhi

  5. #3095
    Snowqueen Snowqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Gilliatt Gurgle View Post
    Ha! thanks and it looks like we just might get some on Chrsitmas if the forecast holds up, though it will likely be a dusting only.

    After having the niece and nephew watch Forbidden Planet, Uncle Gilliatt had them work on drawing and painting skills during their weekend visit....

    Niece working on a Screetch Owl using the Audubon Society field guide as a reference:

    Both busy with the watercolors.
    I had to cringe a few times when I caught them using a scrubbing motion with the sable hair brushes:

    It's good to see the kids are getting some training from their genius uncle.
    My elder niece is a little artist. she is only 5 years old but very fond of making cards. She had sent me this a few months ago and I scanned it immediately.



  6. #3096
    Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by kittypaws View Post
    It is always nice to have family around at this time of year.....isn't that what it is all about?

    Keep prodding them as they seem like they enjoy being artist.

    Here is to a very Merry, Peaceful Christmas Gilliatt!

    2757229470045835107.jpg

    kittypaws
    Thanks so much and I wish the same for you.
    Looks like the Shepherd enjoys the snow, I see some on the muzzle.
    I'm still keeping the fingers crossed for some rain and snow.


    Quote Originally Posted by Calidore View Post
    ...I have to say, that warping effect you used to hide their faces in the picture is kind of creepy, because it looks exactly like what happens in photographs of people who've been cursed in The Ring.
    Agreed, that turned out kind of weird. Their mom and dad probably wouldn't mind their faces being shown given their involvemnet with that infernal facebook and tweeter business, but since I didn't ask, I took decided to warp.


    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen View Post
    ...My elder niece is a little artist. she is only 5 years old but very fond of making cards. She had sent me this a few months ago and I scanned it immediately.
    Wonderful! I like he dresses on the hangers too.
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

  7. #3097
    Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,716
    A few pics of our second White Christmas in three years taken the day after.

    The 2012 Halloween "Mozartgeist" waiting for New Year's celebration.
    His original Halloween pumpkin head has deflated down to a rotted blob no longer visible.
    The second head is waiting to be installed just prior to the New Years eve auto de fe.





    A shot down the creek






    Icicle on the green house gutter


    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

  8. #3098
    Dance Magic Dance OrphanPip's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2009
    Location
    Kuala Lumpur but from Canada
    Posts
    4,161
    Blog Entries
    25
    I think I'd prefer a far less white Christmas at the moment.

    "If the national mental illness of the United States is megalomania, that of Canada is paranoid schizophrenia."
    - Margaret Atwood

  9. #3099
    Snowqueen Snowqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    Posts
    2,523
    Gilliatt, OrphanPip great pictures, keep them coming.

  10. #3100
    Clinging to Douvres rocks Gilliatt Gurgle's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Texas
    Posts
    2,716
    Quote Originally Posted by OrphanPip View Post
    I think I'd prefer a far less white Christmas at the moment.
    Hehe, puts my paltry couple of inches to shame. "Damn Texans, look at 'em get'n all excited about a little snow"
    "Mongo only pawn in game of life" - Mongo

    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SKRma7PDW10

  11. #3101
    Snowqueen Snowqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    Posts
    2,523
    A few close up shots taken last week.








  12. #3102
    running amok Sancho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Seattle
    Posts
    2,510
    Nice!
    Some people call me Maurice
    'Cos I speak of the pompatus of love

  13. #3103
    Snowqueen Snowqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by Sancho View Post
    Nice!
    Thanks for this nice little comment.

  14. #3104
    All are at the crossroads qimissung's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Location
    Lost in the bell's curve
    Posts
    5,123
    Blog Entries
    66
    We have a mutual love of flowers, Snowqueen, but you get to be around them more. Your pics are beautiful, as usual, and I love your little niece's drawing! Such a bee-yu-ti-ful dress!

    Great pics, kittypaws and Gilliatt! I envy your wilderness abode, Gilliatt. I may live only a few miles down the road, but it's miles and miles of roads and cement in every direction.
    "The important thing is not to stop questioning. Curiosity has its' own reason for existing." ~ Albert Einstein
    "Remember, no matter where you go, there you are." Buckaroo Bonzai
    "Some people say I done alright for a girl." Melanie Safka

  15. #3105
    Snowqueen Snowqueen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2008
    Location
    Between the woods and frozen lake
    Posts
    2,523
    Quote Originally Posted by qimissung View Post
    We have a mutual love of flowers, Snowqueen, but you get to be around them more. Your pics are beautiful, as usual, and I love your little niece's drawing! Such a bee-yu-ti-ful dress!
    .
    Thanks for appreciating Qimi. I think I should have learnt some drawing skills from my niece.

Similar Threads

  1. Pictures of Authors
    By fayefaye in forum General Literature
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 01-05-2019, 05:45 PM
  2. Pictures In My Mind...
    By Reichenbach in forum Personal Poetry
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 02-16-2009, 12:41 AM
  3. pictures for poets
    By miss tenderness in forum Poems, Poets, and Poetry
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 04-01-2006, 04:09 PM
  4. Funny Pictures of the Day
    By subterranean in forum Forum Games
    Replies: 35
    Last Post: 11-07-2005, 09:41 PM

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •